Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renegade said:
Maybe you need to change the proxy setting. Try removing the proxy IP address from the GPRS connection settings. I had a problem where official browser and market was unable to connect to internet, removing proxy IP resolved the problem.
Removal of proxy resulted in total blockage of access to internet connection..

ashvarybabul said:

APN: internet

Port: 8080

IP: blank

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ashvarybabul said:

Renegade said:

Did as you mentioned..

Now all other applications are able to access internet connection except default browser..

reverse was happening earlier!!

Funny Indeed..

^In that case create another APN with similar data as before and activate that when you want to use the default browser. But on a personal front only in rare cases i access the stock browser, basically when scanning QR codes to download something. Rest of the time it is either Opera Mini or Opera Mobile.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Can anyone suggest me a good contacts backup/sync system which uploads contacts on their online servers where i may edit the contacts and then say later on when i flash new ROM, i can simply sync them and download back to phone ??

I know i had mentioned RSEVEN but the site currently is broken and it has screwed up my contacts as in, i have each contacts thrice on my phone now. So i had planned to remove all this duplicacy from their website but it wont work.

Any suggestions...EXCEPT Google contacts.

Any problems with google contacts? I've searched a lot for free sync servers.. but none of them are actually "free". Zyb used to be the best but its history now. Why don't u do it the good old fashioned way? import/export to memory card.

blueren said:
Any problems with google contacts? I've searched a lot for free sync servers.. but none of them are actually "free". Zyb used to be the best but its history now. Why don't u do it the good old fashioned way? import/export to memory card.
The problem is that yesterday i had flashed my ROM and after the flashing google sync kicked in. But since i dont have all contacts on google contacts, it showed me like only 99 contacts (which are there on google contacts online too). But in such cases i usually download RSEVEN and login on mobile on the same since i have my all contacts on their web server. So Rseven sort of syncs but in that process it actually uploaded contacts from my phone to their server and created duplicates and also downloaded the already stored duplicates.

Hence 3 entries for each contact. I am trying to login to rseven and deleted all duplicates and then will also delete duplicates from phone but there seems to be some issue with rseven and hence not able to do it.

^^ Google contacts works pretty well. My guess is when you added the contacts on your phone, you added them to your rseven account and not your google account on the phone and hence they didn't get synced. What you can do for the first time is export your contacts to a vcard file or something and import them in gmail.

shantanugoel said:
^^ Google contacts works pretty well. My guess is when you added the contacts on your phone, you added them to your rseven account and not your google account on the phone and hence they didn't get synced. What you can do for the first time is export your contacts to a vcard file or something and import them in gmail.
Finally plugged in the issue. Had a 4 day old backup vcard file on my SD Card. Turned off the sync and Deleted all contacts from my phone using an app. Imported the Vcard file and got all my contacts. Now again turned on google sync and things are perfect now. Even my online contacts on google contacts web is showing fine.

Will be deleting everything from rseven online and again uploading it to resolve any future duplicacy issues.

[/COLOR]
Freefrag said:
Guys need a bit of advice.........between Defy V.S. Samsung I9003 V.S. HTC Desire which is VFM ?
When you can buy Galaxy S I9000 from LetsBuy @22,400, why would you want to buy either of the two?

Ferrari1976 said:
[/COLOR]
When you can buy Galaxy S I9000 from LetsBuy @22,400, why would you want to buy either of the two?

Hmmm.......do not want to go beyond the 20k mark therefore the conundrum.

Guys i have a qwerry . I had installed ninjump game on my mobile

It was saved in phone memory and its size showed 14 mb but when i moved it to my sd card it showed its size as just 7 mb

How is this possible?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

That's cos the remaining 7MB was transferred to the sd card.. So, it's still occupying 7MB of your O1's internal memory..

I too thought that maybe the apps move partly

Is there any way to move them fully to sd card because my phone memory is getting filled up fast only 30-35 mb left

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

custom roms offer a2sd option where your entire cache and dalvic cache is moved to the sd card. So by default, the apps get installed on the sd card itself. The phone is fooled to think of it as its internal storage. Its a brilliant option! :)

Hmmm.......do not want to go beyond the 20k mark therefore the conundrum.
you have two options then ..

