Console Gaming Vs Pc Gaming : Round 2 !

Hehe those two were fine games. Finished GOW and left re4 half way through :p Will finish it off on the PC someday.

But tell me this were FEAR, aoe3, civ 4, bf2, wow, Silent hunter 3 and loads of other games that bad ! :O

Hey i forgot swat 4, quake 4, ff vs 3rd reich, cod2, guild wars, dungeon seige 2,

Damn forgot the sims expansion, the movies, warhammer, GTA: SA Multicity online mod,

@Bluffmaster: Sadly this isnt sticky material. Its not the best of the debates. No one is showing his better side. Simply put no one is ready to acknowledge that both the platforms have some advantages and disadvantages. So nuff to say this isn't a intellectual debate going on................. :|

Last edited by a moderator:
deathdemon89 said:
I think you'd rather keep playing rehashes of the same FPS and RTS in different packages over and over again,wouldn't you? OOOHHH LOOK,THIS GAME HAS MORE SHINY OBJECTS THAN BEFORE,IT ROXXORSS!!!
You have completely taken my accessibilty point out of context.What a surprise.:|
You cannot insert a Disc into a PC and play immediately.Even after installation one has to make sure that he has the latest drivers for....hmmmm,lets see....
JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING.DirectX.Sound drivers.GFX card drivers.What do console gamers need to do huh?
It clearly shows you haven't even played Starcraft, Battle Realms, Warcraft3, CnC, Rise of Nations, Dawn of War. Rehashes indeed, each and every plays completely different.
GTA VC and SA, Burnout2 and Burnout3, GT3 and GT4 are rehashes. Same gameplay, more content.

I agree, most fps's play the same after a while. But the same is true for most of the tps's on consoles.

And we don't need to even insert a disc thanks to no-cd cracks.
It's a pity having to constantly juggle between discs everytime I feel like playing a different game.
A one-time however tedious installation is far better than constant disc juggling for life.

Lets see how fast you can load GTA SA...
Get off the couch - eject - take out current disc - put current disc in jacket - take out GTA disc - put disc in tray - insert tray - maybe hunt for the memory card that holds the GTA saves...
What disc not even out of the jacket yet? Too bad, I launched and quit it 5 times already without moving as much as a finger let alone getting off my chair... ok maybe a finger.

Oh I can also post here, while GTA is minimized.

Blade_Runner said:
Hmm So 3 exclusive reviews that say the story line is good, 1ups consoles over PC in storyline ? ! thats the most definitive thing you said so far ! :eek:hyeah:
well,if this..
Gamespy's most wanted 2006 list.

http://mostwanted.gamespy.com/2006/

Surprise surprise! 16/30 games are on PC and there's a huge diff in the look of PC games vs anything else
...can be taken seriously,I see no reason why my links cant.
Blade_Runner said:
I thought this was a mod free zone. Ignore the mod title for the time being and feel free to flame ! :D
lol thats not what I meant.I was simply under the impression that,being a mod, you would give a little more consideration to my posts before dismissing them,like some other people ;) The flaming shall go on :p
Blade_Runner said:
Yep anywhere from 2-10 minutes for games that are installed offline. I already gave consoles the advantage in ease of use, pnp ! So again i'll say only retards and i mean complete retards will face humiliating problems with a simple thing such as installing a game. Imho the guy should do a reality check, imagine if you can do a simple task like installing a game what worth are you really. (By you i dont really mean you ;))
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.Who ever said that installing games on PCs is problematic? Im only saying that consoles are much more easily accessible,since there is no installation required,and is much less tedious than keeping all those drivers up-to-date.
Blade_Runner said:
Yep i am talking abt the firmware upgrades, game patches. One x360 game was patched recently iirc. Yep no need to tell me how much time a firmware takes to install on a psp since i've done that already but installing a newer firmware took away homebrew. ;)
Not for long ;) 2.6 has been cracked,and I doubt hackers won't be able to crack the PS3.
Blade_Runner said:
Besides since a lot of people in india literally thrive on pirating console titles these firmware upgrades will take away the joy. Anyways thats besides the point. But incase you dint know firmware upgrades and patches are done when there is a flaw or problem in the already existing system ;)
The piracy will never go away.The PSP is a perfect example of that.And those flaws that you talk about have not been much more serious than a security flaw of some sort or the other,on the PSP,which only helps hackers,and thus,the public.Even the new firmware updates have hardly done anything to reduce the piracy,they've simply delayed the inevitable day it'll be cracked once more,and added more features,too.So keep 'em coming,I say!
Blade_Runner said:
And FYI sony still hasnt even said that the batarang controller is still a concept or final, leave alone laying out the blueprint for a perfect online experience. Anyways talk about it when it starts or debuts or whatever ...........
What I meant by setting the blueprint is that Sony already knows what features made XBL famous,and those will definitely be implemented.Along with those features,they could add some more.Following the path of XBL would be their safest bet,and Im pretty certain thats what they'll do.

@Saumil - Mgs3, GoW, Re4 are completely different from each other.

About the No-Cd crack, that's illegal anyways, try and play online with a crack on counter strike, or any other online game, someone like you specially should be knowing this.

Though, bring in no-cd cracks and here comes the hard-drive for the ps2. Rip the ISO to it, no need to insert any disk, works JUST like a PC on a no cd crack, even go online. Guess thats fixed then.

Chaos said:
^^Not to mention you can Alt+Tab between GTA1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 if you really want :p.

Hurry to get to a 3000 or what? That's multi-tasking, minimizing out of a videogame brings in the other functions of a PC which is not being competeted, again this is PC gaming vs Consoles, bring in only the gaming part.

params7 said:
Mgs3, GoW, Re4 are completely different from each other.

