Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the smsc number for vodafone (mumbai)? i cant send any sms. i get sms though. i searched on sim for sms service number but did not find it.
read on net that its because of using the magic number in phone [*#*#4636#*#*]. seems using that makes smsc box go blank when we save settings like gsm only or evdo. :(

Guys please suggest me good iem for this phone. It should have the mic to answer the calls.
Can spend max upto 1K.
Thought of MP21 but not sure of the compatibility. My samsung IEM are not working properly with this phone.

Guys please suggest me good iem for this phone. It should have the mic to answer the calls.
Can spend max upto 1K.
Thought of MP21 but not sure of the compatibility. My samsung IEM are not working properly with this phone.
skullcandy ones with mic should work fine .

whats the procedure for people currently on a rooted GB get this?

Just copy the downloaded rom zip and reboot back in to CWM and wipe data / cache / dalvik-cache and flash the downloaded zip file. I think this should be enough..

- - - Updated - - -

Just copy the downloaded rom zip and reboot back in to CWM and wipe data / cache / dalvik-cache and flash the downloaded zip file. I think this should be enough..

I am very sorry to let you guys know that, I bricked my burst :( and all the credit goes to the cwm6:angry: that I downloaded from the clockwork mod site (I am warning you guys, never ever use the cwm6 from the cwm site for the burst ). Hence, I am left with no phone on which I can dev or test my builds. Hence, I am herewith thinking of dropping the support. My budget is tight and hence I cannot afford to buy a new phone atm, If I can get a phone at a cheap price, I am willing to pick up one more and continue my deving. else, I might have to say a :bye2::bye2: to the burst community and its very sad to do so...

Please let me know guys if would like to help me....

^ sad to hear that. i think someone on xdaforums bricked his burst too with cwm 6.

there are a lot of people who got their burst bricked with the shitty cwm6 that the developer posted online... I am looking to buy another burst guys, please let me know if someone is willing to sell it for deving.

- - - Updated - - -

I am very sorry to let you guys know that, I bricked my burst :( and all the credit goes to the cwm6:angry: that I downloaded from the clockwork mod site (I am warning you guys, never ever use the cwm6 from the cwm site for the burst ). Hence, I am left with no phone on which I can dev or test my builds. Hence, I am herewith thinking of dropping the support. My budget is tight and hence I cannot afford to buy a new phone atm, If I can get a phone at a cheap price, I am willing to pick up one more and continue my deving. else, I might have to say a :bye2::bye2: to the burst community and its very sad to do so...

Please let me know guys if would like to help me....
can't it be recovered if usb debugging is enabled ? i heard that if usb debugging is enabled one can recover with fastbot . I think u should give a try to that :D

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone and noticed that the screen was draining a lot of battery. One night when I went to check its charging status in the dark, I noticed that even though I had clicked it off - the screen back light was still burning.

After a little bit of research, I discovered that if you use a widget to switch off and lock your phone, it does not actually work. Only the actual hardware button has the power to put it into its proper sleep mode. Probably because of the way Android is designed.

Now the battery lasts a day and a half without any problem.

My sister had the same problem and I removed the Screen Lock widget. It would increase wear and tear on the hardware button, but the battery takes a real hit.

People complaining about the battery usage from the Pantech's screen can check this out too.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone and noticed that the screen was draining a lot of battery. One night when I went to check its charging status in the dark, I noticed that even though I had clicked it off - the screen back light was still burning.

After a little bit of research, I discovered that if you use a widget to switch off and lock your phone, it does not actually work. Only the actual hardware button has the power to put it into its proper sleep mode. Probably because of the way Android is designed.

I don't think I have this problem. I am using widgetsoid's lock screen widget and it works fine.

my PBurst has problem sending text messages. It does not send any message to any phone in fact. But I can send messages from my old phone with the same sim. talked with vodafone care and other guys who have android phones from long time. no one's faced such a weird error. Sending an email to Pantech support email id bounces back with spam header.
seems like i have to reflash the stupid phone with original GB firmware again. I'll flash ics soon after that.

I have already told a member that i might be able to help out if someone is willing to lend his/her bricked pantech. I might be able to recover burst if i was able to found the jtag pads.

The ROM is good. However, the camera simply dies most of the time when you try to take a photo especially more so when accessing through another application such as goggles or instagram. Is it possible to get the same ROM but retaining the stock camera app or is it possible for me to overwrite the camera app in some way?

here comes the download link..

Stock Lite Rom v0.1

Feel free to report any bugs that you may come across. Just wipe data / cache / dalvik from recovery and do a fresh install for the best results. Yes, I will continue to work on this rom further and make it as perfect as possible. Yes I am on XDA as well. But since we have a large user base than xda for burst, so I decided to post it here first.

The ROM is good. However, the camera simply dies most of the time when you try to take a photo especially more so when accessing through another application such as goggles or instagram. Is it possible to get the same ROM but retaining the stock camera app or is it possible for me to overwrite the camera app in some way?

Hi new to the Android scene. Not new to hacking phones.

I have the Burst and Updated to ICS.
I rooted it with the guide I found here: Hack notes on Pantech Burst/Presto/P9070 with ICS update 10/3/2012 | TAU – It's All About The Negative
before i joined this forum.

the rooting guide said the CWM is not needed so how did you install the the custom ROM.

Thanks.

I think everyone will agree that battery life of burst can be increased by reducing the minimum brightness level. For me the lowest brightness is still not dark enough. If anyone knowledgeable can try this mod which includes changes to the framework- res.apk file and share it would be really helpful.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1541180

what's the link for ICS from xda? Is it in this post? xda-developers - View Single Post - Pantech Burst Essentials
Is it Burst's upgrade to ics link? Is it same as that given by pantech support?

Is this the link to davepmer's ics file? http://level99.thestuffoflegends.net/Burst/JUUS09032012.zip
No first link is incorrect
first is correct but he has also detoxed it and removed AT&T crap . Its on rom manager also
ClockworkMod ROM Manager - ROMs
xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Pantech Burst Love, Anyone? Anyone?

This is xda dave 4shared folder which has all the links
JUUS09032012-10182012.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
and
Level 99 – Music and Stuff » Pantech Burst Files

That are all the links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back