BSNL 3G Thread

sg3707 said:
Tried everything bro. Using a E122 not phone.
Now cursing my luck and using it. Since it is BSNL cant do anything else.
I guess since you stay at bangalore where Mr. 3G sarkar stays (supra),
He and his co is hogging away all the available bandwidth. :p

And the same query again - where do we do the 2500/4200 recharge from? :ashamed:

An online portal would be awesome.

If someone could kindly edit the first post to include it, it'd be useful.

Desecrator said:
Danke Vivek! As always. :D
wow a German 3g user??

Anyway wanted to know on what basis the speed depends??

the signal strength the dB value or the device??

I know that all the 3 play a role but which facto hogs all the limelight??

I ve full signal strength but the dB value is around -90

^ I think the towers/local network plays the most important role.If its set to provide 2mbps or 4,5,7mbps it will deliver that.Then comes the device, it should also allow for that much speed to download/upload.Finally its the signal.It has got to be stable,if it wavers then the speed will do so.

I have left out the network congestion part and the amount of users hogging the network at one time.

I guess since you stay at bangalore where Mr. 3G sarkar stays (supra),

He and his co is hogging away all the available bandwidth.

Ya I should not have disclosed and posted about all this and mainly the speeds screenies in the 1st few pages :p

Because of that community service now I m down to 2 Mbps from 4 Mbps speeds a mnth ago.

SpaceVoid said:
^ I think the towers/local network plays the most important role.If its set to provide 2mbps or 4,5,7mbps it will deliver that.Then comes the device, it should also allow for that much speed to download/upload.Finally its the signal.It has got to be stable,if it wavers then the speed will do so.

I have left out the network congestion part and the amount of users hogging the network at one time.
Yes Even this is true.

But as far I my case is concerned I have checked at the exchange side and the network is set to provide at maximun speed around 7MBps here.

^^ PPL are downloading 30-40GB a day....what do u expect...I never downloaded more than 6-8GB in a single day :p

I guess after 3-4 months ppl will run out of downloading stuffs and also some users will shift to private 3G operators and may be then we can expect better speeds :)

@akshay7g---Bah u should send me a copy of all those stuffs to me :p....when should I send u my HDD :D

Supra said:
Ya I should not have disclosed and posted about all this and mainly the speeds screenies in the 1st few pages :p

Because of that community service now I m down to 2 Mbps from 4 Mbps speeds a mnth ago.
LOL totally. TBH I never knew 3G penetrated to such extents in the country but for this thread and your posts. :)

Back