BSNL 3G Thread

logistopath said:
Portal doesn't show 4200 option for me too. I think you need to visit the local BSNL CSC and do a recharge from there.
My 30 day recharge is ending soon !

if i do a 4200 recharge ...is it warranted that i wont lose my money on some 4000 odd talk value !!

this is all india right? ! Am from chhattisgarh. On nov. 6th last month the office did not know about the plan (4200) and i was forced to do the 1500 recharge!

Help anyone !

Thats one reason i am scared .

no 4200 option there on my no. max 1500

( instead of 1499 )

the thing is even if the offer is all india ...my 1499 recharge takes re.1 i.e. 1500, what if my 4200 recharge takes 4201/2 ! xtra! thats what i am worried about! what if my 4200 go down the drain !

^^In that case, it would be best to get it done via bsnl CSC, dont worry its one month since you last visited them, by this time surely they would have got the notice for this offer.

Take a printout from the BSNL website and show them in case of any dispute. It will be better if you go the exchange (there are some exchanges which also has a CSC ) where you can meet up with the higher officers in case of any dispute. The people attending the counters don't know much so instead of arguing with them demand to meet up with someone higher up and show him/her the printout. Your problem will be solved. Nowadays the BSNL people try to serve the customer better - its my own experience.

How to stop getting stupid annoying messages from BSNL every now and then telling how much data i have used ??

OT : What recharge gives me low texting price and low local and std calling price ??

Use Blacklister App

For SMS recharge Rs 13 ( all local national sms at 1p per sms for 30 days)
For local calls recharge Rs 61 (all local calls at 30p/min)

is there any advantage of using data card over mobile phones with HSPA other than battery issue? also are there various 3g sims by bsnl/docomo or just one type of sim to server all purposes?

I got my BSNL 3G 128K SIM today. I am not able to connect to the 3G network though I have full reception and the SIM card is properly detected. The software shows me to be connected to the Dolphin MTNL network and on roaming though I am in Gurgaon.

Has anybody been able to browse while on roaming and do we need to change any settings or APN for this roaming thing? Also, do we need to send any SMS or something to get the 3G activated?

I was charged 59 + 120 (7 days unlimited) by the BSNL guy.

When i went for buying my sim couple of days back, the aunty at the counter said the internet wont work until you have some balance, so i did a top up of Rs 55. But other users have mentioned that internet should work free for first 7 days after activation.

Dushie said:
You can do the Rs 55 top up, that should get it to work. I have got the same done.
And that will not affect my 1 week unlimited 3G service right? I will do the top-up right away online if you confirm.

^^The portal is acting weird. It keeps telling me to enter a valid 10 digit mobile number when I am correctly entering my number. Its just not accepting it. Fcuktards BSNL :mad:

^^Thanks for the link Supra. I have one more query though. I just inserted the 3G sim in my phone and checked the balance by pressing *123# and it says that "Your credit expires on 13th Dec 2010 and your service expires on 28th Dec 2010". Does this mean I will have to again do some other recharge to increase validity after 28th Dec 2010?

Or I can just do a 55/100 top-up now to make 3G work and then on the 13th December, I can recharge by the 4200 recharge if the 3G speeds are fine? Please advice. Thanks.

I dont think FRC has been done on ur sim yet :p

You are in the 15 day grace period to do your 1st FRC. They activated the sim but didn't do the FRC yet...I mean the BSNL CSC

Supra said:
I dont think FRC has been done on ur sim yet :p

You are in the 15 day grace period to do your 1st FRC. They activated the sim but didn't do the FRC yet...I mean the BSNL CSC
Oh crap. And that guy took the money from me for it already. I paid 59 + 120 to him. So this must be the reason my 3G is not working. By the FRC of 120 gives validity of how many days?

Mohit said:
Oh crap. And that guy took the money from me for it already. I paid 59 + 120 to him. So this must be the reason my 3G is not working. By the FRC of 120 gives validity of how many days?
By charging FRC 120 u get,

180 days validity with 0.00 main balance.

Plus u get

Local SMS = 300/- (How to know, Press *123*1#)

National SMS=500/- (*123*2#)

Local On Net Call= 100/- (*123*5#)

Local OffNet Call= 50/- (*123*6#)

Video Call = 85/- (*123*9#)

All above are valid for 30 days.

GPRS Data= 105028 MB valid for 7 Days. (*123*10#)

You can try *123*1 to 10# to know other option for yourself....but with New 3G SIM activation the above incentive are there to start with.

For internet usage you don't need to do any other recharge for the first 7 days. For calls you can hear annoying reminder that you have low Zero balance then the call made from your SIM....

Until 100,50,85 runs out.

Back