BSNL 3G Thread

raksrules said:
I am currently in Surat and had thought of testing my BSNL 3G but i am in such a sucky area that i dont have signals in my airtel, bsnl or reliance. However tata docomo has full strength but no 3G only EDGE so using that to reply here. /rant over :p
lol wth? Where are you put up? :p

PM me your contact number.

I had contacted Uniglobe Enterprises (the sticker on my UMG181 says they imported the modems to India), and they said the E1752 and E169 are available for Rs 1850. They are based in Delhi, so if anybody is interested you can check with them.

E1752 is a 7.2mbps / 5.76mbps modem, but no external antenna slot.

^^ E1750/E1752/E176 are having issues with BSNL 3G network at various place...so I will warn ppl to get those models.

As of now UMG 181/E122 are the safe 7.2 Mbps modems :)

Hey guys am facing a new problem. ive connected to 3G through my phone. the speed remains constant at 200-250 Kb/s but suddenly after some 12 mins or so the speed drops to zero and no activity thereafter.also the connected does not disconnected and remains connected but there is no activity. is anyone facing the same problem?

sumatrix said:
Hey guys am facing a new problem. ive connected to 3G through my phone. the speed remains constant at 200-250 Kb/s but suddenly after some 12 mins or so the speed drops to zero and no activity thereafter.also the connected does not disconnected and remains connected but there is no activity. is anyone facing the same problem?

You need to install this: When you try to download a file from the Internet by using Internet Explorer, the download stops responding hotfix! :)

End of Day 2 :

D/L - 64GB :D

BTW guys increasing the "maximum number of connected peers per torrent" in utorrent helped me in getting 500KBps+ constant from 350KBps. Havent tried public trackers yet though.

^^E122
Update : When I used it on my netbbok and shifted to upstair room, signal strength increased to 45% and -93dBM (from 22%, -105dBm). My d/l speed now hits 650KBps+ :D Should have tried it from the start. Was too lazy to disconnect the modem. :p
BTW btjunkie is giving me better speeds than IPT now. :p

Update:

akshay7g said:
^^E122

Update : When I used it on my netbbok and shifted to upstair room, signal strength increased to 45% and -93dBM (from 22%, -105dBm). My d/l speed now hits 650KBps+ :D
Man ur speeds are Awesome. I cant understand on what factors does the speed depend on. It seems to change from tower to tower.

For me Signal strength is around 98% and RSSi is around -70dBM but still speeds hover around 20 - 30 KBps that too very inconsistent.

Whats the difference between HSPA and HSDPA? I'm getting HSPA while my friend is getting HSDPA on E1550.

manuvikram007 said:
@ akshay7g

Am gonna bombard the tower near ur house...soo jelous:)

anyway am from kollam will update u the speed here in a week time:)

Good Luck bro. As Supra said I might be the only one seeking 3G from the tower nearby. :p

sg3707 said:
Man ur speeds are Awesome. I cant understand on what factors does the speed depend on. It seems to change from tower to tower.

For me Signal strength is around 98% and RSSi is around -70dBM but still speeds hover around 20 - 30 KBps that too very inconsistent.

Good question ! :p

sg3707 said:
For wireless using multiple connections increases the overall speed.
So try downloading 3-4 files simultaneously to know the speed available to you.
Also make sure you have switched your phone to 3g/UMTS mode.

ggt said:
For wireless using multiple connections increases the overall speed.

So try downloading 3-4 files simultaneously to know the speed available to you.

Also make sure you have switched your phone to 3g/UMTS mode.
Tried everything bro. Using a E122 not phone.

Now cursing my luck and using it. Since it is BSNL cant do anything else.

Back