Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys recently got hold of LG Optimus Net. Have a small query in one of the default widgets that are available on the top I see some shortcuts for Wifi Connection etc. How do I know what all these icons represent? Sorry if this is a silly question.

What is the best email client for Android?

I am using GS2,the default email app was doing ok,but it has stopped pushing mail recently.

K9 or droid mail are not 100% reliable,any other alternative?

Do not mind paid apps,but it has to be reliable.

I am facing trouble buying an app via my VISA debit card. The transaction fails. Has anybody experienced this? Can anybody help me out? :/

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

188007 said:
I am facing trouble buying an app via my VISA debit card. The transaction fails. Has anybody experienced this? Can anybody help me out? :/

Are you sure, Indian Debit card works with Google Market?

I dont know. Thats why I am asking here. Somebody might be having some experience with his debit card.

^ I tried purchasing a app with my existing debit card (though I didn't have enough balance on my account) and reported me "Purchase failed because of insufficient funds". Maybe debit card works for purchasing apps from Android Market.

I have enough balance on my card and it had also shown the same error to me.. but it was written "maybe"..

I am using Motorola Defy ,with Android 2.2 .Now recently i changed my gmail password on PC... after that all the setting in mobile went haywire.. I was not able to login to gmail /market. etc. so i factory reset the mobile..After factory reset , i got the setting of BSNL, but still when i enter the username/password for gmail or facebook , i am not logging in.The message says. that gmail not able to authenticate..I am able to sufy in mobile (normal sites).

Is there any android GPS app (offline) which speaks street names ???
I have tried almost all GPS apps like sygic, copilot, navigon (requires net connection at start else app crashes), iGo (best of all i think), google navigation (requires net connection and i dont have that on my phone) but none of them speak street names (except google navigation which requires data).

I had a chance to try Tom Tom on iPhone and it is awesome since it speaks street names and also has very good UI and options. Any clue if and when tomtom is going to come on android ? I read some article dated May 2011 which said it was going to come.
Also is garmin available for android ?

Sygic only requires net connection once after the installation. It works fine afterwards without any data connection. I use it this way and works like a charm.

Can some one please explain that

Android being one of the most widely used OS, having almost highest app downloads, Why the android apps are expensive, when compared to their counterparts on the nokia ovi store.

As I have studied the android apps are far too expensive ???

I haven't checked the prices, but it might have to do with Nokia wanting to get more people on board without forcing them to spend a lot. A lot of apps on Nokia must be subsidised by them. Android on the other hand doesn't have such issues. Heck, Apple has the highest per app cost, but they still sell like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back