About the No-Cd crack, that's illegal anyways, try and play online with a crack on counter strike, or any other online game, someone like you specially should be knowing this.

Though, bring in no-cd cracks and here comes the hard-drive for the ps2. Rip the ISO to it, no need to insert any disk, works JUST like a PC on a no cd crack, even go online.
CD cracks are not illegal. Whoever told you that :p. As long as you have the original game, its perfectly legal to use CD cracks. FYI counterstrike doesnt require the cd to be in the drive :p. In fact no multiplayer fps requires cd in the drive lol :p. No scratched CDs and no burnt lenses.

deathdemon89 said:
@ Saumil: I never said all games on consoles are innovative :p But the number of innovative games on consoles far outnumbers those on the PC. :thumb:

easily. The result is shown by console games recieving far more amount of recognization and awards by the critics.

well it wasent for illegal piracy both console and pc gaming would hit rock low in India. And when it comes to legit games, console games stay at $49.99 for long long long long time most of the time. PC with time gets cheaper much faster.

This pricing is due to fact that part of it goes to console makers ;)

@ Funky: Wrong.Many console games prices go down over little time too.Both the PS2 and PSP have "budget titles" (PS2 - Greatest Hits,PSP - PSP Best).XBox most definitely has a similiar pricing for games.

Oh yes, the Ps2 Greatest hits. All ps2 games which have sold above a certain set limit, get Greats Hits title, they sell for 19.00-29.00$. Nice feature there. And for Gamecube, the console itself costs 100$, most of its game are very cheap. Re4 is selling for 19.00$ as of now!

Chaos said:
CD cracks are not illegal. Whoever told you that :p. As long as you have the original game, its perfectly legal to use CD cracks. FYI counterstrike doesnt require the cd to be in the drive :p. In fact no multiplayer fps requires cd in the drive lol :p. No scratched CDs and no burnt lenses.

Oh, for some reason i could never get online with my downloaded version of Age of Mythology, Age of Empires 3 and Counter Strike. Belive me i tried. On all the newer PC games, crack just can't go online and seeing as multiplayer is one of the hyped advantages of the PC i don't think the two can co-exist with each other.

I never said it never goes down. it goes down a lot slower than a PC game would.

And i didnt knew this until i read the article online ons statistics of gaming just few minutes ago. thought point that out there.

params said:
On all the newer PC games, crack just can't go online and seeing as multiplayer is one of the hyped advantages of the PC i don't think the two can co-exist with each other.

We are not talking about pirated games here params, what others are talking about are retail versions and normally their would be no problem in connecting them to the game servers, pirated is off-topic on TE ;)

all the games you mention if retail are straight forward with regards to online play and connxn. and if not retail, are off-limits :)

Chaos said:
CD Key authentication - thats what all games use. You dont have a valid CD Key and hence can't go online.

*Sigh* i can Gaa aa ran tee you that is so not the case....What's wrong PC gamers don't go on cracks or what? The .exe crack usually gets detected by game servers even if serial is authorised (i've spent a whole month trying to get online on AOM, i copied my friends retail serial no since he never plays online but i was holted because of the crack itself) heck even multi-theft auto detects it forget Stream and Microsoft.

@Dip : Talking about no-cd cracks here, regardless of pirated or retail. Its legal right as Chaos said if you have the retail version, but since most PC games are online, hacked .exe's generally prevent from going in. Patches from developers make sure of that.

deathdemon89 said:
well,if this..

...can be taken seriously,I see no reason why my links cant.
Umm thats outta context since i dint post the link. Argue with chaos all you like ;)

lol thats not what I meant.I was simply under the impression that,being a mod, you would give a little more consideration to my posts before dismissing them,like some other people ;) The flaming shall go on :p
Yep your posts will get consideration but only once you actually start accepting view points from both perspectives. I've agreed re4 and gow 4 were damn fine games. Burnout was the reason for me buying the ps2, consoles are pnp. However i don't see the same attitude from you guys.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.Who ever said that installing games on PCs is problematic? Im only saying that consoles are much more easily accessible,since there is no installation required,and is much less tedious than keeping all those drivers up-to-date.
You guys have been hinting it all along this thread. Probs with installing games, bug, patches etc........ About tediousness i find changing game discs, swap memory cards etc tedious ;)
Not for long ;) 2.6 has been cracked,and I doubt hackers won't be able to crack the PS3.
I am well aware of that but the security is growing stronger and stronger. With 1.0 - 1.5 firmware/kernel the weak point was in the psp firmware itself. With 2.0 onwards hackers had a hard time finding one so they had to resort to finding weakness thru game exploits.

The piracy will never go away.The PSP is a perfect example of that.And those flaws that you talk about have not been much more serious than a security flaw of some sort or the other,on the PSP,which only helps hackers,and thus,the public.Even the new firmware updates have hardly done anything to reduce the piracy,they've simply delayed the inevitable day it'll be cracked once more,and added more features,too.So keep 'em coming,I say!
True piracy wont go away but its becoming tougher and tougher increasingly. The success that ps2 enjoyed in india was more related to the fact that games were available 60-80 a pop. The psp and Ds arent doing so well guess why ;) No one wants to purchase games worth 2k or so.

What I meant by setting the blueprint is that Sony already knows what features made XBL famous,and those will definitely be implemented.Along with those features,they could add some more.Following the path of XBL would be their safest bet,and Im pretty certain thats what they'll do.
I am really hoping they dont start a paid service for something thats supposed to be free ! :(

Back