BSNL 3G Thread

martian

Recruit
Dec 6, 2010
I bought a UMG 1831 modem at Rs 3750 from a cochin based seller a fortnight ago.Now I am quite surpirsed to see that it is available only for Rs 2800 .:(:( .

johndoe104102

Disciple
Aug 7, 2010
earlier i used to get 490-500kBps download speeds but from the last 2 days i am getting download speeds of around 2mbps(230-270kBps) :(

i'm getting full signal but the download speeds r not crossing 2mbps :huh:

Is any1 facing the same problem?

Plz advice what might be the issue..

Parv

Adept
Jan 16, 2010
Bangalore
I'm using BSNL 3G in my SGS and I'm getting consistence speed of 2Mbps, though not got more than 2, not even once, I'm getting H symbol instead of 3G :S

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Mar 13, 2009
Pune
My connection did not disconnect for the last 6 hours but the speed has not jumped above 250kbps. Thats less than my BB plan of 512kpbs. :(
Also My location (as per IP addr) is still being showed as Ahmedabad and not as Pune.....

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Mar 13, 2009
Pune
I am still not getting consistent speeds and the streaming is also very poor. :(
Thankfully my BSNL BB has started again...
@ mukulymn : which area of Pune are you in??

apollyon

ex-Mod
Feb 27, 2005
getting very stable speeds since day one. not so good for http though, torrents is constant at 2.5mbps with very few disconnections. speeds were very good in goa almost 3.5mbps steady

mukulymn

Adept
Dec 8, 2009
onlyravi said:
I am still not getting consistent speeds and the streaming is also very poor. :(

Thankfully my BSNL BB has started again...

@ mukulymn : which area of Pune are you in??
I m @ pimpri-chinchwad link road, near lokmanya hospital

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Mar 13, 2009
Pune
Visited the Yerwada CSC and they said that they did not have any idea why I was getting an IP address of Ahmedabad but promised to look into it and resolve it soon. Not very hopeful from those guys... but did my part...
@ mukulymn and other users in Pune specially Viman Nagar area... can you please confirm the location it shows in speedtest.net?
Thanks in advance.

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Mar 13, 2009
Pune
Actually this never happens with my BSNL BB. Happened once with my Tikona WiBro but they rectified the issue and it came up as the SBN to which I was connecting was recently brought from Delhi and deployed directly without modifying the settings.
I never observed this issue before with my BSNL 3g... I use to have a look at the speed test result which showed the distance to mumbai as ~50miles. so I am bit skeptical on this one....

And U know what..... When I get the Ahmedabad IP I cannot use mail.yahoo.com and yahoo messenger... whereas with the Pune IP I can use these services. Now this does bother me as I need Yahoo messenger badly during trading hours to discuss with my friends :(

Can only hope this resolves soon as it has worked out for others.

vercetti

Skilled
Nov 30, 2005
Guys...I am getting speeds of 400 - 700 KBPS
the only issue is frequesnt disconnection. I line gets disconnected almost every 2-3 minutes. Any ideas how I can handle this?

PS: I have set the windows dialer to automatic dialing but once the line is disconnected I loose all the peers that I am connected to:( so need to have a stable connecteion