Galaxy i9003 and the Moto Defy.
First off even I was under the same dilemma this week .. but decided on the DEFY and im picking it up today.
Moto Defy

3.7" 854x480 - TFT Capacitive LCD

Cortex A8 800Mhz + SX530 GPU

2 Gig Internal (1.2 Gig Usable)

5mp + 480p recording.
Android 2.1 (2.2 rolling out as we speak)
Cost: 17.9k (Hyd)

Samsung i9003

4" 800x480 - Capacitive SCLCD

Cortex A8 - 1000 Mhz + SX530 GPU

4 Gig Internal (1.8 Gig usable)

5mp + 720p recording.
Android 2.2
Cost:19.5k (Hyd)
-They both have the exact same internals and defy which is still 2.1 has benched relatively better than the i9003.

-Samsung i9003 has no camera flash.

-Defy can easily OC to beat the i9003 performance(upto 1.2Ghz).

-Defy is water-proof, dirt-proof,scratch resistant and the most durable smartphone available.

-Smaller form factor makes is easier to carry around since it doesnt need a pouch-carrycase.

-I personally find the 3.7" DEFY more comfortable becoz of the increased pixel density.

-Better music on the Defy and a much much better loud-speaker.

-Defy has a secondary mike for noise-cancellation which works nicely.

-Motoblur vs TouchWiz (choose your poison)

-Defy has slightly more RAM ..?? (debatable)

-Defy has the Phone-Portal feature which I'm dying to try out. :D (Browser based phone-suite over Wifi)
The Moto Defy hardware is still not fully utillized presently and so with the coming 2.2 upgrade we can expect lot of improvements to come along .. (720p recording even .. :) )

dexBG said:
you have two options then ..
Galaxy i9003 and the Moto Defy.
First off even I was under the same dilemma this week .. but decided on the DEFY and im picking it up today.
Moto Defy
3.7" 854x480 - TFT Capacitive LCD
Cortex A8 800Mhz + SX530 GPU
2 Gig Internal (1.2 Gig Usable)
5mp + 480p recording.
Android 2.1 (2.2 rolling out as we speak)
Cost: 17.9k (Hyd)
Samsung i9003
4" 800x480 - Capacitive SCLCD
Cortex A8 - 1000 Mhz + SX530 GPU
4 Gig Internal (1.8 Gig usable)
5mp + 720p recording.
Android 2.2
Cost:19.5k (Hyd)
-They both have the exact same internals and defy which is still 2.1 has benched relatively better than the i9003.
-Samsung i9003 has no camera flash.
-Defy can easily OC to beat the i9003 performance(upto 1.2Ghz).
-Defy is water-proof, dirt-proof,scratch resistant and the most durable smartphone available.
-Smaller form factor makes is easier to carry around since it doesnt need a pouch-carrycase.
-I personally find the 3.7" DEFY more comfortable becoz of the increased pixel density.
-Better music on the Defy and a much much better loud-speaker.
-Defy has a secondary mike for noise-cancellation which works nicely.
-Motoblur vs TouchWiz (choose your poison)
-Defy has slightly more RAM ..?? (debatable)
-Defy has the Phone-Portal feature which I'm dying to try out. :D (Browser based phone-suite over Wifi)
The Moto Defy hardware is still not fully utillized presently and so with the coming 2.2 upgrade we can expect lot of improvements to come along .. (720p recording even .. :) )
Hmm.....you make some good arguments but the I9003 retails at 18.5 in Alfa,Mumbai and i think i would rather pay 600 bucks more and get a S-LCD,plus i am not much of a camera buff.So I guess I9003 it is.Thanks for your assistance :)

dude .. 18.5 k for the i9003 is tempting .. My friend just got one here last week for 19.5k :( .. and that was the minimum after a lot of bargaining.

What's the current going rate for a Defy.. ??
17.9k was the lowest I got in Hyd .. any idea about the rates in bangalore. ??

dexBG said:
dude .. 18.5 k for the i9003 is tempting .. My friend just got one here last week for 19.5k :( .. and that was the minimum after a lot of bargaining.

What's the current going rate for a Defy.. ??
17.9k was the lowest I got in Hyd .. any idea about the rates in bangalore. ??

I think the defy retails at 17.5k in Mumbai and I have no clue abt the Bangalore rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back