BSNL 3G Thread

@Sandy For west Zone. it is *112# they have changed it recently.

Rest is *123#

bdw I got mine UMG1831. And speed is capped at 2 Mbps on all tower. I have checked throughout the city.. MDMA Shows Negotiation Speed at 2048.

Posting the SpeedResult.

Vasna.jpg

No problems here....but keeping my fingers crossed:ashamed:
I will be out of stuffs to download in a few days now:)

Guess Bandwidth in my area will take sometime to get overloaded
Supra said:
Load in Bangalore due to techenclave & broadbandforum.in/*rodov rippers u know ! And ya everyone needs internet in Bangalore :p...even the hot chicks :rofl:

Got the 3g data sim card from GOA (Paid Rs. 59 for sim and Rs. 51 recharge). The lady said by paying rs.51 i'll get 7 days free internet. I told her about Rs.120 FRC but she said it has been reduced to Rs.51. I am in Mumbai rite now and i am not able to make any calls (even to bsnl cust. care) or receive any. How to check if the card has been activated ?

i have 1 query, i got a bsnl 3g sim & 5800xm, now download speed i get is 4.4mbps, bsnl 3g has a prepaid UL plan of Rs.1499 per month, is there any FUP or speed reduction? does bsnl 3g have better speed in torrents?

should i get this plan?

First 5800XM supports 3.6 mbps only...so no way u could have gt 4.4 Mbps on the same...may be it was those incorrect burst in download managers.

2nd there is no FUP ....you can better go for Unlimited 2 mnths for 2k, 3 mnths for 2.5k or 6 mnths for 4.2k

Go for it 100% :)

thanks @supra 2k option is much better,

btw i got speed results in speedtest.net, 4.44mbps, 185ms is the speedtest.net result inaccurate? :s

Do we have to change the access point settings for using BSNL 3G sim in Mumbai ? I am getting full network signal of Dolphin here. But not able to browse through mobile.

@Sandy. You can use USSD command in MDMA Software. Dont know in mobile partner. Which Software are you using ?
bdw Ahmedabad Peeps know anything about Speed Limitation on Tower ?:S

Excuse me, I’m foreigner, Thai. I am looking forward so long time to submit for BSNL 3G services but as I'm foreigner so I don’t know how to do or what shall I do? I really need to use this service for my Skype on my handset, NOKIA X6 16GB. And I have some questions below; (if you don’t mind could you please reply me?)

- What is the requirable document for submitting this service?
- What is the step do I have to follow, what are 1, 2, 3, … steps for submitting BSNL 3G service?
- As I am going to use with my NOKIA X6 16GB, how much speed would I get on my mobile and how much speed if I connect it to my laptop?
- I went one time last month to BSNL Exchange in Modle Colony, Pune and the officer said to me I have to wait for 2 months (as some reason, I could not
understand at all) so is this true for waiting?
- I am staying in Fergusson College Hostel, F.C. Road but I don’t know where the 3G BSNL tower is, am I far away from it? If so, what’s speed would I get?
- Is this speed enough to be used to call through Skype?

I am staying in Fergusson College Hostel, F.C. Road, Pune

I am so sorry for disturbing all you guys and I will be very thanks million to you if you kindly reply me such a time
P.S. I’m so sorry for my English skill, it’s too weak.

Thanks very much :)

cisco_tech said:
@Sandy. You can use USSD command in MDMA Software. Dont know in mobile partner. Which Software are you using ?
bdw Ahmedabad Peeps know anything about Speed Limitation on Tower ?:S
donot know about ahmedabad but here in vadodara speed. capped at 3.5 mbps & i have 7.2 mbps bsnl own card, cheked whole city with others but speed never go beyond that, i hope for same for you.
but honestly we should happy with that speed as its far better than 512 kbps & that too without any data caps

3.5 mbps will only achieved sometime with multiple http or ftp (i do have seedbox) . upload works like sometime tower goes nuts upload gives around 2 mbps on torrents

[quote name='cisco_tech']@Sandy For west Zone. it is *112# they have changed it recently.
Rest is *123#
bdw I got mine UMG1831. And speed is capped at 2 Mbps on all tower. I have checked throughout the city.. MDMA Shows Negotiation Speed at 2048.

MDMA check ( just downloaded and executed)
my negotiated QOS is downlink : 8640 / uplink : 8192
i am on a 3.6mbps huawei modem

what does this mean any suggestions?

Just got BSNL 3g sim from Whitefeild CSC, the lady who had the sim was a moron. WHen I asked her 2 sims she refused to give me. It seems she can give only one sim per person at a time & if I come again tom, she would give another sim. She had only 2 sims left. I wanted to recharge for 120 & she informed its not available, only 51 was avaiable.

I want to use the sim for week & see if the speeds are Ok, now can anyone tell me what amount I should recharge to get unlimited usage for a week? If speeds are ok I want to go ahead with 4200 plan. Also can we recharge 3g sims any normal recharge shops?

^^ Not sure if that Rs 51 recharge will give 7 days UL testing period. Do a Rs 58 first recharge....just get the 3G sim from the CSC, once its activated (verify by calling from another mobile, ie incoming to new 3G sim is active) go a BSNL recharge shop and tell him to do a easy recharge (not TOPUP) of Rs 58. Thats it for the FRC and 7 days offer. After 7 days go to recharge shop and tell to do a easy recharge of Rs 4200 to enjoy 6 mnths UL 3G internet. Also remember dont do a top up...it will come as a prepaid balance then :p

Whitefield CSC has a bunch of morons, they have kept the landline phones to lowest possible ringtone value and noone bothers to pick up the calls,They werent ready to do rs 58 FRC but i made them to check bsnl india and bsnl karnataka website and told them to call BTM CSC where supra had already educated another bunch of morons and in this way i was able to do a recharge in 1 hr which was just a 2min job.

Back