BSNL 3G Thread

[attachment=6778:12371.attach]
Check out the above screenshot.
Either BSNL has gone insane or ive lost my eyesight:tongue:.The speed reached 7mbps infact but couldn take a screen shot of that since i was busy ogling at the speeds :eek:hyeah:.

Is BSNL testing out their 7.2 mbps line??i consistently got those burst in an interval of 15 mins.

Place :Bangalore

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 113
WHat is ur dB level??am getting around 150 kbps even though ive around 80% signal strength.is it because of the users to bandwidth ratio??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ supra. are u by any chance experiencing these bursts of speed too??

@sumatrix I dont know if u can post properly. Firstly its 200 KB/s you are getting and not 200 kbps ! 200kbps = 25 KB/s...plz be clear.

Next u post that you got 7 Mbps for sometime...then again 1.5 Mbps or so....so I guess the speed is fluctuating a lot.

Please note I m not using torrents at all....where speeds are highly fluctuating due to the common IP and incoming ports not being open.

I use hotfile/RS and getting avg 300KB/s almost all the time. I do get bursts but not interested in those. As long as I get 200KB/s avg whole day we all should be happy.

Please remember most of us getting it for free for 7 days and as such the loads are very high in Bangalore where the demand of 3G has been immense in last 1 month.

I hope after the free period lot of ppl will drop out as paying around 4200/2500 in advance is not quite cheap....may be we will get better speed then. Now lots of free users (including me :p) are choking the network...still BSNL is keeping up with at least 200KB/s is a great thing :D

Cmon what will u guys download for 24X7 at that speed ....we all should use bandwidth responsibly as well....by just downloading everything internet has to offer to r@pe the BSNL 7 days offer.

Guys plz post kbps and KB/s properly.

^^The network is already choked and i am getting 100-150 KB/s whereas earlier it was in the range of 350-400KB/s and i dont expect any load reduction in coming days as people here are ready to spend rs 4200 on internet, this is expected in a city full of software engineers and students.

@supra : lol.. who wouldnt take full advantage of the 1 week free UL pack and r@pe the BSNL n/w ? And you telling "we should use bandwidth responsibly" ??

Why would one care about what speed the other guy is getting when he is enjoying this UL pack ?

BSNL has provided this r@pe facility because it doesnt wants to lose customers and also wants to gain more customers with this plan, so that it can face the challenges with the oncoming private player's 3G services.

@supra, whats scene with file hosting servers downloading? Becoz of ip sharing do you people face problem or u are using premium account? What about free users of such servers, it would be impossible for them to download things isnt it?

@ i accept my mistake for blinding out the difference betweeen kbps and KB/s and i wud like to confirm that it is KB/s and not kbps.dorry for that.

Also please do read properly i was just interested to know if any one had any info if BSNL is carrying out their testing for7.2 Mbps line.

Am also getting an avg of 150 KB/s in RS files..

^^ What testing of 7.2 Mbps lines you are talking abt !!

3G in Bangalore is 7.2 Mbps compatible ....thats theoretical speeds budy...actual speeds depends on load/signal etc.

Even if you are sitting next to the tower u wont get 7.2 Mbps :p

akshay7g said:
^^Xtremez.org.....With IPT just around 200kbps.

For some reason my speedtest sucks. Any idea why?
yep..even my speedtest shows .60Mbps but actually i am getting speeds in the range 490-510KBps consistently..

RSSI value from MDMA is showing as +99.I think +99 indicates that the BSNL tower is not registered so it is not able to detect the signal..

Could any1 of u tell me how to check the actual signal strength??

Why would one care about what speed the other guy is getting when he is enjoying this UL pack ?
Enjoying is what we all are doing....but I know lot of ppl who instead of taking up the 2500/4200 offer are taking new sims every week to rather exploit it. Now at Rs 120 bucks per week for unlimited at min 1.5~2 Mbps...its like a mass 0rgy :p

And Ya i use premium accounts :p

I am connecting via my SE phone W705! Yesterday whole day i got slow speeds.

In the night I tried FTP downloads, with multiples connections, I saw max of 2.4Mbps! And today morning a speedtest clocked 2.99 Mbps! I get 100% signal at my home usually. Some times it hits 60% though.

@Supra Should I get the E122 ? Or is there a faster one ?

Back