Console Gaming Vs Pc Gaming : Round 2 !

Deus Ex wasn't multi-platform, it was ported to the PS2 2 years later in 2002 and sucked like anything. You guessed it - Consolitis.

FF11 is one the most popular mmo's? Sorry, it's widely considered one of the worst right now.

Blade_Runner said:
Added a poll to make things easier :eek:hyeah: Start voting people.
Wow Blade That was a Nice One But It was'nt needed ! You very well know that Prolly 99% of TE members are PC Fanboys and standing against PC are Just Three Guys ME , DEMON and PARAM ! We sure are gonna have a very fare poll with dat !:)

@ Bluff,

You dont need to spend 10k every year upgrading parts.

My 3 year old P4 2.8 Ghz and FX5200 can still play all games, even the latest at LOW Settings, and it still looks better than most Console Games.

Plus, as we said PC is for the Gfx Whore. And which PC Gamer isnt a Gfx Whore?

Why would any1 play a Game at Medium/Low settings if his/her Configuration can do High? Similarly, PC gamers will always look down @ Console Gfx.

I only say that Black's Gfx are awesome. But its come for the PS2 after like 4 years the PS2 has been out... correction - 5+ years!.... So all the optimisations and limits of a "Dieing" machine are known.

we will see about the future in future.

Currently console online users are peanuts.

The expense part is not what concerns PC gamer. he is pc gamer bcoz he wants to be pc gamer. its not that he is forced to be pc gamer. He is PC gamer by his choice and that means getting hardware to run the game is no issue for him or he is happy with the amount of details his system is allowing him to operate at.

And things like NDS short range multiplayer gaming are far far away from the online/lan experience of pc gaming :p

deathdemon89 said:
Fine then.What Rio posted:

1.Story

2.Innovation

3.Accessibility.

1.A good story is equally as important as any other factor in gaming.And the fact remains that consoles have always had the upper hand when it comes to story.Mention games like Deus Ex if you will,just keep in mind that it was a multiplatform game.RE4,MGS2 and the rest are later ported to the PC,after being released on consoles.The MGS2 port is crap as compared to the console version,the Psychonauts PC port was comparitively the worst of the three platforms it was released on,and the RE games have a history of comparitively bad PC ports.Lets see how RE4 turns out.Anyway,the PC can only boast of a handful of exclusive games(maybe less) with stories which could compete with the likes of Killer7,MGS series,RE series,FF series etc.

Heh unless you have links or proof to back up that only consoles have good storylines its a "imho"/subjective statement. Deus ex, mafia, farcry was ported to consoles a lot later so its the same as re4, or mgs 2 getting ported to pc. I dont see you calling them multiplatform games.

2.This topic has been covered before(read the full thread please),and PC games don't hold a candle against all the new innovative games that keep coming out for consoles.

I'll summarise what you post:

consoles bring innovation

ad nauseam........

This without giving proper points or justfication of any sort :)

3.Say that its for n00bs.Say what you will,but the fact remains that consoles are plug-and-play,and completely accessible to everybody.Consoles have a complete advantage when it comes to ease of use.

You can also add lazy there :D. Also don't try to multiply the problems encountered with playing PC games. In my experience i havent had any problems with any legit games uptil now. Only *retards* or complete *fools* run into such problems. Otherwise its as good as insert disk, install and click icon to play. :). Ofcourse consoles are plug and play but with patches and upgrades coming home to consoles soon the picture wont be so rosy ;)

About multiplayer: The XBox was the first console to actually take multiplayer seriously.It was also the last console to come out this generation.Multiplayer gaming is still a fledgeling feature in consoles.XBox Live has improved by leaps and bounds from when it first started,and the PS3 is gonna be competing against XBL feature to feature(and then some).I don't see the PC reigning over the consoles in multiplayer in the (very) near future.Its only a matter of time before that killer multiplayer game comes out for one of the next-gen consoles.Already,FF11,one of the most popular MMORPGs,is being ported to the 360.

