BSNL 3G Thread

^good info but compared to reliance 3g the speed sucks. If mtnl 3g starts supporting 7mbps speeds then mtnl can surely gain more customers.
BTW today i got a promo video call on reliance 3g. Looked good.though it was still a promo call.

@supra
I did what you said but this time only green light was blinking. Also when i fired mobile partner it said "device is either disconnected or unavailable" and the message then disappeared. Even trying to select the device from options does not help as nothing is listed there. Even when i started MDMA it was stuck on "detecting connected mobile device" but it does not detect it even after a minute. What seems to be the problem?
Ps-my operating system is windows xp

surya_neo said:
I recently bought...UMG1831 and had hard time installing the drivers in Win 7 Ultimate...There is a fix for Windows 7 from huawei site..search for it and install it after installing the drivers...Then it will start working...

ps:windows 7 fix

using win 7 starter. Didnt have to install anything extra except for mobile partner.

Tried in another XP machine at home and still no success. Getting same error that device is disconnected or unavailable in mobile partner. Blue light blinking on the modem. But i cannot see anything on computer as device is not detected. The software including mobile partner is getting installed automatically successfully everytime i connect the device to different USB port.

Please help guys. what is wrong i cannot understand :S

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

2rr9b2r.jpg

Why BSNL always sucks for me.....:mad:
Borrow a Huawei E173 from a friend.
Got BSNL CellOne 3G SIM yesterday.
Set bsnlnet as APN
Got -65dBm signal inside home.

Now time for Rim SMART SIM.
Set smartnet as APN
Got -63dBm signal inside home.

Rim.jpg

raksrules said:
Tried in another XP machine at home and still no success. Getting same error that device is disconnected or unavailable in mobile partner. Blue light blinking on the modem. But i cannot see anything on computer as device is not detected. The software including mobile partner is getting installed automatically successfully everytime i connect the device to different USB port.

Please help guys. what is wrong i cannot understand :S

2rr9b2r.jpg
your modem driver has not been installed properly. Try manually installing it.
Sent from my Desire HD

so folks

today is the last day. I already did a 2500 which is valid till feb end. Should i do a 4200 now?

Will they continue this plan? If i do a 4200 nw will the earlier 2500 be deactivate and this will be valid? Any issues?

smnrock said:
your modem driver has not been installed properly. Try manually installing it.
Sent from my Desire HD

But i just plugged the modem and it self installed everything and after installing the drivers (i guess when this is happening green (or is it blue??) light was blinking). Then it asked me to install to mobile partner.

How do i install it manually. Please let me know in details as i am bit noob in this :ashamed:

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Can anyone give me the link for Mobile Partner or any other utility ?
I want to try it out on a BSNL Provided Dongle.

Is today the last day for 4200/2300/2000 Recharges ?

raksrules said:
But i just plugged the modem and it self installed everything and after installing the drivers (i guess when this is happening green (or is it blue??) light was blinking). Then it asked me to install to mobile partner.

How do i install it manually. Please let me know in details as i am bit noob in this :ashamed:

Thanks in advance.
Google the driver for win 7,download it.Go to device manager,your modem should be under network adapters,right click on it and select update driver and choose browse my computer,select your downloaded folder,ignore windows alert(if any)-restart and you are done.

raksrules seems you have to update the drivers.

update drives in all huawei entries in device manager of your PC. Right click on every entry (probably it will show 4 entries, one each under usb removable drive, cd rom drive, modem and network adapter).

After that is done, you need to right click on Huawei 3G modem under device manager, click on properties in submenu, go to advanced and Put "AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","bsnlnet"" (make sure you dont include first and last parenthesis) then click on apply, ok, ok and then restart the machine and most probably you will be connected with 3G world.

@supra and @medpal

Will try this and let you know. I hope my modem starts working.

Just tell me one thing guys, assuming everything gets successfully installed from the USB, what all entries should i see under what category in device manager ?

Ok so i guess changing the mobile partner as per supra's suggestion worked. The modem is showing fine in mobile partner. The network shown varies between "WCDMA DOLPHIN BSNL 3G (Roaming)" and "HSDPA DOLPHIN BSNL 3G (Roaming)" and sometimes i get "EDGE DOLPHIN BSNL 3G (Roaming)"

That is probably because the Dolphin 3G connection at my home is super sucky. I have kept WCDMA preferred under tools -> options -> network -> network type

All this seems correct guys ?

Anything more i need to do ??

@ raksrules --- So your 1st problem is resolved....now just create a profile in Options > Prof Mgmt. APN --- bsnlnet, name can be anything ...rest all defaults.

Try connecting and checkout the speeds. If you are getting 2-3 bars of signal but its still switching to EDGE set in Network Type to WCDMA only

Do post your speeds :)

@ ggt ---- Who wants to use those 2.5 GB packs for Rs 98....even if the speed is 8 Mbps with such limit its useless ..I know you are using it for phree :p

Back