Black Friday (25th November, 2011) deals.

can we buy from amazon.com and they ship to india for free ?

or do we have to like have some one in US to ship it for us . help me i wwant a new mouse .

and what about custom duties and all ?

Sennheiser HD 600 are comming on sale on amazon in about 2hr 20min, can't see the price yet.

and later WD 3tb Usb 3 hdd again don't know the price.

@ buddingwhizkid

It totally depends on what type of item you want to buy. Most books, DVDs/BDs are always available for directly shipping to India. But in case of other items, Amazon has restrictions on which items to ship directly. Look for the items which are sold directly by Amazon (and not by some seller on behalf of Amazon). These can be most possibly allowed to be shipped directly to India.

Amazon calculates Customs on your behalf for such items and you need to pay it upfront while payment.

HD 600 are on sale for 260$

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

wait a sec its saying 100% claimed and saying something about joining waiting list

Metalspree said:
Congrats raks , prime is the best thing amazon has done.

Although i am not a paid member and have taken a 1 month trial. The $79 steep price per year is stopping me from taking it. I was hoping for a BF deal for the prime membership but no go on that.

Don't really plan to take the membership as i am ok getting products after 4-5 days.

Metalspree said:
Congrats raks , prime is the best thing amazon has done.

And NO TAX is also the best thing :D

Well even i activated trail membership , once everything is delivered will cancel it :p but the downside is u cannot get trail anymore with the same account.

raksrules said:
Although i am not a paid member and have taken a 1 month trial. The $79 steep price per year is stopping me from taking it. I was hoping for a BF deal for the prime membership but no go on that.

Don't really plan to take the membership as i am ok getting products after 4-5 days.

And NO TAX is also the best thing :D

isnt the student is cheap $25 or something , You just require an .edu address

Edit its free for 6 months on .edu address

try that will serve your purpose

link Amazon Student

^^But then i cannot get a .EDU email address from anywhere you see. May be one can share an account with someone else having a .EDU address.

I want to buy a new laptop for my home (old MSI is dying, will never buy MSI lappy again). But i already have 2 laptops here (1 office and 1 personal) and the customs won't allow one to carry more than one laptop when i come back. I guess it is supposed to be one per person right ?

raksrules said:
I want to buy a new laptop for my home (old MSI is dying, will never buy MSI lappy again). But i already have 2 laptops here (1 office and 1 personal) and the customs won't allow one to carry more than one laptop when i come back. I guess it is supposed to be one per person right ?
one personal and one official, I have traveled twice last year with 2 laptops

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Sanav3 said:
one personal and one official, I have traveled twice last year with 2 laptops

Are you 110% sure i can do that? I know i have done this before when i came from China but i had to convince the customs for the personal laptop. I was carrying an official and a personal one then.

So between me and my wife, we can get 1 more laptop from here when coming back right ? Since i already have a official one and a personal here.

raksrules said:
Are you 110% sure i can do that? I know i have done this before when i came from China but i had to convince the customs for the personal laptop. I was carrying an official and a personal one then.

So between me and my wife, we can get 1 more laptop from here when coming back right ? Since i already have a official one and a personal here.
I have done it :)

But also keep a check on total value of all electronic items you carry, more the luggage more are the chances of being questioned.

i ordered my new laptop.

vaio f

2D option.

intel core i7 secind gen 2670 qm( quad core i7 ,turbo till 3.1ghz)

640 gb 7200 rpm disk (will be becoming external usb 3 disk as i am getting ssd for this monster)

4gb * 1 ram (will be making it 8 gb thanks to patriot memory 4gb for 10 $)

16,4 full hd ( i wish it was IPS)

nvidia gt520 m (hope it does not heaat up badly)

win 7 pro.

standard usb ,usb 3 ports and all.

all for 771.

hows it?

got free upgrade to core i7 as part of black friday and recieved some 40 usd discount as student .

raksrules said:

Yes 2 laptops can be taken

Sanav3 said:
I have done it :)

But also keep a check on total value of all electronic items you carry, more the luggage more are the chances of being questioned.

How do these customs treat a tablet (10" ones), as a laptop types of we can carry it in addition to a laptop. Because i do have the HP touchpad too along with me.

In addition i would be having couple of 12" digital photo frames and 7" frames. We are two people who will be travelling, so how do we ensure that there are minimum / no custom hassles.

Back