BSNL 3G Thread

dissel said:
By charging FRC 120 u get,

180 days validity with 0.00 main balance.

Plus u get

Local SMS = 300/- (How to know, Press *123*1#)

National SMS=500/- (*123*2#)

Local On Net Call= 100/- (*123*5#)

Local OffNet Call= 50/- (*123*6#)

Video Call = 85/- (*123*9#)

All above are valid for 30 days.

GPRS Data= 105028 MB valid for 7 Days. (*123*10#)

You can try *123*1 to 10# to know other option for yourself....but with New 3G SIM activation the above incentive are there to start with.

For internet usage you don't need to do any other recharge for the first 7 days. For calls you can hear annoying reminder that you have low Zero balance then the call made from your SIM....

Until 100,50,85 runs out.
Wow. Thanks for the detailed info mate. Really appreciated.

dissel said:
Local SMS = 300/- (How to know, Press *123*1#)
National SMS=500/- (*123*2#)
Local On Net Call= 100/- (*123*5#)
Local OffNet Call= 50/- (*123*6#)
Video Call = 85/- (*123*9#)

All above are valid for 30 days.

GPRS Data= 105028 MB valid for 7 Days. (*123*10#)
These codes didnt work for me :(

Gettin invalid scratch code error.

Revolution said:
So,that mean it is not really UL for 7 days ?
It is near 100GB FUP for 7 days ?
Please correct me if I'm not getting it wright.....:ashamed:
Yes......these 100GB = Unlimited according to BSNL.

According to my experience this 3G is not equivalent to our Trusty Broadband wired connection which remain constant speed all the time during download/Internet surfing etc etc. 3G connection do disconnect,low speed,signal quality,Pick hours low speed etc etc.
So 100 GB in 7 day is hard to deplete....As for the most of the user......I can used only 25GB in 4 days after solving the E122 problem. During d/l it get disconnect and remain same until I came home and look in the screen,but you can use re-dial function of Windows dialer...else I get very low speed most of the day time.

I don't think there is any FUP policy in the 3G till now.

Bad experience with them. The guy took the money and did not do the FRC on my number. I called him today and he has gone out of town for another 2 days. I asked him to tell somebody else to do it and he is like he will have to check the records first and he is the only in the exchange who is authorized to recharge and operate the computer. WTF :mad:

While we are discussing the recharge part, just wanted to check currently i have 6 months validity as i got the 120 recharge done.What recharge can i do to get a lifetime validity, rather than struggling every 6 months to increase validity and then do top up.

Dushie said:
While we are discussing the recharge part, just wanted to check currently i have 6 months validity as i got the 120 recharge done.What recharge can i do to get a lifetime validity, rather than struggling every 6 months to increase validity and then do top up.

Even for the lifetime validity plan,you have to recharge/top up every six months with rs 220 , so there isnt much difference between your plan and lifetime validity plan.

Dushie said:
When you recharge with a Data Plan the validity of main account increases too. So as long as you keep activating a data plan, there is nothing to worry.

Can somebody tell me where to get TATA walky antennas.can i search for them in mobile repair shops?Is it worth this much money?

eBay India: 3G antenna (item 190474457940 end time 30-Dec-2010 12:46:41 IST)

seriously 2300/- for a 7dBi gain antenna????????
Is anybody seeing some significant boost using an antenna.
With my wave 8500 I am getting 150 KBps avg during day and arnd 250 KBps at night with 3 bars of the signal

Besides this antenna aslo looks good
http://cgi.ebay.in/3G-antenna-/190474457940?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item2c59299354

how much am i expected to pay for it for buying from US?
what is the procedure for buying this through ICCWorld?can somebody plz guide me through it?
This one is a 16dBi gain antenna

^ You can get the same antenna from eBay US from HK based sellers for less than $10. I got a 9dB antenna for $13 recently and practically I couldn't find much difference as I was already getting 90-95% signal at home. I will try it at a low signal area later and see. :p

JUST an udate for anyone looking for confirmation of 4200/6monts plan in chattisgarh...i went to the office it, they took 4200, it worked !

freedom for 6 months ! :)

varkey said:
^ You can get the same antenna from eBay US from HK based sellers for less than $10. I got a 9dB antenna for $13 recently and practically I couldn't find much difference as I was already getting 90-95% signal at home. I will try it at a low signal area later and see. :p

nah this one is a 16 dBi gain antenna(the 2nd one)But let's see how much ICCworld quotes for the 16 dBi one.
P.S. The 2nd antenna is from A HK seller.The price on site is 20$ so how much do i need to pay for it to ICCworld?

^ Both links point to the same 7dbi antenna. Anyway if its a HK seller, they will directly ship to India, I wasn't charged any duty.

^ :) Just ask the seller, he will mostly ship it to India. I bought my first 7db antenna from the same seller ( Which btw didn't work properly, although he refunded the money :p )

Getting it through ICC would be a waste of money.

strategy said:
JUST an udate for anyone looking for confirmation of 4200/6monts plan in chattisgarh...i went to the office it, they took 4200, it worked !

freedom for 6 months ! :)
Great. Do let us know your roaming experience in Delhi with the Chattisgarh number.

I have a talk with BSNL guy which also reads this thread frequently , said this antena thing not gonna help .

what is imp is your nearby tower & it's behavior:p

also people should keep in mind this is wireless connection -tends to have some disconnection .

before investing in big amount get some 1 to check how good /bad connectivity @ your place :ashamed:

multi said:
I have a talk with BSNL guy which also reads this thread frequently , said this antena thing not gonna help .

what is imp is your nearby tower & it's behavior:p

also people should keep in mind this is wireless connection -tends to have some disconnection .

before investing in big amount get some 1 to check how good /bad connectivity @ your place :ashamed:

shucks.
out go my dreams.:(But still haven't some people reported improvement using antennae in this forum.I am not sure if I can remember

Back