Console Gaming Vs Pc Gaming : Round 2 !

bluffmaster said:
Who is making personal attacks ? Deathdemon is just replying to your posts !
Well did i take any name? but you guessed anyhow didnt you :p
There are ways to reply, maturely, immaturely, childishly and arogantly.

This is exactly what i mean. And i am not talking about me, see other sections/ topics in this forum. arguments here and in last thread have resulted in unnacessary conflicts in other threads too between these guys.

bluffmaster said:
Who is making personal attacks ? Deathdemon is just replying to your posts !
Funkymonkey,I'm sorry if anything I said insulted you,but this is a forum,we're supposed to encourage debates,not discourage them ;)
As for the 1337 stuff,I was just fooling around :p
Chaos said:
But they are touched up with AA and stuff to make it look better than in engine
I was unaware of that.I dunno,maybe you're right about MGS2 doing that,I really dont know.But MGS3 looked so awesome,there's no need to even assume that they added graphical touches to it. :p

funkymonkey said:
Well did i take any name? but you guessed anyhow didnt you :p
There are ways to reply, maturely, immaturely, childishly and arogantly.

This is exactly what i mean. And i am not talking about me, see other sections/ topics in this forum. arguments here and in last thread have resulted in unnacessary conflicts in other threads too between these guys.
Yo Dude thats the true Beauty of forums :D !Please dont get pissed off ! Right now i think there are only 3 console supporters { me , deathdemon and param } but you have got the whole TE Community support !

funkymonkey said:
here are ways to reply, maturely, immaturely, childishly and arogantly.

Well,it doesn't matter how you post as long as you give others room to speak too and state their opinions too,IMO.BTW I never intended any personal attacks on anyone,but if I did,well...........its nothing personal.:cool2:

Params7 said:
Deus Ex is not exclusive to the PC. its there for ps2 and Xbox, why are you guys then arguing over a port??

I didn't know that.In that case add Deus Ex as another innovative game in the consoles list,I say! :D

bluffmaster said:
I dont think so , i did'nt find any difference between MGS3 cutscenes and the gameplay !

My thoughts exactly.Now that I think of it MGS2 had cinematics which were slightly more refined than the gameplay,with respect to graphics.In MGS3 however,I saw no difference.

bluffmaster said:
Right now i think there are only 3 console supporters { me , deathdemon and param } but you have got the whole TE Community support !
lol do we really need any more supporters anyway Bluff? We're holding our own against the whole of TE anyway! :eek:hyeah:

Deus Ex being on ps2 wasn't the point (and what a shame you people didn't already know, learn to look beyond rave reviews and judge for yourself). I mentioned the game as an example of why the sales arguement is so flawed.
DX sold way less than most popular titles and still remains the better game.

DX on ps2 is absolutely trash for the record, just like DX2 which held much promise but turned out trash after being dumbed down far too much for the console crowd.

params7 said:
Its the exclsuives. that give consoels the edge. If they existed on PC it would be selling as much as the consoles.
Exactly what I've been saying all along. It's the marketting and exclusive deals that sell the consoles.

I don't disagree with the scenario, I dislike it. Because pc is clearly the superior platform.
I don't mind console games, but Sony should atleast have the balls to not force companies like Rockstar to wait 6 months before releasing a new GTA on pc.

Not that it bothers me much. The pc still dominates the fps, rts and racing genres and those are all I play alongside the occasional rpg. Although there are some really nice console exclusive rpg's that I would like to play on my pc. FFX2 is damn irritating without mouse support.

And to whoever mentioned Xbox Live being anywhere even close to online gaming on the pc - Get a clue... Starcraft, CS and WOW see more players on a daily basis than any xbox title would see over a lifetime. And those are just 3 games.