Can you see the future ? Can i have your crystal ball plz :D If you are predicting that paid multiplayer gaming from consoles are going to overtake PC this generation, my prediction is that if the ps3 flops Sony wont be no more. My prediction would be much accurate though. Sonys major business sectors are in the red with only console gaming seeing sony through. Sony is no MS to throw around 4 billion dollars to make a console succed. If sony screws up anywhere now it's bye bye sony !

Another point that you guys fail to touch is the fact that most consoles makers you are proud of are seeing Red ! Ms lost over 4 bn on the xbox dunno how much they'll lose over x360. ps2 is making profits just to keep Sony afloat. Dunno about Gc and nintendo though.

Innovation and story...

Lol that was desperate post :p

And yeah consider game like MAFIA. Console users had to wait 2 users to get game like mafia. no game till date has the story and the plot and the artwork, detail levels, cutscene work that mafia had. None. PERIOD.

I am sure not many will argue about this statement.

And they messed up that game soo badly that it sucked on console.

The console mentality of quantity of quality will still think GTA is the better game. Doesn't matter if all missions were ridiculously planned out.

The race missions in Mafia were class, there was some actual purpose behind all that running around.
The voice acting was hollywood quality and the cutscenes felt professionally directed.

In GTA we have r/c choppers to plant bombs and pon pamphlets to distribute - worst gaming moments ever.

Don't bother arguing on GTA's side as the franchise is a spawn of the pc gaming industry.
Only Sony's contract with R* mandates they wait 6 months before releasing a pc version and they spend all that time polishing it for the very high quality standards of pc gamers.

Dude Saumil...what are you trying to prove exactly? That PC gamers are more in number than consoles? It may be in India, but i suggest you dig up that article that stated the postion of PC gaming market at the knees of consoles.

D3, Farcry, HF2? Not only are all of them on consoles now but Re4, Gow, MGs3 outsold each one of them. Big deal PC is getting Re4, console gamers have forgotten about it and counting towards Re5 already.

The only thing PC has more in number has to be online players. And from the looks of the new article posted by Dipdude and the way Xbox Live has been going, Next-Gen will level it.

GTA was more fun than Mafia. And much bigger life. Mafia just had to get boring after completing it through, GTA never ends. Thre are a 100 things you could do in the city even after completing the story missions. What do you think people are blind? Or did the Mafia's dev failed to advertise? Almost all your opinions are the opposite of the critics and general majority only becuase you try to dig up bogus facts. Majority wins, you think the developers would give a fukc if Mafia overall was better than GTA? Who knows, we may be having Mafia 2 if it broght in good sales.

Mafia being artistic and all is opinion not fact. Sure sales don't predict the level of games but professional critics who proper graduation in the fields can't be wrong specially if you got them against in numbers. IGN, Gamespot bring any other which rated GTA SA less than Mafia, Rocksstar just couldn't have bribed all of them.

To back up blade about what death said...

First of all, STORY??? Better on Console??? Lol? Thats all i can see....

Desperate post's to defend the Console? Yup, i think so. I think you know in the back of the mind that the PC owns a Console, anyday!

Innovation??? Lol??? I dont see Dynamic Lighting.. etc... on Consoles, if thats what you mean by Innovation. Just coz the PS3 has sum catch phrase with Innovation, (im not sure) i dont think it really means anything.

Accessability? Even a 5 year old kid can Install games on the PC, if you teach him. Now dont argue that, you dont have to teach a kid how to use a console. You do.

Those are totally pathetic points to defend the Console. Sorry to say, but you really dunno how to defend the Console. Get a Hardcore Console gamer here, he will defend it well, as the Console deserves.

EDIT :
params7 said:
D3, Farcry, HF2? Not only are all of them on consoles now but Re4, Gow, MGs3 outsold each one of them. Big deal PC is getting Re4, console gamers have forgotten about it and counting towards Re5 already.

Oh really? Do i hear much about Far Cry form PC Gamers anymore? Do the even care about D3? Thats another totally invalid and stupid point to state.

PC Gamers appreciate the Console. Console gamers like you arent even appreciating the PC. How are you posting here then eh? With your Lovely PS2?

params7 said:
The only thing PC has more in number has to be online players. And from the looks of the new article posted by Dipdude and the way Xbox Live has been going, Next-Gen will level it.

