BSNL 3G Thread

I just borrowed a terracom modem of a colleague to check the speeds,i inserted my sim and set up the bsnl software and after connecting it was running really slow, dunno why,i checked the settings, it was on 3g and check signals, they were good, still very low speeds, i tried downloading a 100mb file and it said it will take one hour. Also did the speed test and it is showing .35 mbps download and even lower uploads. I check the network settings, it was showing 3g , checked other details everything seemed alright.

Is there something wrong, why such low speeds even while surfing and downloading. Posting a screenshot below of the bsnl software.

beauty55 said:
buddy ur sim is activated but u have to do First Recharge of either Rs.120 or RS.58 or Rs.52 ,then only u can access internet or make any calls otherwise u will get only incoming calls.
That's not the issue..actually there is no signal/network..shows error if tried to register to any network manually..i had the same problem..

But now i got my problem solved automatically..got the signal with bsnl network(after 4 days of buying the sim).. but i can't access internet..neither 3G nor Edge symbol is displaying(120 FRC is done)

Can anybody tell me usually how long does it takes max to get the internet working(3g/EDGE) after activation of the sim?

When i bought my sim today, the Anuty at the desk said that bye just recharching for Rs 120 internet will not work, as that is just for validity for 6 months. She said you need to have value in the phone for internet to work. So i did a top up for Rs 55.

Total i spent - Rs 59 for sim, Rs 120 FRC for 6 months validity and Rs 55 top up to have some balance as after 120 FRC , balance was still zero.

But the speeds i got when i tested a colleagues modem were disappointing, need to figure out, why such low speeds. I know other members said dont rely on speed test, so i tried to download a 100 mb file, for that also it showed 1 hour time to download.

I have got two options to go for now : -

1. HUAWEI UMG1831-21 Mpbs -

2. BIGPOND 3G9WB ROUTER

3G9WB: NetComm

Need to decide between the two and take a call to close it.

I have been getting these speeds for every 4-5mins from the past 1 Hour:eek:hyeah:

2mfir9l.jpg

330a4h0.jpg

Hey..

Have a general BSNL query. Will my Kerala BSNL 3G sim work in Mysore, Karnataka?.

Or will that be in roaming or something?. Will there be any extra charges?

^^yes,you can use kerala 3G sim in mysore, no extra charges for data usage but your voice plans will be according to applicable roaming rates.

I'm getting very low speeds with my Galaxy 5 which is HSDPA enabled. Also tried Nokia 5700 which is only 3G enabled. Although I'm using public trackers but my wired broadband connection gives me much better speed :( .

Something to cheer you guys up :D

2GB download in less than 50mins. :p
D/L speed : 650-750kBps
The sad thing is my 7 days UL offer ends today or tomorrow.
Downloaded around 250GB :)
Now seriously need to invest on HDDs. :(

How to stop getting stupid annoying messages from BSNL every now and then telling how much data i have used ??

OT : What recharge gives me low texting price and low local and std calling price ??

anyone from M.P able to recharge for 4200/- ?

i'm unable to recharge it with 4200/- as BSNL Portal doesn't show any option for 4200/-

NAV33N said:
anyone from M.P able to recharge for 4200/- ?

i'm unable to recharge it with 4200/- as BSNL Portal doesn't show any option for 4200/-
Portal doesn't show 4200 option for me too. I think you need to visit the local BSNL CSC and do a recharge from there.

I have connected my huawei e122 to the router. as soon as i click apply after entering all the settings on the hsdpa page , the page freezes after it reaches 100%.

Also i need to goto thro hell to even access the home page of the router after that.. i need to restart then restore it to original settings and only after that i can even access the home page..

Any help??

Back