The floodgates haven opened :D

For the convenience of everyone and to encourage further flames i hereby declare that this thread will be a moderation free zone until all the fanbois exhaust themselves and ask me to close the thread themselves :D

Flame on :eek:hyeah:

saumilsingh said:
I don't mind console games, but Sony should atleast have the balls to not force companies like Rockstar to wait 6 months before releasing a new GTA on pc.
I said it a hundred times before,I'll say it again.Don't.Get.Sony's.Balls.Into.This.
They don't have any.
But they do have marketing strategies.This is one of them.Live with it.
Saumilsingh said:
Not that it bothers me much. The pc still dominates the fps, rts and racing genres and those are all I play alongside the occasional rpg.
Meh.Name an FPS that the PC has and the console doesn't.Except FEAR.:p
LOTRBFME2 is gonna release for the X360,and guess what? *gasp* ITS AN RTS!!!
Saumilsingh said:
Although there are some really nice console exclusive rpg's that I would like to play on my pc. FFX2 is damn irritating without mouse support.
FFX2? Mouse support?? In the same sentence????!!! Someone please shoot me....Besides,I think Iv realised why you despise consoles so much...I mean heck,FFX2? Dude you'd be better off watching the Powerpuff Girls or something. Try Shin Megami Tensei and the previous FF installations to get an idea of what an RPG REALLY is.

LOTRBFME2 is gonna release for the X360,and guess what? *gasp* ITS AN RTS!!!

*Raises hand*

Hey i remember saying in the previous PC console debate that it would only be a matter of time before they announce an RTS for consoles, regardless if it'll click or not.

*sits down with after recieiving a 6th sense hat mysteriously*

well iam impressed !

here is one cookie for u param !:hap2:

944f5d55.jpg

and for demon there r two !:eek:hyeah:

4a93afc4.jpg

keep it up guys ! when u need me just let me knowe !:)

Console Advantages
The most obvious advantage consoles have over PCs is cost. The Xbox currently sells for around $200, often with a couple games in the bundle, while it's easy to spend that much or more on a quality PC video card alone.

The second most obvious advantage is simplicity. Let's face it, PC gaming is a technical nightmare compared to console gaming. People can actually take a console home and be playing a game within minutes. No operating systems to configure or drivers to update, and better still, no purchasing a game only to find out that it isn't compatible with your PC for some obscure reason.

Multiplayer gaming is also made easy and affordable with companies like Microsoft offering online services for their product. The Xbox, for example, comes equipped with a network card, making it a simple matter to hook it up to a DSL or Cable Internet connection and get into a multiplayer game on Xbox Live.

Many people prefer to play games sitting on the couch, or they want to play with friends in the same room. While these things are possible on a PC, consoles are extremely well-suited for this right out of the box.

Console games are more readily rented than PC games, and more easily returned to the retailer if you're not satisfied with them. Generally speaking, it is difficult to return PC games because they are easy to copy.

Console games tend to have a relatively low learning curve. You might need fast thumbs, but you certainly won't need to spend hours in a "tutorial" trying to learn how to operate basic game functions. :tongue:

PC Disadvantages

While PCs have come down considerably in price over the years, they are still quite expensive compared to consoles. Perhaps worse, we seem to be at a point where manufacturers would rather make them more powerful than cheaper, whether we need the speed or not.

Computers are also getting a little more user friendly, but eventually every PC gamer will encounter some technical complication, be it a device driver that needs updating or components that are simply incompatible.

The truth is, installing a game on your computer is always a bit of a gamble. You never really know if it's going to work until you're actually playing the game, and even then, in the back of your mind, you're expecting it to crash at any moment.

Unlike most console games, PC games have the potential to get ridiculously complicated. This can give a game depth, but it can also result in tedious arrays of keyboard commands and lengthy tutorials which one must endure to learn how to play.

PC games are often not well-suited for playing on the couch, especially given that the mouse and keyboard are the preferred PC game controllers. Unlike console games, you also won't find many PC games that support two players on one machine at the same time.:tongue:

Yes, that (Two player) is possibly the biggest advantage of a console. I used to love playing donkey kong country 1,2 &3 and super mario world on my SNES along with my father.

Multiplayere network games are not the same, it is deifferent to be sitting side by side and looking at the same screen..

Back