You arent a Fortune Teller, and neither is DD.

We all can see the even PC Online gamers are increasing..

*ignores Funky*

Blade_Runner said:
Heh unless you have links or proof to back up that only consoles have good storylines its a "imho"/subjective statement. Deus ex, mafia, farcry was ported to consoles a lot later so its the same as re4, or mgs 2 getting ported to pc. I dont see you calling them multiplatform games.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/features/bestof2005/index.php?day=2&page=4

Three of the five are exclusive to consoles,the other two being ported to the PC after the console launch.Last year MGS3 won the best story award.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/bestof2004/day2w_8.html

So my "ho" is quite similiar to that of some of the best video game reviewers out there.

Blade_Runner said:
I'll summarise what you post:

ad nauseam........

This without giving proper points or justfication of any sort :)

*sigh* I thought being a mod you would have at least tried to read my posts before going all "j00 suXX0rZ" on me.Here.Since you're so *lazy* to read my posts,Ill quote it for you:

I was talking about games such as Guitar Hero,Mario Party and Ape Escape(both having very innovative minigames),the Katamari series,like Katamari Damacy,Shadow Of The Colossus,and more....and if you get handhelds into the picture the list is unending,especially on the Nintendo DS.Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney,the smash hit Nintendogs which is still going strong,Animal Crossing....Too many to list,actually.

You can also add lazy there :D. Also don't try to multiply the problems encountered with playing PC games. In my experience i havent had any problems with any legit games uptil now. Only *retards* or complete *fools* run into such problems. Otherwise its as good as insert disk, install and click icon to play.

Ah.Notice the three step process there? You realise that that little step 2 could take anywhere from 2 to 20 minutes,right? Consoles have the advantage in ease of use.Only *retards* or complete *fools* would state otherwise.

Blade_Runner said:
Ofcourse consoles are plug and play but with patches and upgrades coming home to consoles soon the picture wont be so rosy ;)

Huh? You're talking about the firmware updates seen in the PS3 and PSP? LOL the same firmware updates that added an internet browser to the PSP and which will soon enable email access? The firmware updates which will soon enable worldwide wireless connectivity between PS3s and PSPs everywhere? Well in that case let me just say that these upgrades dont take more than five minutes to install,MAX.And there's no hunting for patches,everything that happens hapens automatically.All you've got to do is d/l,install and enjoy.

The emulator system for the XBox 360 isn't the best ever,I'll admit that,but its hardly as tedious as some ppl on these forums make it out to be.If one has internet access,its a matter of a couple of minutes for download and install of these patches,which is all automatic,of course.

Blade_Runner said:
If you are predicting that paid multiplayer gaming from consoles are going to overtake PC this generation, my prediction is that if the ps3 flops Sony wont be no more.

Heh and this isnt an "imho"/subjective statement? The fact remains that XBL is flourishing and growing more popular by the day,and has already laid Sony the blueprints for an awesome multiplayer experience.All Sony needs to do now is expand on that.True,there are risks,but what business venture doesn't?

Goldenfrag said:
First of all, STORY??? Better on Console??? Lol? Thats all i can see....

Desperate post's to defend the Console? Yup, i think so. I think you know in the back of the mind that the PC owns a Console, anyday!

Innovation??? Lol??? I dont see Dynamic Lighting.. etc... on Consoles, if thats what you mean by Innovation. Just coz the PS3 has sum catch phrase with Innovation, (im not sure) i dont think it really means anything.

Accessability? Even a 5 year old kid can Install games on the PC, if you teach him. Now dont argue that, you dont have to teach a kid how to use a console. You do.

Your posts are laughable.What exactly is it that makes innovation and story desperate,may I ask? Or wait,maybe I shouldn't.I think you'd rather keep playing rehashes of the same FPS and RTS in different packages over and over again,wouldn't you? OOOHHH LOOK,THIS GAME HAS MORE SHINY OBJECTS THAN BEFORE,IT ROXXORSS!!!

You have completely taken my accessibilty point out of context.What a surprise.:|

You cannot insert a Disc into a PC and play immediately.Even after installation one has to make sure that he has the latest drivers for....hmmmm,lets see....

JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING.DirectX.Sound drivers.GFX card drivers.What do console gamers need to do huh?

Goldenfrag said:
Those are totally pathetic points to defend the Console. Sorry to say, but you really dunno how to defend the Console. Get a Hardcore Console gamer here, he will defend it well, as the Console deserves.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you.You have made me realise what retards Im debating with.Ill keep this in mind while replying to your posts next time.

Dude Goldy, i could post in TE with another lovly console which is the dreamcast :) In any case, let me remind you the topic of we are discussing - It is PC gaming vs Consoles. PC's are used to make consoles the first place so get the topics straight.

What haven't we aprreciated about PC? Graphics, Multiplayer, Strategy, Simulation and perhaps one or more things here and there, but consoles have an equally advantages and its price factor is as big as an advantage as graphics are for PC's.

I chose to talk about D3 Farcry because i really can't find other good games PC's has had lately. FEAR? I haven't played just yet but from the reviews, its not looking like an Re4-killer to me, in fact ont even close :/

Think what you post next time, i have always appreciated the advantages PC's have.

Suporting DD89's DS point above, in Japan right now, NO ps2, Xbox, PSP, GC game is in TOP 10 most selling lists of January. The top 10 positions have all been filled out by all DS games. Its dominating, if PSP competed in the same market as DS, Sony would've witnessedi ts first lose in gaming market. PC is history and dead in Japan though.

params7 said:

Exactly :eek:hyeah: ! Pc gamers are still enjoying doom3, hl2 with those good numbers of mods and new map packs. I am going to download some 4-5 200Mb packs for bf2, farcry and ut2k4 :D. Farcry is still seeing innovation for e.g. new mods, a community release map pack and extra content from the 64 bit patch. Map packs and mods are like playing a whole new game for free !! Such is the painstaking level of details and hardwork put into community mods and maps that they rival commercial titles. This my dear params is the best thing a gamer can ask for. Sadly cant say the same about consoles :(. Like you said its play the game and away it goes into the bin. It was the same for me when i finished some of the stellar titles on the ps2. There was simply no going back. With PC games i get more value for money.

Well all i'll say is lets keep the speculation to the minimum. ;) Besides you i know of no other console owner who has been online with a console.

Edit: Also think of all the free titles you get to play like Halo zero, the old skool ones @ underdogs, n number of mario, breakout clones, flash games. I guess that also comes under gaming. :eek:hyeah: I dont see anything like that for consoles right now.

Goldenfrag" said:
Your complete ignorance in this matter astounds me.I wonder how you could even post such bull without having an inkling of knowledge of what we are talking about.Have you ever heard of the Revolution? I have little doubt that it would be just as innovative as the DS,if not surpassing even that in innovation.Unlike the way so many here have requested me to refrain from posting without giving the slightest thought to what Im talking about,Im asking you to stop posting until you understand what you yourself are talking about.Graphics and innovation are completely different aspects.Im surprised that some people couldn't even comprehend *that* much :S

Also think of all the free titles you get to play like Halo zero, the old skool ones @ underdogs, n number of mario, breakout clones, flash games. I guess that also comes under gaming. I dont see anything like that for consoles right now.
well all those titles and many many more retro titles can be played on a console ! Atleast on my PS2 with the help of ARMAX ! Hell with ARMAX we can also play video cds and mp3 on PS2 !:eek:hyeah:

Many have tried but failed. Simply because of the complexity. Dreamcast was pure breeze connecting to the internet and beleive me there were many DC owner who surfed internet on it and played games like UT!! Ps2 however, was totally different. It had very little support for connection types in India. It tokk me a friggin year to connect to the ps2. USB models are not supported, 56k is not supported, only cable type is. Lets hope the ps3 isn't the same.

The modding community is what is keepingthe PC alive. I see on good releases recently but those evoluting mods saumil keeps posting has given me a good idea.

