BSNL 3G Thread

iaudio said:
martian, what speeds are you getting with bsnl 3g in cochin?
I'm from Cochin too and I get 400 KB/s avg these days. Never seem to go above 3.6 Mbps, not sure if it's a limitation of the Chennai SIM. Too lazy to get a Kerala SIM and check. :p

varkey said:
I'm from Cochin too and I get 400 KB/s avg these days. Never seem to go above 3.6 Mbps, not sure if it's a limitation of the Chennai SIM. Too lazy to get a Kerala SIM and check. :p
Varkey, thanks man! :)
I am planning to get a bsnl 3g sim to use in my SGS. I dont have a dedicated 3g modem as such.
If its good and the 6 months for 4200 plan is available, I might ditch my EVDO finally!

^^ Is voice also working now ?

You just upgraded the UMG 1831 with the dc-files lates K4505 firmware ?

Any need of dashboard and Mobile partner upgrade to get the voice call facility ?

i recharged my old bsnl3g with 4200, m in b'lore and getting average 540 KB/sec with E122:) Already ditched my Tata wimax.. hope the speed remains stable for 6 months

^^ And what about voice call??? If it works properly then its great! Those who bought k4505 will get really pissed off coz it costs way more than umg1831 :)

Supra said:
^^ Is voice also working now ?

You just upgraded the UMG 1831 with the dc-files lates K4505 firmware ?

Any need of dashboard and Mobile partner upgrade to get the voice call facility ?
Voice i didnt test it so far, but broadbandforum.in people says its working. I didnt have enough time to test, will test it in evening after going home and let you know.

Yes i latest k4505 firmware from dc-files http://www.dc-files.com/files/huawei/modems/K4505/firmware_update/K4505Update_11.870.02.10.11.zip

Yes, Supra i was using mobile partner version 16. Also i have downgraded back to the older firmware as the new firmware has issues. The modem worked fine for 1 hour or so. After that suddenly connection would drop and it would reset. This happened 3 times in last 4 hours and when i checked the modem it was getting really hot. So i am happy with the older firmware rather than having a heated modem that is resetting every hour or so.

Just my personal opinion. If it is working fine for others then its good news.

Also a note when you are downgrading and reverting back to the tmobile firmware it will again ask for password to continue, the password is nothing but the flash code which the unlocker gives.Its the same code which we put to upgrade to 4505 firmware.

Have you guys opted for 3G services on your existing bsnl sim or gone for a fresh 3G sim?
It seems one has to go to the main BSNL office to get one:mad:

Back