Anna Hazare's fast against corruption

Re: Anna Hazare arrested by Delhi police ahead of today's fast.

The govt has displayed enough stupidity already. My guess is they are releasing him so that he dies in the open, and not in custody as then they cannot be blamed legally.

rohan30186 said:
I dont think Government Bill are posted online for your so called reference....
http://www.indiaagainstcorruption.org

Central bills can be found on the govts site, state bills are harder.

rohan30186 said:
Article is simply perfect dont judge it plz
What article ?? Gannu posted a pdf presentation.

How would you know its perfect ? Perfect is the wrong word, what you want is neutral & unbiased ie objective.

In fact one of the major problems with Gannu's pdf is the question of neutrality. They say the govt disagrees with this then add their own reasons, they do not provide the govts reason for rejection. This leads the reader on as the reader is no expert & lacks the adequate info to judge. So the motive is clearly to biase the reader against the govt.

There is also the implication that any rejection by the govt is final and there can be no more negotiating. this isn't true.

The govt has a vested interest in looking involved in this affair given the recent scandals.

agantuk said:
Anna Hazare - The Real Gandhian in him

Posted on pages before.

Nice stats of the guy who uploaded the video. :)

Channel Views:0

Total Upload Views:12,302

Latest Activity:1 day ago

Subscribers:6

^ Sorry, must have missed amongst all those posts. It however cannot be ignored just because it is a fresh video. It would be akin to saying all those Tehelka videos were irrelevant and fake just because they reported late

the messenger has become bigger than the message , sadly this had to happen .... good luck mr hazare , news channels must be having a field day with this

Mr. Manish Tiwary here is siding with a Govt. who doesnt even want to disclose the names of the people in the black money list given by Govt. of Lichtenstein.
This very fact leads us to doubt the Govt's motive in fighting against corruption and black money.

err is it about Anna Hazare or Corruption ? ... Things are at early stage, and once the dust settles down we'll get clear picture :) ...

One doesn't need to watch the video posted above to reach those very conclusions about Anna Harare. I have long come to the conclusion that he believes strongly in centralization of power with one person or small body in total control and reeked of fascist ideologies at times. Even his current attitude and mentality that the govt should do whatever he says and when ever he want's than what a majority vote in parliament decides is proof that he neither believes in nor has any respect for democracy. Considering most of our population abuses our constitutional rights, and never bother about our duties, I even agree a bit that Democracy is very ill suited to our country compared to Monarchy or dictatorship. His intentions may be right, but he should not be so senseless as to not see that what he is doing currently is nurturing corruption and what he wants (rather demands) will just shift the locations of corruption and possibly even increase its severity.

I am totally alright with the police taking preemptive action. I don't care if they did it under political pressure, but as far as I am concerned, they arrested a trouble maker. If he required police permission for staging his protest and he chose to carry on even when he didn't get it, it just shows that he has no respect for the law either. There is right way to protest and this is definitely not it.

From the very first day he has been talking about getting the Jan Lokpall bill into play. Almost as if he knows that its going to happen. He does come across as an attention seeking control freak - the type who find fame more exhilarating than money.

अगर आप अन्ना नहीं तो आप गन्ना हैं!

@agantuk, Its people with mentality like you, that it took so many freaking years to get rid of the british rule here in India. You are just attacking him personally. What have you done on a personal level to curb the problems in this country ? Rather than supporting someone who does give a crap for the country you are sitting idle in your armchair and giving your "opinions" on what sort of a person anna is. I feel sad for you. I suppose you want corruption to stay or the least flourish some more.

enough of our newschannels , my neighbor going nuts , from last 3 hours he watching Anna news in full volume , crushing others sleeps ( mine too ).

vishal2055 said:
@agantuk, Its people with mentality like you, that it took so many freaking years to get rid of the british rule here in India. You are just attacking him personally. What have you done on a personal level to curb the problems in this country ? Rather than supporting someone who does give a crap for the country you are sitting idle in your armchair and giving your "opinions" on what sort of a person anna is. I feel sad for you. I suppose you want corruption to stay or the least flourish some more.
And what's your problem actually?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

multi said:
enough of our newschannels , my neighbor going nuts , from last 3 hours he watching Anna news in full volume , crushing others sleeps ( mine too ).

You have two options - go and shout at him right away, OR, record his activities now, and wait for the day or rather night you need a night out, and play music full volume, ensuring he of all people gets to hear it

kippu said:
the messenger has become bigger than the message , sadly this had to happen ....
Well, thats a major problem in our society, ppl becoming bigger than their causes. its completely against what a constitutional deomcracy is supposed to be. Nobody should be bigger than their party. But you still see so many personalities that are just that in fact they go out of their way to hog the limelight.

Just look at the various parties out there and the leaders, its less about the party & more about the person. sonia, modi, maya, nitish etc.

kippu said:
good luck mr hazare , news channels must be having a field day with this
Main pont : did congress shoot themseleves in the foot ?

If they had detained him later, would there have been the same drama ? If so then no.

The state asserted its authority when it was challenged. That is what a functioning state is supposed to do.

How long will this uproar last ?

a week is a very long time in politics ;)

vishal2055 said:

Care to explain how the protest is going to help reduce corruption? The way I see it, his demands would centralize power that would only relocate and increase corruption. Secondly what about the corruption nurturing around him. You do realize that protests and protesters of this sort are prime centers for nurturing corruption? Anna's intentions may be genuine, but what about the people around him who take advantage of the situation? How come lakhs or even crores of rupees are spent for a protest whose prime essence is supposed to be fasting? Where does the money come from and where does it go? Easy to sit in arm chair and support every action of so called anti-corruption activists (who happen to have no respect for the law) without ever giving a thought to whether what they are doing is right. Its not easy to exercise thought and judge for yourself.

The main reason India ever came under British rule is because of our lack of individuality, lack of self respect, lack of respect for others and most of all slavish mentalities ready to follow anyone without thinking. Our people tend to follow leaders than ideologies. There is Anna fighting corruption, yeah lets support every damn thing he does because after all he is fighting corruption. There's Baba Ramdev. He get's crore's of rupee's (which he himself admits) which is obviously black money and god knows where it comes from and where it goes. He can barely last a day of fasting despite all his Yog shakti, He doesn't have any respect for the law, he doesn't even have the gut's to stand his ground and face arrest and would rather dress like a women and escape, but he protested a day against corruption, So, yeah lets support his as well. That is all people want to do.

The key to fighting corruption is resisting and fighting it at an individual level, not blindly supporting every thing that some other activist does without even understanding his ideology.

blr_p said:
Main pont : did congress shoot themseleves in the foot ?

If they had detained him later, would there have been the same drama ? If so then no.

The state asserted its authority when it was challenged. That is what a functioning state is supposed to do.

How long will this uproar last ?

a week is a very long time in politics ;)

Actually that is what seems very suspicious to me. Getting arrested was probably the best thing to have happened for Hazare and I'm sure the political gurus in Congress could have foreseen that things would play out in this way. So who is on who's side now?

i really cant take this drama for a week, already my clients meeting is filled with discussions of how corrupt india is ....leaving out the fact that they just paid bribes themselves for getting something done

Back