OC & Modding All things SFF

Looks like 15% Customs, 42% IGST and Rs 590 for Fedex's service of pre-paying the customs duty on your behalf before delivery (instead of you having to go in person and paying at the customs office — those were not happy days).

Edit: Apparently you can claim Input Tax Credit on the IGST amount. How, I have no clue.

Another edit:

Logically speaking, the concept of IGST makes sense. You're paying tax on a financial transaction. Nevermind that the transaction was international. It sounds really oppressive but that's how the world works. For example, US Citizens are required to pay US income tax on whatever they earn outside of the US.

So your parents can choose to have you born in the US, bring you back to India with a US passport, and for the rest of your life you're required to pay Income Tax back to the US regardless of whichever country you might be earning in. At least until you renounce your US citizenship.

I guess this is how wars and statues are funded.

Last edited:
Looks like 15% Customs, 42% IGST and Rs 590 for Fedex's service of pre-paying the customs duty on your behalf before delivery (instead of you having to go in person and paying at the customs office — those were not happy days).

Edit: Apparently you can claim Input Tax Credit on the IGST amount. How, I have no clue.

Another edit:

Logically speaking, the concept of IGST makes sense. You're paying tax on a financial transaction. Nevermind that the transaction was international. It sounds really oppressive but that's how the world works. For example, US Citizens are required to pay US income tax on whatever they earn outside of the US.

So your parents can choose to have you born in the US, bring you back to India with a US passport, and for the rest of your life you're required to pay Income Tax back to the US regardless of whichever country you might be earning in. At least until you renounce your US citizenship.

I guess this is how wars and statues are funded.
The US is unique in its tax setup, at least amongst the major economies. I'm thinking the input tax credit can only be claimed if the importer is a business, not an individual. What I don't understand is the rate of IGST charged here (42%).

I've ordered this and will report back here once the product arrives. I've used my father's company as the importer, so let's see how much of a difference that makes.

pls suggest smallest itx case available here for a sfx psu(SF450) /apu(5600g) install. GPU support not needed. Thanks
Without PSU support, look at Asrock Deskmini X300.
Fellow SFF enthusiasts,

I didn't see a thread dedicated to SFF systems so I thought I'd create one. The goal is to share your inspiration, projects past and future, ask questions, and generally create a community for all things SFF. I know we're in the absolute minority, but you never know what bringing a group of enthusiasts and tinkerers together might create!

Cheers.
Started with SG13 in 2019, moved to Ghost S1 in 2020, SGPC K40 in 2021 and back to Ghost S1 in 2022 !

May be in future if AMD next gen iGPU performance is any good; I would love to further downsize my setup - though I will retain my Ghost S1 case.

I am looking to buy this monitor and it's 129k on the Dell website!. Where did you get this reality-changing deal?
Checkout samsung C8, it's a 35 inch ultrawide oled, is much better than the Alienware one and having known samsung, I think they will undercut dell with their pricing

Checkout samsung C8, it's a 35 inch ultrawide oled, is much better than the Alienware one and having known samsung, I think they will undercut dell with their pricing
Are you talking about the G8 oled which is basically the same panel but in a samsung branded monitor? I am waiting for its release, Q4 2022 probably. Don't know about the India release, price, and availability though. Also, idk how has samsung maintained QA with these QD OLED panels considering that their Neo series have been plagued with QA issues.

It's right there in my post, I called a retail store and got the quote. Dell Andheri for me, could be someone else for you.
I'm from Jaipur. Called up a store here. They're selling it for 110k (incl of tax)
Unless Samsung releases their G8 OLED, this seems like the best deal available.

Are you talking about the G8 oled which is basically the same panel but in a samsung branded monitor? I am waiting for its release, Q4 2022 probably. Don't know about the India release, price, and availability though. Also, idk how has samsung maintained QA with these QD OLED panels considering that their Neo series have been plagued with QA issues.
Yes, it's the G8. I think it's worth the wait, samsung will price it similar or less than the Dell variant and it has better smart features. I'm waiting for it as well

Not exactly SFF but highly praised by TPU

A quick, low effort post to show some cables I built for my CM V750 (SFX)/ NR200. The cables aren't very pretty (as are the pictures I took of them) because I used crude measurements for the wires as opposed to being exact and thorough. One of the goals of replacing the bulk of the stock cables has been achieved, however (or so I'd like to think); and my system hasn't blown up (though to be fair, I did verify the voltages with a multimeter). The wires have been run as tight as I was comfortable with.

The wire itself is 18 AWG, clear PTFE insulated with a silver-coated copper core (maybe an EE can explain whether the silver plating has genuine value or is marketing faff). What makes these pretty great is the insulation, which is very thin at 0.4 mm. The OD is just 1.8mm, making it especially suitable for SFF builds.

This project was a dry run for the cables I will need to make for an upcoming liquid cooled Dan A4 build (which has been an excruciatingly long time coming). I will also make some PCI-e cables (tailored to the NR200) this week.

The wire itself is 18 AWG, clear PTFE insulated with a silver-coated copper core (maybe an EE can explain whether the silver plating has genuine value or is marketing faff). What makes these pretty great is the insulation, which is very thin at 0.4 mm. The OD is just 1.8mm, making it especially suitable for SFF builds.
Hi, Silver coated copper core wires do indeed provide excellent conductivity and for high frequency application(Audio) it is claimed to provide good skin effect(not sure how true that is though). That said in our use-case(computers) we have neither high frequency nor the silver is thick enough to affect the quality/quantity of the current that is passing through so I would say it is just marketing speak. Apart from this I also believe silver plated wire have red plague problems when exposed to moisture(I think ESA(European Space Agency) did a study on this some time in the past) so check that out too.

Regards

Hi, Silver coated copper core wires do indeed provide excellent conductivity and for high frequency application(Audio) it is claimed to provide good skin effect(not sure how true that is though). That said in our use-case(computers) we have neither high frequency nor the silver is thick enough to affect the quality/quantity of the current that is passing through so I would say it is just marketing speak. Apart from this I also believe silver plated wire have red plague problems when exposed to moisture(I think ESA(European Space Agency) did a study on this some time in the past) so check that out too.

Regards
Thanks for clearing that up!

Not exactly SFF but highly praised by TPU
looks similar to nr200 and sama im01/galax revo3, but gigantic with 33L of total volume. i wish companies make more good matx cases

looks similar to nr200 and sama im01/galax revo3, but gigantic with 33L of total volume. i wish companies make more good matx cases
Which is why I said its not SFF. Btw NR200 does ITX only. Galax does MATX and ATX PSU with quite a few constraints. We do not have decent compact MATX cases with good cooling capabilities and I thought this fills the void quite well.

Which is why I said its not SFF. Btw NR200 does ITX only. Galax does MATX and ATX PSU with quite a few constraints. We do not have decent compact MATX cases with good cooling capabilities and I thought this fills the void quite well.
yes yes it definitely does. it is a nice looing case nonetheless especially that front mesh panel is a very good addition. there are also Silverstone Fara H1M and PS15. Both matx and 30-25 ltrs only. but for looks alone i would say that no one beats AP201. very clean and minimal

Back