BSNL 3G Thread

Desecrator said:
^I did not check the actual download speeds since the network coverage was very low. But browsing was pretty normal.

No FUP on this plan as yet.
No Official FUP but time to time BSNL finds strange ways to limit users from using the facility to its max benefit... Like for me and few others things were butter like smooth initially and then sudden spikes and freq DCs for many days/weeks..... :(
Bsnl maharaj ki jai ho :(

smnrock said:
Ok, this is what happend :(
1. Yday morning i updated to latest k4505 firmware from dc-files and everything was fine
2. Yday evening after coming from office, i tested for voice calls, but it failed.
3. So i tried the previous version of k4505 firmware and when i tested voice calls were working fine :)
4. But i found frequent disconnections and modem getting very hot too
5. So i decided to going back to original UMG1831 firmware and during that end of that process it gave me message of succesfull but also in the field of IMEI: ERROR_IMEI :(
6. After this if i see in MDMA or MobilePartner, IMEI and Serial no field is empty.
7. Most worst thing is without IMEI no, i cannot register in 3G network, but its registering with 2G network(BSNL) :(
Even i committed the same mistake you did.

onlyravi said:
No Official FUP but time to time BSNL finds strange ways to limit users from using the facility to its max benefit... Like for me and few others things were butter like smooth initially and then sudden spikes and freq DCs for many days/weeks..... :(
Bsnl maharaj ki jai ho :(
Tell me about it... through wvdial those frequent dc makes no difference to me.

+LT

Just took a new BSNL 3G sim in mysore.

Connected through my Nokia E71. Getting direct download speeds of only 35-45 KBps.

Speeds through torrents not even going above 10 KBps :( :mad:

Try using it at some other place where signals r strong... or with some other device.... probably a 3G usb modem of a friend...

Lakshmish said:
Even i committed the same mistake you did.
I told in earlier to u all that donot do the firmware update unless it becomes very necessary or device is not working...

And congrats every one and thread opener for reaching 100 pages of the thread. :p

The BSNL officer was telling that the 1 week free UL is no more and i would get only 200MB for the month. Is it true?

I did try to argue with him saying there is 1 week free UL until 1st week of Jan. He was adamant in saying NO.

CeDrIc said:
The BSNL officer was telling that the 1 week free UL is no more and i would get only 200MB for the month. Is it true?
I did try to argue with him saying there is 1 week free UL until 1st week of Jan. He was adamant in saying NO.
History repeats itself but never thought so soon :)
Anyways screw those retired BSNL dumbos.... Start using the 3G... After a while you can check your balance and see if u r charged for it... If you are not.... its Free!!!
I was told the same crap... but I had got a week free...
Seems that you have done the 120FRC ... which means you get some talk time free (150 in Maharashtra) and 200MB GRPS usage(1 month validity).
That 200 MB will be credited to ur account after the first week. Enjoy the one week 3G till then....

CeDrIc said:
No. I am in Mysore (karnataka) now. And got the sim from here itself. Did the 120 FRC. Havent got any talktime though.

Balance amount is 0
Yes, the one week unlimited thing is over I guess, because I did an FRC67 and they said I'll get one week unlimited, initially I was checking the balance also, but on forth day when I was taking to my brother over skype, it got disconnected saying last usage some 56mb, net balance -10 :mad:

and all those four days I was using the SIM in my SGS, so not downloading, just checking mail etc, so I think initially I used the 200MB and later I was charged :(

What a thread!!I was really tempted and bought a bsnl 3g sim today,recharged it with 120,now I have a validity of 6 months.What am I supposed to do now?Recharge with 1499 to get one month UL or 4200 for 6 months(is it still available?)Please help me guys.I am from kolkata BTW and live very close to a telephone exchange and getting 100%signal anywhere in my place.

Thanks for that information,but are you sure it is 1 week unlimited?*123*10# shows balance of about 100992MB,which is valid till 8th Jan(which is practically unlimited for a week though)

Back