BSNL 3G Thread

^^ You dont have a PAN card. Problem is you dont have a local address proof. You should get your bank address updated via ICICI netbanking :p...it takes just a minute and everything online. Request a bank statement after that and you have your local address proof.

I always give my DL/BSNL landline bill xerox (address & DOB proof) + PAN card xerox (identitiy proof). Even for private operator sims its very stringent now. Vodafone asked me to resubmit my documents for my 5 yrs old Postpaid within 7 days or face barred outgoing ! That time I didn't submit a proper address proof :p

^Have my address updated Supra and I have a PAN card but I am getting the connection on behalf of a friend since he resides here in Surat. It should be easier that way. But unfortunately, he does not have a BSNL landline conn. He has everything else though. Election ID card, DL card, a gas conn, a GSEB elec. conn. etc.

And yeah Airtel did ask me to submit my ID proofs a month back and kept bugging me like hell! They had another application to be filled up, if the person does not have a residential proof here. All went fine. :p

Supra said:
^^Problem is you dont have a local address proof.

I bought my sim in Vellore, TN where I don't have a address proof. I gave them my DL xerox which had Neyveli, TN address. As long as the address is within the state they were ok.

So in enquired today morning at the Aundh telephone exchange and they dont have 3G SIM cards. Also i told them i will give my driving license as id proof and electricity bill as local address proof (which has name of the owner and not mine). They declined that and said i had to submit a rent agreement copy. But at the end of day no 3G SIM available :(
They said it MAY be available next week. That too she is not confident about. :S
Seems there is super demand of BSNL 3G SIM Cards.

raksrules said:
They said it MAY be available next week. That too she is not confident about. :S

Seems there is super demand of BSNL 3G SIM Cards.
we hungry downloaders has posted all over web on various forums this 4200 /- Unlimited & speed of 3 & 5 mbps like some big everest that demand is really super .

but here is some catch , when I inquired in my city all exchange having no stock but BSNL's Business sales associate ( some kind re-seller ) having all stock .only 1 exchange having 3.6 mbps but this guy having both 3. / 7.2 in stock & that too of BSNL's own ;)

^^There is a huge poster outside the BSNL Office here in Aundh, Pune advertising the 4200 rs unlimited six months internet. So BSNL themselves are outdoing themselves in advertising 3G like anything. Here they have even revamped the section in office where they are selling the 3G SIMs and data cards, big posters explaining each and everything and all.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Antidote said:
my speed is locked at 3.6 Mbps (450 kB/s)..is that the max one can get? (in tamilnadu)

im using 3G sim + Nokia C5.
Not really. It is just that BSNL Tower in your area is not yet HSPA (or whatever it is which states speeds can touch 7.2 or even 21 Mbps) enabled.

Antidote said:
my speed is locked at 3.6 Mbps (450 kB/s)..is that the max one can get? (in tamilnadu)

im using 3G sim + Nokia C5.
I'm in Pondicherry, using UMG181 and getting 2.10-2.75 Mbps. The downloads are around 125-175 KB/s. Don't know about the other parts of TN. :)

hayabusa_ryu said:
that's ur external IP,we all have that.Ur internal ip should be like this, 10.x.x.x
Yes, you are right. It is pretty cumbersome going to each tracker's irc and asking them. Can people here tell which trackers they are using on 3G safely?

I am getting 3.5G signal and a download speed of 280-300KBps in Nokia 5800XM.

Now i want to buy a data card which supports 7.2mbps speed.

How to know if the nearest BSNL tower is HSDPA enabled or not??

varkey said:
^ Haven't found a way to check the validity till now. But once your data session is over, you will get an SMS, if there is no current usage charge or balance data usage mentioned in the message, then your UL plan is active! :p
In my case *123# shows

Your main balance is 25.00 and validity upto 17/05/2011.
I get no SMS after data session is over.

WTF data plan I am on? I had bought the SIM for Rs 59 and done a Rs 58 recharge.
Learned friends, please enlighten.

^ you are on NO DATA PLAN.

If you had bought the sim in the month of november then you would have gotten 1 week unlimited data usage from the date of activation of your sim.After the week is over you will have 200MB of free data usage.Once that 200MB of data runs out, your balance will keep on reducing as you do any data usage.

To know what your 58 rupees recharge gives you read the following..

http://www.bsnl.in/service/3G/3G_files/prepaid.htm

To activate data plans read the following ..

http://www.bsnl.in/service/3G/3G_files/3g.htm

from BSNL aunty with love

30m8rko.jpg

:D

time to empty box :clap:

BSNL portal is not showing the option of Rs 4200 recharge for my number (2G to 3G converted), in my case is it possible to do the recharge from any shop ?

jampack said:
Yes, you are right. It is pretty cumbersome going to each tracker's irc and asking them. Can people here tell which trackers they are using on 3G safely?
But it will save your account incase the system automatically disables you.Its good to have notified the mod(s) from the get go.

I have started getting captcha verfication at youtube coz of the shared ip.God knows whats more to come.

Guys, I tried searching every other outlet here but in vain. None of them seem to stock the BSNL 3G USIM shown here. They keep telling me that the 3G works without issues on the usual 2G SIM after activating it with an additional recharge which enables the 3G network on it.

Should I be taking this card? Has any user here opted for the 2G SIM and activated 3G on it?

This is insane. Why is the USIM not available anywhere? :'(

Back