BSNL 3G Thread

cisco_tech said:
@bigbyte. That trick does work. At least with my ev-do. I was previously getting 500-600 Kbps.

qou1b5.jpg

And now with bowl. Always between 1500-2000 Kbps. :)

Try this with a USB cable whose female socket is covered... The one u have used exposes the steel casing of the USB socket. Try one like @bigbyte has used... it will give u even better signals... why this happens I dont know but I read this on many blogs and forums and tested it myself.

Supra said:
No need of mentioning any plans :p
I had done the 991 easy recharge long back and it had worked :p

Just do a recharge (not topup) of Rs 991/999. Also you have to make sure you are on a 3G Plan with 3G properly working on a 3G sim/2G migrated to 3G sim.
how to make sure that i am on a 3g Plan? :ashamed:
If i buy a New 3g sim from BSNL wont i automatically be on some 3g plan. Now All i have to do it recharge it for Rs 991 right?

Hi,

Just some quick queries:

1. Is there any roaming charges on 3G/otherwise data uses on BSNL Networks across India.
2. What is the maximum D/L speeds on 3.6/7.2 Mbps USB Modems.
3. Is there any roaming charges on 3G enabled USB Dongles which BSNL provides
4. Looking to purchase a 3G Dongle preferable with external antenna support....What are my options ?

Thanks

sgx100 said:
Hi,

Just some quick queries:
4. Looking to purchase a 3G Dongle preferable with external antenna support....What are my options ?
Thanks
Many Huawei modems are available now in the market such as the UMG1831, E122, 181, 1750 and others. UMG1831 being the most popular recently... with 21Mbps support.

Please take the effort to go thru few pages of this thread or the BSNL 3G site, instead of just shooting queires.... these are lazy queries not quick queries......
No offence meant but these things have been discussed again and again in the same thread....

Answers In Line....

sgx100 said:
Hi,

Just some quick queries:

1. Is there any roaming charges on 3G/otherwise data uses on BSNL Networks across India.

No

2. What is the maximum D/L speeds on 3.6/7.2 Mbps USB Modems.

Varies a lot. On a 3.6 Mbps modem you can theoretically get max of 3.6Mbps and likewise for 7.2 but BSNL Network is providing speeds only upto 3.6Mbps in most areas barring a few so dont expect anything above that for now

3. Is there any roaming charges on 3G enabled USB Dongles which BSNL provides

No

Refer earlier post

Thanks

bigbyte said:
Today I tried recharching my BSNL maharashtra sim with Rs.4200/- with a retailer in Pune. Got an error that recharge failed, Invalid amount.
Maybe he did not have enough balance in his LAFO. Ask him to check his balance first...
Also make sure that he is doing recharge not topup :)

He filled the requisite amount specially for me and he tried recharge AFAIK. Top would not normally fail, I'll get talktime minus service tax.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I hope bsnl has not withdrawn the scheme prematurely.

BSNL GPRS (3g or edge both) has suddenly stopped working on my both numbers in MTNL mumbai network. Was working fine till yesterday. Connecting through apn bsnlnet. :(

^^ Its Rs 898 + ST so Rs 991 E-Recahrge...dnt confuse ppl :p....I wouldn't have posted if I was not confimed. In fact I used the BB 991 recharge from Sept 15th to Oct 15th 2010 :p

Revolution said:
So,MicroSIM will not fit into normal mobile and data cards ?.....
Nopes they won't fit :(

Although one can convert a normal SIM to microsim, but not the rverse way :(

You can recharge with the BB 991 , i asked the S.D.E in my area and he said, u can recharge with it on data cards to :)

Guys...I am getting EDGE connection in my 3G since 11AM today....anyone facing this issue in Blore??

spent 2 hrs already trying to figure this out but no luck

I must thank onlyravi and raksrules for their replies to my shooting queries :)

Just got a 3G SIM in Bihar/Jharkhand Zone but I intend to use data packages In Delhi and All Over India.

Paid 59 ( SIM CHARGES) +120 (Validity of 180 days/200 MB or both..Im not sure about this) +55 ( Agent said I need min 50/= to use 3G) = 234/=

He was aware of the 4200/= 6 months unlimited package but was clueless about 1499 monthly package.

Will wait for the Service to activate and report back.

Thanks again.

vercetti said:
Guys...I am getting EDGE connection in my 3G since 11AM today....anyone facing this issue in Blore??

spent 2 hrs already trying to figure this out but no luck
No... i'm using 3G from yday night non-stop:p, but speed is worse around 40KB to100KB

Back