BSNL 3G Thread

sgx100 said:
I must thank onlyravi and raksrules for their replies to my shooting queries :)

Just got a 3G SIM in Bihar/Jharkhand Zone but I intend to use data packages In Delhi and All Over India.

Paid 59 ( SIM CHARGES) +120 (Validity of 180 days/200 MB or both..Im not sure about this) +55 ( Agent said I need min 50/= to use 3G) = 234/=

He was aware of the 4200/= 6 months unlimited package but was clueless about 1499 monthly package.

Will wait for the Service to activate and report back.

Thanks again.
Use 991 instead of 1499, if u don't wanna risk 4200 :p

BTW, my 3G data service got activated instantly after 120 recharge. Recharged , came back home and bang UL 7days download started

sgx100 said:
I must thank onlyravi and raksrules for their replies to my shooting queries :)
Just got a 3G SIM in Bihar/Jharkhand Zone but I intend to use data packages In Delhi and All Over India.

Paid 59 ( SIM CHARGES) +120 (Validity of 180 days/200 MB or both..Im not sure about this) +55 ( Agent said I need min 50/= to use 3G) = 234/=

He was aware of the 4200/= 6 months unlimited package but was clueless about 1499 monthly package.
Will wait for the Service to activate and report back.
Thanks again.
So has BSNL stopped 1 week of free 3G with FRC of 120 !!!!

ramanujpatro said:

BTW, my 3G data service got activated instantly after 120 recharge. Recharged , came back home and bang UL 7days download started

No idea mate...Its been more than 5 hours and I cant seem to surf/download anything. Dialing *123# shows 0 balance and validity of 7 days but shows no data.
ramanujpatro said:
Nopes, its still available. With every 3G SIM activated, u get 7 days free downloads :D

How do I find the same on my card...Its still shows 0 balance after I did a 120 Recharge and 55 Topup I guess

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ramanujpatro said:

ramanujpatro said:
Nopes, its still available. With every 3G SIM activated, u get 7 days free downloads :D
DarkAngel said:
So has BSNL stopped 1 week of free 3G with FRC of 120 !!!!
Hey no idea ... balance shows absolutely nothing except a validity of 7 days.
How do I find that I have 7 days U/L download ?

I suppose 7 days U/L data download is still there for new connections.
have a look here :

BSNL_3G_data_card_Festival_Offer_Ad_1_1.jpg

Welcome @SGX100...
I was also not able to connect to internet yesterday whole day using 3G/EDGE. But my BSNL BB was working.
Even today I am not getting speeds above 600kbps :(
Not sure whats happening....

Yes the speeds are very bad on Holidays and evenings, guess every one logs on and BSNL 3G goes for a toss....... I get good speeds but only very late in the night around 2 AM and early mornings (4 - 5 Mbps) rest of the time I am lucky if I am touching 512kbps.

sgx100 said:
No idea mate...Its been more than 5 hours and I cant seem to surf/download anything. Dialing *123# shows 0 balance and validity of 7 days but shows no data.
How do I find the same on my card...Its still shows 0 balance after I did a 120 Recharge and 55 Topup I guess

Hey no idea ... balance shows absolutely nothing except a validity of 7 days.
How do I find that I have 7 days U/L download ?

I suppose 7 days U/L data download is still there for new connections.
have a look here :
Hey, 7 days validity suggests 120 FRC not done successfully :(
have u got any message regarding 120 Recharge successful ?
If not then contact the person who rechrged.
Without 120 FRC (or other FRC) no other recharge will be possible.

johnsunder said:
WHAT !!!! That must be a typo, right ?
Humor post ;)

onlyravi said:
Welcome @SGX100...
I was also not able to connect to internet yesterday whole day using 3G/EDGE. But my BSNL BB was working.
Even today I am not getting speeds above 600kbps :(
Not sure whats happening....
Ironically BSNL BBD is not working for me now.
Same is with BSNL 3G.
I can see a 3G signal on my phone...tried all types of settings but still not a web page opened. Im using Nokia 5800. Any help would be really appreciated.
Even tried using Ovi Suite...That didnt work too.

