Console Gaming Vs Pc Gaming : Round 2 !

They've actually rated Halo3 more than the hype of Ps3. There are other tons of sites i could pull out that would only have a couple of PC games in top 20.

Take last year for example, hardly a couple PC games made it to the final 10 in the two most credible sources - Gamespot.com, Spike TV's offical VGA awards. Rest including GT.TV, IGN, even Gamespy :p Re4 and GoW made to the final 5 in all of them, Re4 won the GOTY in all of them too exept in Gamespy, they gave the spot to Civ4 which isn't even a genre of console, Re4 on 2.

I think those 16 games are being hyped because console don't have much to offer as of now, its dawn before the day like they say. Ps3 and Rev will take time to release. The Main attractions and killers like Re5, MGS4 and even HALO3 (rated no.1 most awaited by your gamespy) have been slated to 2007 and onwards. X360 has just released with no killers. While Ps2 is still holding up with still so many much awaited titles by mid-2006. (see Ps2 sticky) even with heat from X18-19000's.

In 2007's and on's much awaited list, PC games will be heavily overshadowed by the hype being recieved from war between Ps3, X360 and Revolution, just like this gen but much bigger. Count on It!

pc gamers are graphic whores? when half the world is playing CS? i got nothing against consoles but imo some stuff like saying FPS and RTS games are just as good as on PC isn't true and cannot be for a long time. the fact that drives a lot of these games is the multiplayer aspect. i know all the new consoles are coming with the facility to connect to the internet but the whole online gaming thing with consoles isn't half as established as the PC side is. it could be in a short while, but that's another matter. btw, what happens if there are bugs in console games? (asking because i really don't know) we get update patches for PC games but what about the consoles?

a big plus for the consoles is the sheer number of titles and some genres like fighting games which suck on the PC even with proper controllers attached. they just don't feel the same. i can also play console games when i'm lying down on my bed lol. can't do that on a PC with the regular stuff.

funkymonkey said:
Yes we are, and we are not ashamed of it. To be a whore is special quality.
well said Monkey ............. I never knew that :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: omg ur a whore wow ......:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ashr said:
pc gamers are graphic whores? when half the world is playing CS?
Yeah but that Monkey Thinks otherwise dude !! To be a Whore is a special quality : monkey said !:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That half world also includes me.

Isent that the point? I play CS at its full gore 4XAA 16XAF High quality.

Then there is CSS, now tell me that looks ugly.

Consoles sucks for me. I killed my xbox just for fun bcoz i hated it. And gave life to my GF3. :p

Whores do whatever they do without shame, i support PCs same way.

You are console whore too bluffmaster, shamelessly posting offensive pics about arnold's thumb is someone's @$$. What makes you so different? ;)

I agree. It is not correct to say that on consoles, FPSes are good. Qute simply, good and FPS shouldn't be used together. The one thing I can appreciate about consoles (even though I don't have one) is that they do not have so many stupid FPSes.

D3 sux! I liked FC, then as the levels progressed it degenerated more and more into generic FPS type action, so now I am trying to switch to indigo prophecy.

Indigo prophecy is a BrilliaNT game ! I enjoyed it more than Resident evil 4 ! It has again proved that for a game to me amazing it does'nt take awesome graphics or mindblowing sound , all that matters is the gameplay and story !

@KingKrool : BTW u will be real pissed off at the climax of indigo prophecy, what started of as a mindblowing story ends up being very stupid and incomplete !

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I couldn't agree more.I completely hated the ending.To say that I was disappointed would be an understatement.
@ashr: while half the world is playing CS,the other half is playing Halo and awaiting Black ;)

deathdemon89 said:
@ashr: while half the world is playing CS,the other half is playing Halo and awaiting Black ;)
Pretty laughable comparison dd89. You are comparing one of the greatest online multiplayers to halo :p Althought halo isnt a bad fps but its nearly not as good.

For the figures, Xbox Live has 2 million live subscribers. Not all of them would be playing halo online at any given time. imho the number of people playing halo at any given point in time would be around 10-20k.
CS on the other hand, has 85,000 players playing at any given point in time ;)
Sold over 20 million copies afaik and the largest number of online servers i.e. close to 30,000 in 2002 and should have doubled due to the release of cs:cz and css.

You seriously chose the wrong game to brag about ;)

We are not Talking ONLINE Blade ! We are Discussing that which is a better FPS And according to me no matter how great cs online is it can never beat Halo as an fps !Infact i dont think there would be a single xbox owner who haven't played Halo !!

bluffmaster said:
We are not Talking ONLINE Blade ! We are Discussing that which is a better FPS And according to me no matter how great cs online is it can never beat Halo as an fps !Infact i dont think there would be a single xbox owner who haven't played Halo !!

Lol bluffy is talking abt CS and you say this

We are not Talking ONLINE Blade

Back