BSNL 3G Thread

babhishek said:
Honestly that's bull I use VPN all the time and it's seamless
IT DOES WORK since you wanted to know ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you sure? Are you using in built windows VPN connection or 3rd party app? I use win 7 built-in and never worked. Even now I tried before posting this reply, but same is working when I use Bsnl BB :(
Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

varkey said:
^ Ya Tambaram should definitely have 3G converage. My friend is using it near Sanatorium and he has full range in his house.

I am staying even beyond Tambaram. :)
Great ! I'll take a bsnl sim then. Thanks for providing the info. :)

babhishek said:
Honestly that's bull I use VPN all the time and it's seamless

IT DOES WORK since you wanted to know ....

Thanks for that information buddy!

However, due to the conflicting nature of response that we've received, I guess the only way I can be sure of it is by trying it myself with my office VPN. Is there any TE member in Bangalore/Delhi that can help me check this? :ashamed:

Does the BSNL 3G network exists beyond Dahisar ? I'm thinking of getting this since it can offer 3.7-7.2 mbps download speed

dinjo said:
Does the BSNL 3G network exists beyond Dahisar ? I'm thinking of getting this since it can offer 3.7-7.2 mbps download speed
You can get BSNL network after Bhayandar and on this side you can connect using MTNL dolphin 3G.

^ Depends on traffic conditions, location, signal etc. But in the last 20 days that I've been using BSNL3G, I've got speeds above 2 mbps all the time. At nights it averages around 3-3.5mbps. :) :)

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. on Thursday announced a unique offer where its landline customers can now take a free SIM card and make unlimited free local calls to their landline numbers, besides being able to make calls at reduced call rates.

“We have taken this initiative to boost the BSNL's mobile business and also arrest steep decline in the landline business. This is consistent with the role of BSNL as the truly national telecom provider with the core philosophy of connecting all parts of the nation,” Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Sachin Pilot said after introducing the scheme.

In the promotional ‘Pyari Jodi' offer, customers can also call two local BSNL numbers at a reduced rate of 20 paise a minute and one BSNL number anywhere in India at a reduced rate of 30 paise a minute, without paying any additional monthly charges. On activation, customers will also get Rs.15 talk value, 1,000 local and national SMS each, and 1GB data free.

Mr. Pilot also launched special festive offers for 3G customers wherein all new activation will get one week unlimited data download free in addition to normal freebies. In this festive offer, the price of 3G data card had been slashed to Rs.2,000 from Rs.2,500 and 3G data vouchers are also offered at a discount. “This attractive scheme will help more and more people to avail 3G services,” Mr. Pilot added.

The Hindu : Business / Companies : BSNL offers free SIM for landline customers

my circle is maharashtra, ( i donno why ? there is a chattisgarh circle but they say the zone is maharashtra)

there is no info on the maharashtra circle site about the 4200 recharge. i am waiting for it. otherwise i would have gone for 1500 one.

anyone from maharashtra here.?

the BSNL office has no clues about the 4200 offer, i was forced to do 1500 recharge to day, seriously no one here from maharashtra came to my rescue. i could have saved a lot :(

^^ Too bad.....did you carry a print out of the offer and show it to them. Its always a problem if you are 1st guy to avail the offer. You have to call up the senior commercial officers and talk to them and then avail the offer. Sometime it takes quite sometime for the offers to be implemented in some circles.

Btw still no-one got a new 3G sim to test out the 7 days unlimited thingy ?

I checked the Chennai circle website and they have the 4200 plan mentioned in their site. Can I just go to a local mobile recharge shop and do the recharge? It will work right?

Back