Android Call recording mess on Android | What to do going forward?

If I'm not wrong we can lock bootloader with custom ROM on most phones. But I kinda feel uncomfortable with locked bootloaders when using custom roms.
Don't try that. You will brick your phone. Only Google keep reference implementation which allows you to relock your bootloader with custom keys. Previously oneplus used to allow relocking the bootloader but that is no longer possible with the merge of their codebase with Oppo's ColorOS. I am not sure about Nothing Phone. May be they allow relocking the bootloader with custom keys.

In today's times of gpay and banking apps on phones, in my humble opinion it's best to not root and unlock then spoof apps with magisk... ( been a member of xda since 2004 ) I feel the need to root is not needed anymore. Been there and done that for many years. Not worth the effort.
I wanted a phone with call recording. I bought a samsung. (Or any phone without google dialler) .
To talk about custom roms, they are never perfect for daily usage, maybe camera not perfect maybe battery life not perfect, maybe call quality not perfect. With manufacturers not releasing proprietary camera or device specific blobs its never perfect.
To state my case, my nokia 6.1 has an official lineage os 20 available. But since lineage os 18 the cameras do not work properly. The flash does not work at all. What is the point of having the latest custom rom and os if I cannot use the phone for its original intended purpose.
Just my two cents. What ever floats your boats guy's. Thanks for reading.

In today's times of gpay and banking apps on phones, in my humble opinion it's best to not root and unlock then spoof apps with magisk... ( been a member of xda since 2004 ) I feel the need to root is not needed anymore. Been there and done that for many years. Not worth the effort.
I wanted a phone with call recording. I bought a samsung. (Or any phone without google dialler) .
To talk about custom roms, they are never perfect for daily usage, maybe camera not perfect maybe battery life not perfect, maybe call quality not perfect. With manufacturers not releasing proprietary camera or device specific blobs its never perfect.
To state my case, my nokia 6.1 has an official lineage os 20 available. But since lineage os 18 the cameras do not work properly. The flash does not work at all. What is the point of having the latest custom rom and os if I cannot use the phone for its original intended purpose.
Agreed, I have personally used custom ROMs a lot for years I have been using Pixel 4 & Sony Z3C. But after that, I switched to Samsung & didn't see any reason (except ads) to go back to rooting + ROMs, just too much hassle.
D

Do all the Samsung phones not have a G Dialler ?
For now, yes

I don't like root either. I haven't rooted the phone in ages. It breaks many things today.

Apart from samsung which mobile phones comes without google dialer ???? Most of them i think have is google dialer only

Correct as mentioned above about google dialler. My redmi note 8 pro came with miui dialler but my mi 11 lite ne 5g came with google dialler. The former running Android 11 on miui 12.5 skin and the latter running Android 12 on miui 13 skin. My 1+ Norde ce 2 lite too comes with google dialler running Android 13 with some crappy oxygen release .. I can't bother to check. Meanwhile all my samsung phones latest being m33 5g comes with samsung dialler and silent auto call record.

I got Tecno Spark 9 last week running HIOS mask of Android 12.
The inbuilt dialer app HAS recording feature - exactly the same as what I had in my Redmi 7s.

Could someone please categorically confirm if Samsung phones use dialer which has call recorder?

Apart from Samsung...None.
From 2021 onwards, all have G dialler only.

Correct as mentioned above about google dialler. My redmi note 8 pro came with miui dialler but my mi 11 lite ne 5g came with google dialler. The former running Android 11 on miui 12.5 skin and the latter running Android 12 on miui 13 skin. My 1+ Norde ce 2 lite too comes with google dialler running Android 13 with some crappy oxygen release .. I can't bother to check. Meanwhile all my samsung phones latest being m33 5g comes with samsung dialler and silent auto call record.
So is there some conditions from google/android that to use there OS all have to use goggle dialer only and not there native dialer .How come all this Chinese manufactures of mobile handset have suddenly stopped there dialer and using google dialer now.There was some in vivo/iq have some settings which if turned off we can use there default dialer do not know about others..

How is Samsung allowing but not Chinese handsets .And is this world wide issue or only chinses handsets available in India are doing this while in other part of world they are using there own dialer .

Note : By chinses i mean oppo,vivo.xiaomi ,one plus and others

So is there some conditions from google/android that to use there OS all have to use goggle dialer only and not there native dialer .How come all this Chinese manufactures of mobile handset have suddenly stopped there dialer and using google dialer now.There was some in vivo/iq have some settings which if turned off we can use there default dialer do not know about others..

How is Samsung allowing but not Chinese handsets .And is this world wide issue or only chinses handsets available in India are doing this while in other part of world they are using there own dialer .

Note : By chinses i mean oppo,vivo.xiaomi ,one plus and others
Read my previous posts from this thread. In short, Google has removed backbone support of call recording from newer Android. And my guess is that Samsung has its own implementation of call recording which doesn't rely on Google.

Plus Google now actively blocks apps from recording the calls.

Read my previous posts from this thread. In short, Google has removed backbone support of call recording from newer Android. And my guess is that Samsung has its own implementation of call recording which doesn't rely on Google.

Plus Google now actively blocks apps from recording the calls.
You mean Samsung and others have access to Android's inner workings that allow it to bypass recording blocks set in place by Google?

I got Tecno Spark 9 last week running HIOS mask of Android 12.
The inbuilt dialer app HAS recording feature - exactly the same as what I had in my Redmi 7s.

Could someone please categorically confirm if Samsung phones use dialer which has call recorder?
Confirmed that Infinix (in addition to Tecno) phones also provide full silent recorder.

Back