BSNL 3G Thread

logistopath said:
^^ Do you really receive an SMS with usage details..? :O 'Coz in the past 10 days that I have been using this 3G, I have never received my usage stats even once. I solely rely on my own calculations with Bandwidth Monitor for keeping track of my usage. (I still haven't activated the unlimited plan. Recharged twice with 352 only so far).
try checking with *123*6#

my circle is maharashtra circle , and its site has no infor regarding the 4200 plan. they are still offering 7 month datacard free offer at 9+K

smnrock said:
hm..Even wireline broadband we were not getting for that price :p for BB unlimited 512Kbps speed im paying 750+taxes :(. So comparing this and earlier plans like 2500/month, 700/month is so much better. Also like supra mentioned first 1 week unlimited is really....:p

Yea,but Wire line is way better.
Wire line got better ping ans more stable with high upload rate.
You can play any online game on wire line.

And my mobile GPRS is not good for torrent client.
Got "no incoming connection" error and the symbol never become green.
I'm using uTorrent.
Tried with Aircel,Airtel and Reliance too.

BTW,"first 1 week unlimited" ?
Please some explain this.....

@varkey, can you tell me the coverage area of bsnl 3g in chennai ? Do you think I can get 3g signal even in tambaram ?

^ Ya Tambaram should definitely have 3G converage. My friend is using it near Sanatorium and he has full range in his house.

I am staying even beyond Tambaram. :)

Just an update, went to a BSNL CSC in Bangalore yesterday and the Rs. 4200/- for 6 months Unlimited plan is available NOW! It is applicable to both prepaid and postpaid and what's more, they have reduced the cost of data card to Rs. 2000/- :)

Now for a question to all the BSNL 3G data card owners, can you please tell me if it is possible to connect to office VPN? I need to purchase this in the next 2 days so would request a reply asap.

Thanks guys!

Update: BSNL CSC visited - Old Madras Road, 200-odd meters to the right of Tin Factory

I need to purchase this in the next 2 days so would request a reply asap.

Just get a new 3G sim for Rs 59 + Rs 120 FRC First Recharge....will give you 7 days UL download....try out ur office VPN in 1st 7 days...if all is well do that Rs 4200 Recharge :)

Also which CSC did u go to...plz post in the thread on ur updates :)

Thanks for the reply Supra! I guess its a nice idea but the only glitch for me is that I don't have a data card to try that! :(

A preliminary google search says that since BSNL 3G does not support dynamic IP, it is not possible to access office VPN; however I am not sure how reliable this information is! If anyone at TE has tried it and it is working for you, please let me know.

Supra said:
Just get a new 3G sim for Rs 59 + Rs 120 FRC First Recharge....

Good info.....:)
BTW,what is the validity of the SIM ?
Lifetime ?
And is this offer applicable for every new SIM u buy ?
Then it will be unlimited 3G @179/- for a week.
Then it would be good for poor ppl like me.....:D
But I have to buy a 3G USB modem first.....:(

Supra said:
Just get a new 3G sim for Rs 59 + Rs 120 FRC First Recharge....will give you 7 days UL download....try out ur office VPN in 1st 7 days...if all is well do that Rs 4200 Recharge :)

Also which CSC did u go to...plz post in the thread on ur updates :)
are u sure abt 120FRC? Since Bsnl KA site says every new 3g connection and we've 58/56 frc too :p
Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

^ there is a upper limit to number of mobile connections you can own. And besides 179 X 4 = 716 so it comes to around 700 for a month.

For validity and other details check out :: BSNL 3G :: Prepaid

@smnrock ... there are 6 FRC's (http://www.bsnl.in/service/3G/3G_files/prepaid.htm) which offered presently. Some of them are lifetime whereas others are normal 6 month validity plans. All one needs to do is buy the sim. Then it depends on which FRC he chooses which will determine his base plan.All of them come with 200MB free usage. In addition to that there is this new promotional thing wherein you get free unlimited data for a week on all new 3g connections.Once the week is over you will still have the free 200MB which came with your voice plan.

In TN site It's very clearly mentioned that 1 week offer is for 120 frc, but in KA site they didn't mention abt that and also its says "every new 3g connection" :)

Saw Rs.120 FRC Plan Validity for 180 days.

But,could not find the upper limit to number of mobile connections you can own.....

BTW,there is no monthly unlimited data option @700/- but u have to pay 4200/- total at one time for 6 months.

See this link.

U will got confused.

Validity for General 120 is 30 days only.....:S

Go down below and read "Allowing of 2G tariff plans under 3G prepaid services"

Its mentioned "The plan validity in case of 3G GL, GL-"all @ 0.49",GL-"1p/sec" is 180 days and in case of 3G SA, SA-"all @ O.49", SA-"1p/sec" it is lifetime."

The top things are old ..check the dates

Damn deciphering BSNL websites is no child's play. :p

smnrock said:
Yes, you can't use VPN with BSNL 3G :(, due to shared ip thing.

Honestly that's bull I use VPN all the time and it's seamless

R3D-D3V1L said:
Thanks for the reply Supra! I guess its a nice idea but the only glitch for me is that I don't have a data card to try that! :(

A preliminary google search says that since BSNL 3G does not support dynamic IP, it is not possible to access office VPN; however I am not sure how reliable this information is! If anyone at TE has tried it and it is working for you, please let me know.
IT DOES WORK since you wanted to know ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back