I suppose Im doing it wrong somewhere but donno where ?

ramanujpatro said:
Hey, 7 days validity suggests 120 FRC not done successfully :(
have u got any message regarding 120 Recharge successful ?
If not then contact the person who rechrged.
Without 120 FRC (or other FRC) no other recharge will be possible.
Hey I got two confirmations 1st For FRC 120 and 2nd for 55 Recharge.
Now my Main balance is 49.86 and validy is extended by 180 days.
So thats ok...Main issue I cant how hard I try make my Nokia 5800 show me some web pages...Downloading would be a bit too much to ask from it right now :(

sgx100 said:
Ironically BSNL BBD is not working for me now.

Same is with BSNL 3G.

I can see a 3G signal on my phone...tried all types of settings but still not a web page opened. Im using Nokia 5800. Any help would be really appreciated.

Even tried using Ovi Suite...That didnt work too.

I suppose Im doing it wrong somewhere but donno where ?

Hey I got two confirmations 1st For FRC 120 and 2nd for 55 Recharge.

Now my Main balance is 49.86 and validy is extended by 180 days.

So thats ok...Main issue I cant how hard I try make my Nokia 5800 show me some web pages...Downloading would be a bit too much to ask from it right now :(
I am in the same boat as you for the last 10 months. Nothing has helped, I have a Nokia 5230. No amount of calling customer care worked and abandoned the line after 3 months. Totally thumbs down to BSNL 3G.

ramanujpatro said:
You can recharge with the BB 991 , i asked the S.D.E in my area and he said, u can recharge with it on data cards to :)
So,u have to tell the BSNL no only ?
They will will not ask for iPad.blackberry or microSIM ?.....
BTW,u ppl take ur SIM with u in ur mobile when u recharge them at BSNL CC ?
I mean keep ur modem and sim at home and go for recharge at BSNL CC.....:S
Or just tell them the mobile no and paid them the money for recharge ?.....
I mean do u trust BSNL blindly ?.....

sukant said:
is this offer valid to avail only till 31st Jan 11 ??
if u mean the festive offer of 3G like 4200 for 6months then its 29th Jan 2011 not 31. Its 90days from 1.11.2010
@revolution....
U R unnecc confusing urself buddy.... if possible just pop the bsnl sim in a cell phone when u recharge it. This way you can instantly get the recharge confirmation via SMS. Thats ur proof of recharge. Whr does trust come inpicture.... keep it simple mate... this is no rocket science... everything is as same as normal sims only the speed here is high nothing else.....

BTW still no improvements in my 3G speeds. Its horrible sometimes....

Revolution said:
So,u have to tell the BSNL no only ?

Ofcourse BSNL No.

They will will not ask for iPad.blackberry or microSIM ?.....

Nopes, they aren't aware of it :lol: Have u heard any story abt parrot ?

Just like u say it to a parrot and it replies u back with the same. The guys at CSC are somewhat similar with no brain.Whatever they have been said, they will blindly follow those instruction :rofl: Never use their brain :lol:

BTW,u ppl take ur SIM with u in ur mobile when u recharge them at BSNL CC ?

I mean keep ur modem and sim at home and go for recharge at BSNL CC.....:S

Or just tell them the mobile no and paid them the money for recharge ?.....

Its better to take ur SIM and confirm abt the recharge right there, no need to take any risk :D

I mean do u trust BSNL blindly ?.....

U can trust sometime but not always, u never know as the amt u recharge is 4200/991.

@sgx100, your 120FRC was not done successfully, don't know why since you received the message, but it was definitely not a success. With 120 FRC you get 180 days validity and 150 talk time plus 200mb data valid for 1 month plus 7 days unlimited data plus 1000 sms.

bigbyte said:
@sgx100, your 120FRC was not done successfully, don't know why since you received the message, but it was definitely not a success. With 120 FRC you get 180 days validity and 150 talk time plus 200mb data valid for 1 month plus 7 days unlimited data plus 1000 sms.

It was done successfully :)
Sorted the problem...Actually I jyst had 49 /= balance which was the culptrit.
Put in a 55 top up and things started to roll...Not my fault entirely...The person in the shop has to be blamed....They are absolutely clueless :mad:

Thanks so much anyways. I appreciate your concern.

Back