Modding on consoles don't exist but something close..., Action Replay Max can add new match types to wrestling game by overwriting the data on the ram, unlock hot coffee in San An, make a third person game switch to first person which would require a mod on the PC to accomplish (Codebreaker did that with REcvX!!), Strip Lara Croft off her clothers, unlock Lamborghini Diablo and Porsche 911 in Gran Turismo 3 which were eventully taken off by the developers due to licensing problems but forget to actually remove the models and codes, a code in Gta3 and Vice City prevents you from drowining in water.

Many more, usually all games have codes out for playing with characters that are actually unplayable.

Talking about the number of players online lets not take India in for now. As a worldwide basis, Ps2 has what 2.7 million registered users and Xbox around 2 million. Gamecube didn't support online. Lets see how Next-Gen turns out, though the situation in India is still going to be the same becuase of Next-Gen requiring heavy broadband which indian isp's lack.

deathdemon89 said:
*ignores Funky*

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/features/bestof2005/index.php?day=2&page=4

Three of the five are exclusive to consoles,the other two being ported to the PC after the console launch.Last year MGS3 won the best story award.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/bestof2004/day2w_8.html

So my "ho" is quite similiar to that of some of the best video game reviewers out there.

Hmm So 3 exclusive reviews that say the story line is good, 1ups consoles over PC in storyline ? ! thats the most definitive thing you said so far ! :eek:hyeah:

*sigh* I thought being a mod you would have at least tried to read my posts before going all "j00 suXX0rZ" on me.Here.Since you're so *lazy* to read my posts,Ill quote it for you:

I thought this was a mod free zone. Ignore the mod title for the time being and feel free to flame ! :D

Yep i tried to read but me feels you that you always keep dropping names rather than actually experiencing the real thing. Ofcourse

Ah.Notice the three step process there? You realise that that little step 2 could take anywhere from 2 to 20 minutes,right? Consoles have the advantage in ease of use.Only *retards* or complete *fools* would state otherwise.

Yep anywhere from 2-10 minutes for games that are installed offline. I already gave consoles the advantage in ease of use, pnp ! So again i'll say only retards and i mean complete retards will face humiliating problems with a simple thing such as installing a game. Imho the guy should do a reality check, imagine if you can do a simple task like installing a game what worth are you really. (By you i dont really mean you ;))

Huh? You're talking about the firmware updates seen in the PS3 and PSP? LOL the same firmware updates that added an internet browser to the PSP and which will soon enable email access? The firmware updates which will soon enable worldwide wireless connectivity between PS3s and PSPs everywhere? Well in that case let me just say that these upgrades dont take more than five minutes to install,MAX.And there's no hunting for patches,everything that happens hapens automatically.All you've got to do is d/l,install and enjoy.

Yep i am talking abt the firmware upgrades, game patches. One x360 game was patched recently iirc. Yep no need to tell me how much time a firmware takes to install on a psp since i've done that already but installing a newer firmware took away homebrew. ;) Besides since a lot of people in india literally thrive on pirating console titles these firmware upgrades will take away the joy. Anyways thats besides the point. But incase you dint know firmware upgrades and patches are done when there is a flaw or problem in the already existing system ;)

The emulator system for the XBox 360 isn't the best ever,I'll admit that,but its hardly as tedious as some ppl on these forums make it out to be.If one has internet access,its a matter of a couple of minutes for download and install of these patches,which is all automatic,of course.

I'll get one of them x360s once the prices go down and then give you a first hand account. :)

Heh and this isnt an "imho"/subjective statement? The fact remains that XBL is flourishing and growing more popular by the day,and has already laid Sony the blueprints for an awesome multiplayer experience.All Sony needs to do now is expand on that.True,there are risks,but what business venture doesn't?

Hehe being captain obvious eh ?? See where i posted the above statement. I posted it when you speculated about console online gaming overtaking PC online. So as you were trying to predict the future so was i ;) ! And FYI sony still hasnt even said that the batarang controller is still a concept or final, leave alone laying out the blueprint for a perfect online experience. Anyways talk about it when it starts or debuts or whatever ...........

err..sorry for stopping by this thread..

I was just browsing gamespot and IGN and found out this...

IGN's Game Of The Year 2005: GOD OF WAR

GameSpot's Game Of The Year 2005: Resident Evil 4

Dont flame me..am just stating what I saw on those sites.. :hap2:.

DC.

Back