Console Gaming Vs Pc Gaming : Round 2 !

params7 said:
sorry for going a little off-topic here but in U.S, or at least in SJ, Cali, a kid could earn $50 in a day or two. In 9th grade, its in your curriculum to find a job or else you won't pass. And that job as a waiter in juice bar or mcdonalds would earn you at least 5$/h.
That's what an average middle class indians earn here.

console games generally sell for a lot more than PC games in India. Many ps2 games have hit 20-30$ but they still sell for over Rs.2500 on ebay and those malls.
Exactly ! Thats wat iam saying , but i guess mr. chaos is too Rich to know that !:p

params7 said:
sorry for going a little off-topic here but in U.S, or at least in SJ, Cali, a kid could earn $50 in a day or two. In 9th grade, its in your curriculum to find a job or else you won't pass. And that job as a waiter in juice bar or mcdonalds would earn you at least 5$/h.
That's what an average middle class indians earn here.

console games generally sell for a lot more than PC games in India. Many ps2 games have hit 20-30$ but they still sell for over Rs.2500 on ebay and those malls.
You also have to remember that the Bay Area is incredibly expensive to stay in. A single room dorm accomodation costs like 600-800$ a month. So 5$ an hour is quite justified. Compare that to India and its lot less expensive to stay here. About PS2 games, I won't comment. Well thats another reason not to game on consoles :p

params7 said:
I feel the adoption rate of consoles and console gaming in general is responsible for that.

Blade_Runner said:
I feel the adoption rate of consoles and console gaming in general is responsible for that.

Well thats exactly iam saying , unless n until those guys dont drop those prices in INDIA , Piracy would never stop !!:hap5:

Its because the console haven't had an official release. Once Sony decided to officialy support ps2 in India, advertise on TV and newspapers, see the prices of games fall to Rs.1000.

Dreamcast was the only console EVER to have officially released in India, its games sold for 1500-2000 (avg 40$ in US).

Price is only one factor affecting piracy. Main thing is ready accessibility of pirated games.

PC games are already priced in the very affordable 999-1299 range in India (except for MS and GTA games), still they are the most pirated software all over the world including India.
They are pirated 2-3 times more than even legit sales of most PC/console titles.

And PS2 was officially launched in India afaik. Not sure.
The initial launch (2 years after the international launch) and then The Prince of Persia special edition launch.

well according to few Indian and Foreign game developers if the price would be cut down to 1/6th the price which is 250-300 rupees it would increase the profit three folds atleast (console or pc)........

well according to few Indian and Foreign game developers if the price would be cut down to 1/6th the price which is 250-300 rupees it would increase the profit three folds atleast (console or pc)........
Pffft.Yeah,like thats gonna happen.Anyway,we cant take the price factor into consideration until the 360 releases here officially,since it will be the first official release aside from the Dreamcast,which is dead now.We can only find out who has the upper hand in terms of official pricing once games for the 360 release here,seeing as its gonna be the first officially released console here for a while.

Ps2 hasn't officialy been launched in India and it is confirmed. Some company (Milestone perhaps?) only Officialy ship it, that doesn't mean a release.

If X360 is officialy being launched in the country, then it should come with indian version documents including official helpline and support office inclduding advertisements on TV.

Dreamcast for example, shipped with a special indian version of its internet surfing and had its own special support centre from SEGA in New Delhi, it even had ads on TV.

Yeah I Still remember those dreamcast ads , then the tv videogames were ruling the indian market and i know how bad i wanted that dreamcast but instead i bought a PC and i am damm glad i did !!

params7 said:
Ps2 hasn't officialy been launched in India and it is confirmed. Some company (Milestone perhaps?) only Officialy ship it, that doesn't mean a release.

If X360 is officialy being launched in the country, then it should come with indian version documents including official helpline and support office inclduding advertisements on TV.

Dreamcast for example, shipped with a special indian version of its internet surfing and had its own special support centre from SEGA in New Delhi, it even had ads on TV.
umm params even Sony world sells the ps2 with full warranty so i guess its a official launch ?

Well, now Duty is 10%, so the XBOX 360 should come at 13000Rs. Max :bleh:

I can already see the PC Part prices dropping.

Except for the high end ones ofcourse, coz of the demand and no supply :bleh:...

Back