BSNL EVDO - have some queries about speed and charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that same tools can be used to fix ESN of 598. If not BSNL officials will register the new ESN. But first, guys like kuduku, Cisco, dushie etc are available to sort it out, If unable to do so BSNL is there :p

@ dushie, Can u plz tell me what steps & tools u took in unlocking 595U and registering it with BSNL EVDO network. I think same tools & steps can be used with 598 because it is an unlocked device.

hayabusa_ryu
: Please read the below posts for 595u that would help. Also read the posts in the pages before and after this post. you would need to find a flasher for 598U as the 595u won't work. Pre work would be to capture all the sim settings which are required for configuring the 598U.

Steps to do : -
http://www.techenclave.com/wireless-internet/evdo-users-need-some-info-112713/p11/#post1657316

Read this for DFS
http://www.techenclave.com/wireless-internet/evdo-users-need-some-info-112713/p11/#post1656463

Please read the below post : -
http://www.techenclave.com/wireless-internet/evdo-users-need-some-info-112713/p10/#post1654021
Also read the posts on pages before and after this post.
You would need to get the below details

http://www.techenclave.com/wireless-internet/evdo-users-need-some-info-112713/p9/#post1653287

I beleive the above covers all, for anything else ask the Guru's kuduku & cisco_tech . Also would recommend to talk to the sources who you spoke to outside the forum for flashing the 598U. As they should be able to guide you on that and provide a software or password if available for the same.

In case after trying everything if you are unable to flash the 598U, last option would be to place a request with bsnl evdo office to register the esn of your modem on your evdo no.

@hayabusa_ryu As @Dushie as told everything just follow it . All BSNL cdma esn based devices including mobile , datacard are programmed same way . You will need to have your SID , NID and other stuff including prl or get them from a RUIM . Its quite easy technically

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, Am from chennai planning on getting BSNL EVDO 750 plan..but i dont know how to go about it any help here would be appreciated, Just checked it online and my place is within the tower range more over i dont expect super speed just 1MBps connection with 100-150kBps download speed will do more than good for me :D

Its simple visit nearest Bsnl center and ask for demo. For Outright purchase there is a 1199 offer in which you get data card along with postpaid connection. For prepaid sim you can also pay Rs 350 and get a new sim with rs 399 balance.

That's right with the prepaid sim you can either buy the modem from bsnl and just put the sim in it and use. Otherwise you can buy cdma data card like Micromax and use the sim with the same.If you plan to buy any other modem like 598u then you would need to configure the same.

I talked to EVDO officials today about my device. They suggested me to write a letter to SDE for an ESN change mentioning the ESN nos. of both old and new devices. They also told me that it wont cost anything for changing ESN from old to new device and it will take one day to do the process although it's only a work of 30 mins. I asked about upload capped speed but they told me that there is no such thing as capping here and it solely depends upon the no. of users and distance from the tower. Let's see how true are they although I find them very nice as compared to other BSNL officials.

Just waiting for the device(I may get it before 5th Oct). Is it still beneficial to do all the stuffs as suggested by Dushie?

I find BSNL device pretty useless as compared to Huawei etc unless you are in a VERY good signal area or with less no. of users(I'm talking about 2mbs+ speed here). You need to use Antenna to compensate for the device but the latest offerings from BSNL etc don't have any external antenna port that's why I went for 598U. I took out antenna of old ZTE device and put my custom made omni antenna for the better result otherwise I don't get good speeds using the ZTE device with default antenna.

- - - Updated - - -

Do MTS ZTE 2766, MTS ZTE 2746 or any EVDO device available in India have external antenna connectors? Plz confirm it.

As per my post : http://www.techenclave.com/wireless-internet/evdo-users-need-some-info-112713/p24/#post1721505
What i have mentioned in the end is that (In case after trying everything if you are unable to flash the 598U, last option would be to place a request with bsnl evdo office to register the esn of your modem on your evdo no)If you are planning to get the esn of the 598u registered then you would not require to do all the steps.

I talked to EVDO officials today about my device. They suggested me to write a letter to SDE for an ESN change mentioning the ESN nos. of both old and new devices. They also told me that it wont cost anything for changing ESN from old to new device and it will take one day to do the process although it's only a work of 30 mins. I asked about upload capped speed but they told me that there is no such thing as capping here and it solely depends upon the no. of users and distance from the tower. Let's see how true are they although I find them very nice as compared to other BSNL officials.

Just waiting for the device(I may get it before 5th Oct). Is it still beneficial to do all the stuffs as suggested by Dushie?

I find BSNL device pretty useless as compared to Huawei etc unless you are in a VERY good signal area or with less no. of users(I'm talking about 2mbs+ speed here). You need to use Antenna to compensate for the device but the latest offerings from BSNL etc don't have any external antenna port that's why I went for 598U. I took out antenna of old ZTE device and put my custom made omni antenna for the better result otherwise I don't get good speeds using the ZTE device with default antenna.

- - - Updated - - -

Do MTS ZTE 2766, MTS ZTE 2746 or any EVDO device available in India have external antenna connectors? Plz confirm it.

I think kuduku can do all the process via Teamviewer if I needed to do any flashing etc
I can but theres a limit to things i can change on 598 . I cannot put all the details of RUIM on 595 as everything cannot be changed on 598 . The only option you have is taking a new connection with your esn or changing existing connection esn . Before that you should have taken out all details from RUIM or existing connection

Guys i have got the SIM and the modem from BSNL,now how do recharge or top up my card plus how to check whether its got activated!!!

chennai .. , South Zone has a dedicated portal for the same @varkey has linked it many times in this thread . Just go back 2/3 pages

Guys i have got the SIM and the modem from BSNL,now how do recharge or top up my card plus how to check whether its got activated!!!

You can go to Paytm and recharge. As mentioned by kuduku , Varkey has already posted the link for south zone users where you can check and change your plans

@kuduku and @Dushie thanks for help, i managed to make it work it seems in my stupid CAPITEL modem i need to open that and have to insert the SIM damn took a while to figure that out there was no guide infact!! now the thing is my signal bar shows full even then am getting only 60kBps download speed, is there way to maximize a bit since i got a good signal a constant 100-120kBps will make me happy..:!

The speed will vary based on users in your area, signal strength and modem capabilities. check the dbm value to see, what's the actual signal strength you are getting. Also the speed will vary depending the hour of day. Usually at nights the speeds are better.

And use IDM to maximize the use of the bandwidth available to you. Increase connection nos. in IDM to at least 8 or 16 depending upon the signal quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back