BSNL 3G Thread

I cant register on the network - so I think it is not activated yet - got it from the exchange.

They didn't heard about the 58 FRC - so did a 120 FRC instead.

Supra said:
^^ Yes it is...no FUP even during the free 7 day unlimited trial period. Akshay would have downloaded 100GB by nw in 3-4 days :p
Yup No FUP even for trial period. Downloaded 110GB in 3 days. 4 more days to go. I might consider taking 6 months plan if my 3G speed remain consistent for remaining 4 days or I might bring home another 3G sim for another week of downloading.

EDIT: I think E122 is bottlenecking my speed. I hav witnessed sudden disconnects once I reach 780kBps+. Maybe its time for UMG1831. :p

can anyone tell me how do I activate GPRS/EDGE plan of Rs 274/month unlimited?

currently I am getting 3G speeds on my 2G sim, hence don't want to convert it into 3G and pay higher charges when I can enjoy same speed by choosing a GPRS/EDGE plan.

archat68 said:
I cant register on the network - so I think it is not activated yet - got it from the exchange.

They didn't heard about the 58 FRC - so did a 120 FRC instead.
The BSNL customer care morons say my SIM is activated - but I can't access network. Is my SIM faulty?

^ what does *123# gives on the phone ? What does it say ? You tried calling your new sim from another phone ? Can you call out from this new sim of yours ?

I can't get any signal at all on mobile with my new sim. When I try to manually search and add the network - it is showing Cellone on operator list but when I'm trying to connect it is giving "access denied" or "registration failed" message.

When I called my new sim from other mobile i'm getting switched off message.

Try dialing 123 and check if it goes through. Same thing happened to me till the shopkeeper from where I bought the sim asked me to just dial 123. And voila! everything worked :p

dharmilstar said:
can anyone tell me how do I activate GPRS/EDGE plan of Rs 274/month unlimited?

currently I am getting 3G speeds on my 2G sim, hence don't want to convert it into 3G and pay higher charges when I can enjoy same speed by choosing a GPRS/EDGE plan.

After recharge that 3G speed (2mbps+) will disappear because 2G GPRS of 274/- UL pack is throttled to 256kbps (32KB/s) maximum.

a bsnl query.. just got the following sms

Your account will be suspended on 05/12/2010.Please recharge your account 1 day before suspend date .

what recharge should i do? how long will that be valid?

not yet. speeds fluctuating. maybe drop the 3g all together. :S.

only 1 month validity????? nothing longer???

what abt the 280??... it shows 365...

archat68 said:
I can't get any signal at all on mobile with my new sim. When I try to manually search and add the network - it is showing Cellone on operator list but when I'm trying to connect it is giving "access denied" or "registration failed" message.

When I called my new sim from other mobile i'm getting switched off message.
hey i am facing exactly same problem as yours.. got my sim 2 days back. It's the northeast Region1 sector(agartala), since two days i have been running to their office and yesterday one lady told me that my number is already active but its not updated in the kolkata bsnl telecom. Now how many days it takes to get updated or watever she's telling, plz let me know if u already solved ur problem!!

^^ hey are u going to the CSC and checking it ? My native place is also Agartala :p....check in the BSNL Kaman Chowmanhi office mobile section regarding activation. Also please not prepaid 2G/3G sims taken in Agartala (NE1 Cicrcle) works only in NE1, NE2 and Assam Circles. They wont work once you come to say Bangalore :(

Back