Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
terminater said:
I am using Motorola Defy ,with Android 2.2 .Now recently i changed my gmail password on PC... after that all the setting in mobile went haywire.. I was not able to login to gmail /market. etc. so i factory reset the mobile..After factory reset , i got the setting of BSNL, but still when i enter the username/password for gmail or facebook , i am not logging in.The message says. that gmail not able to authenticate..I am able to sufy in mobile (normal sites).

Set up your GPRS again.. ask bsnl for a setting

Can anyone post citibank india apk. Its free app and supports android 1.6 and above. But for some reason it says incompatible in market on my spica which is on 2.2

Friends, I have been using Custom rom Void Forever + Fracno Kernel + Data2sd on My LG P500 until i did some hoshiyari on the mobile and hence needed to flashed original rom back into it..

Now the query is, when I got custom rom I did some partition (around 256MB or 512MB) for app installation and now I want the whole space of Memory card.. What should I do to get so?? Should I simply format it to get toal 4GB space or any other method??

^^Go to recovery and search for any option like delete secondary partition. Delete the 2ndary partition and then format the sd card.

Or download MiniTool Partition Wizard on windows PC. Mount your SD card. It will show you different partitions. Merge them and format it.

I keep getting Browser Messages from BSNL in my Inbox. I called CC & they said best way is to disable Service Messages in the phone itself.

I can find the option in Nokia Symbian phones but not in my Defy+. Any idea where the option is ?

andy1978 said:
Guys anyone knows of an android app which will show the %ge of battery available.

I would suggest the "battery indicator". It sits in your top status bar and does not clutter your screen.

Go for 'Battery Dr Saver'.

When you start this app while charging, it notifies you.

Here's screenshot of it:

2dgm244.jpg

Which is the best travel app for android ? Something which lets us organize trips and does more (don't know what more but). I have trip it, worldmate, kayak installed and all of these give the facility of creating an itenary only by sending them our ticket receipts.

Is there any other app anyone knows of ?

I'd like to know if there is any reminder/alarm app, where we can set an alarm/reminder to repeat every 45 min... i tried astrid and somehow wasn't able to configure it to do that... any suggestions?

nj_gamer said:
I'd like to know if there is any reminder/alarm app, where we can set an alarm/reminder to repeat every 45 min... i tried astrid and somehow wasn't able to configure it to do that... any suggestions?

Even I was looking for a reminder application which would flash on the screen about the reminder. Astrid looks to be the best among what I have tried so far, but still I would prefer some kind of app which would flash on the complete screen rather than only flashing on top.

Friends, I am using LG optimus one P500. Was earlier on Custom rom Void Forever+ Franco Kernel + Data2SD

Recently shifted back to stock 2.3 rom and now planning to go back to Custom ROMs, they are sweetest thing to use

Can anyone guide which is the best custom ROM option at present for P500, or which combo should I go for like the one I earlier had.

Void forever was really great, but I read on XDA that its developer has stopped working on it, so no advancement could come :(

Link to step by step guides for any new kind of tweaks with it will be treat :)

andy1978 said:
Even I was looking for a reminder application which would flash on the screen about the reminder. Astrid looks to be the best among what I have tried so far, but still I would prefer some kind of app which would flash on the complete screen rather than only flashing on top.

Guys any suggestions?

ashvarybabul said:
Friends, I am using LG optimus one P500. Was earlier on Custom rom Void Forever+ Franco Kernel + Data2SD

Recently shifted back to stock 2.3 rom and now planning to go back to Custom ROMs, they are sweetest thing to use

Can anyone guide which is the best custom ROM option at present for P500, or which combo should I go for like the one I earlier had.

Void forever was really great, but I read on XDA that its developer has stopped working on it, so no advancement could come :(

Link to step by step guides for any new kind of tweaks with it will be treat :)

Planning to go for this - [ROM][23DEC] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0-Thunderg-A4 [CM7STOCK] - xda-developers with Goldenleaf Kernel

One N00b query. what is the best way to back up my apps and data associated with them so that I can restore it after flashing rom (plus card partition) and dont need to reinstall everything from market

Also, what things are backed up when we make a backup from going to recovery mode. Does it backs up apps only or the whole ROM

ashvarybabul said:
Planning to go for this - [ROM][23DEC] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0-Thunderg-A4 [CM7STOCK] - xda-developers with Goldenleaf Kernel

One N00b query. what is the best way to back up my apps and data associated with them so that I can restore it after flashing rom (plus card partition) and dont need to reinstall everything from market
Also, what things are backed up when we make a backup from going to recovery mode. Does it backs up apps only or the whole ROM

I use MyBackup Pro for backup / restoration of apps and data everytime I flash a new ROM on my HTC Desire. You could try it.

A backup made from recovery mode, backs up everything. The ROM, your apps, their data, settings everything.

paraman said:
A backup made from recovery mode, backs up everything. The ROM, your apps, their data, settings everything.
Yes, a nandroid backup from recovery is the best way to backup everything, sys apps, user apps, data, etc.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

andy1978 said:

Any luck finding an app? I searched a lot... didn't find anything... very weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back