BSNL 3G Thread

Supra said:
^^ You seem to be on a 2G GPRS Plan which are now limited to 128 kbps.
No chance to use 3G speeds these days on 2G GPRS plans !
Yesterday,I called to BSNL CC.
I told that I bought 3G SIM and I got balance near 40GB(*123*10#)(strage thing is why balance is near 40GB,it should be 200MB ?) and told them about promotional 3G offer for 7 days.
I argued with them about 3G and tell them about signal and HSDPA and other info.
After few strong words the CC guy indirectly told me they r blocking the speed.
BSNL is real mofo in my area,even I told u guys about this before.....:mad:

Supra said:
Bah u were so stingy to not let it out ! First of its kind of TE :rofl:
Good work bigbyte ! Crap work GgT
thank you for your kind words.
Your inputs are highly appreciated.
Now i would invite you to try those "HACK" and report the success rate. Then you would understand my post. :lol:

bigbyte said:
Got it on internet, don't know whether it actually works as I don't have a Reliance sim and reliance 3g signal is almost nil in my area.

RELIANCE 3G HACK

JUST ACTIVE U R GPRS JUST

DIAL *123*099# AND JUST

SEND RIM 3G TO 54321 FREE

DEMO FOR 3 MONTH USING THIS SETTING IP : 10.239.221.022 ACP. : RCOMNET

OR RCOMWAP
we are here to share and bigbyte u proved u are real p2p man :clap:

Supra said:
Bah u were so stingy to not let it out ! First of its kind of TE :rofl:

Good work bigbyte ! Crap work GgT
ggt said:
Good bigbyte now make a youtube video or an advertisement on sunday times :lol:
ramanujpatro said:
we are here to share and bigbyte u proved u are real p2p man :clap:
Well, before anyone starts bashing me about the trick not working, I'd like to make it clear once again that I've not tested it and can't say that it works or not. I found it on internet claiming it works.

There are many such tricks available all over internet, but not all work for everyone. ggt, initially refused to share the MTNL trick with me that I later found using google. That trick, later revealed by ggt, works for him but never worked for me.

Sharing info is some one's own prerogative but I think that we should always try to give back something to the community from where we have learned so many things.

I'm used to a 100mbps dedicated line in my office where every thing including torrent works, so high 3g speed is not much showoff for me. Anything stable and reliable is of more concern to me. At present MTNL has capped my speed at 384 kbps but it more stable than BSNL 3g (capped @2048) for me.

ggt, initially refused to share the MTNL trick with me that I later found using google. That trick, later revealed by ggt, works for him but never worked for me.

Sharing info is some one's own prerogative but I think that we should always try to give back something to the community from where we have learned so many things.

+1 to that..... We all here for sharing knowledge and info and some good fun/timepass.

Just a small help from my fellow members.
Is UMG 1831 the best buy at the moment @ sub 3k budget or is there anything I can look at.
Looking to place an order for it in a day or two.

Supra said:
+1 to that..... We all here for sharing knowledge and info and some good fun/timepass.
i was told there were certain set of rules to be maintained at TE. And i am adhering to that.
The design of the forum was to refrain from things i have not discussed.
If TE starts to put links to latest blue ray rips, software cracks then i will think about the talk you people do :p

^^ Thanks Ravi...but I am aware of that link

What I wanted to know is say I want to migrate from one of my secondary prepaid Aircel Sim to BSNL via MNP.

I will take a normal free sim but on say 3G plan with FRC 58.

So I will get Rs 25 (FRC 58 Talktime) + Rs 100 bonus talktime. Also 5GB data for 30 days + UL 7 days (if at all that remains valid in Feb)

All I need to pay is may be for the FRC Rs 58/ only as porting is waived . Or even the FRC is free and I need not pay anything ?

Then good to convert all the prepaid sims I got to BSNL :p

^^ Yeah if you port ur Aircel SIM (prepaid/postpaid) to BSNL prepaid you will only be paying for the FRC. In which you will be waived off the porting fees. Also you will receive the talktime that comes with the FRC(both voice and data) + Rs100 talktime + the data usage(not 3G as this is activated as normal 2G connection)
But mind that you get a 32K sim and incase you wish to buy a 128 / 256kb sim then U need to pay addition for the SIM which AFAIK is Rs59 here in Pune.
I am not sure that if you upgrade to a 128/256K sim at that very moment then your SIM is alreadfy 3G activated by default or you will have to activate it by sending a SMS (both ways it does not make any diff).

P.S.: 3G speeds are horribly horrible and terrible in Pune... thinking of hanging my 3G Modem to death now :(

BSNL 3g is behaving strangely. Speedtest is always returning the good results. Infact goint upto my max. capped speeds. But browsing and downloading is a big pain.

Guess that international gateway is a problem. Sites with Indian servers are running fine.

A Clerk at BSNL's CTO office in Mumbai told me that 4200 recharge scheme has been extended till 4th feb. But can't believe them.

^^ If intnl gateways were problem they wud be so for BSNL BB also which is working fine for me... Its only the 3G which behaves strange... randomly it wakes from its sleep and gives speeds of 2-2.5mb and suddenly drops back 512kb after few minutes...
I think we shd file an RTI to find out what is the content ratio on 3G(if any applicable) or atleast the bandwidth on each tower and max connections to a tower :)
MTNL has started the FUP thing on their big plans which is very very generous but at same time MTNL talks of waiving off the over usage charges also .....

Supra said:
So I will get Rs 25 (FRC 58 Talktime) + Rs 100 bonus talktime. Also 5GB data for 30 days + UL 7 days (if at all that remains valid in Feb)
Will I be able to use this 5GB data at 3G speeds or will my speed be limited as its a 2G Data plan?

Will I be able to use this 5GB data at 3G speeds or will my speed be limited as its a 2G Data plan?

See here is how it goes. The free sim is 2G but you are free to select a 3G plan via 3G FRC of say Rs 58 ! And yes the 5GB is valid for 3G also but only with 30 days validity :)...folks at IBF in the MNP thread have posted about this :)

So total spending is Rs 58 for FRC. Talktime will be Rs 25 (FRC 58 talktime) + Rs 100 free TT for porting to BSNL + 5GB data . Killer offer :D

Back