Console Gaming Vs Pc Gaming : Round 2 !

heh people will believe anything they see in the promos...
As it stands now, nex-gen is turning out to be very dissappointing. What promos they showed and what the actual games look like. But they did the same with PS2, so was half expecting this since day one.

Guys The Fight Night round 3 videos were NOT PRERENDERED ! IGN confirmed that !!
E3 2005: Fight Night Round 3 Demo Impressions
...And it's a TKO in the first round!
by Jeremy Dunham, Hilary Goldstein
May 18, 2005 - The general consensus among most of us here in the IGN war room, is that Sony's 2005 E3 press conference was the best of the bunch. Boasting a ton of in-game, out-of-game, and tech demo footage, the PlayStation 3 unveiling was a roaring success. One of the biggest reasons for that reception was the excellent in-game demo of the upcoming EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 boxing title. Developed once again by the team at EA Chicago, Fight Night Round 3 is already the best looking boxing game in history -- and it's not even close to finished yet.

To get a better idea of what the editors here at IGN thought about Fight Night's appearance at the conference, we asked IGN's resident boxing fans Jeremy Dunham (that would be me) and Hilary Goldstein for their impressions of the demo. Here's what they had to say.

Jeremy's Take
I can't wait to sit down and play Fight Night Round. As a big fan of the first two games and a huge follower of boxing in general, the idea of slugging it out with character models that look just like the real thing is a dream come true. Just imagine taking a realistic "Winky" Wright and jabbing the hell out of a similarly realistic Felix Trinidad for 12-odd rounds. Or better yet, think about how cool it would be to take a photo-realistic recreation of Roy Jones and pit him up against Glen Johnson to avenge his devastating knockout loss. If Fight Night Round 3 is any indication of what's to come, then you'll be able to do just that.

Obviously we still have to wait and see what kind of gameplay Round 3 is ultimately going to offer. But if you look at the short history of the series so far, it's safe to assume that the dual analog fighting scheme will be back once again. Even if you were to assume that the mechanics remained identical to last year's version (with a better balancing of the haymaker, of course), the end result is already enough to sell me on the PlayStation 3 edition.

But looking a little closer to now and not so far into the future, Fight Night is still an impressive experience (albeit a visual one). The way that both of the two fighters showed emotions such as anger, fear, and confusion really does add another level to the boxing illusion, and the level of detail on the skin (broken or otherwise) was awesome.

Hopefully we'll get to see a lot more of Fight Night Round 3 in the next couple of months (or better yet, before the end of E3). But in the meantime, check out the game's amazing in-game demo for your yourself.

Hil's Take
Sony's Press Conference had smoke, mirrors and Fight Night Round 3. There were plenty of amazing tech demos and certainly the potential of PS3 looked great in the various trailers, but the most impressive 100% real demo came from EA. If this is the future of gaming, I'm going to be very broke.

There's nothing that wasn't impressive about Fight Night 3, especially considering this title is at least a year away from release. EA's new facial expression technology is phenomenal. Those varied facial animations will play a key role in Fight Night more so than most sports titles. The emotion of boxing will be worn on every face and the power of each punch felt with every blow. I can't wait.

That's why I'm building a time machine. If I can build it by the end of the year, I'll be able to leap forward in time to the launch of PS3. Why should I be shown the brilliance of the future then be forced to sit and wait. What do I do now -- play Fight Night Round 2? That no longer seems appealing. The incredible level of detail in the PS3 demo makes this generation suddenly feel obsolete.

At first, I was blown away. Floored. I disbelief. So I decided to give it a day then look at the demo again with fresh eyes. It really was a repeat of the day before. What more can I say? Holy crap.

Okay, so there is more I can say. While the graphics are incredible, I am curious how much customization will be available. And, of course, there is a little thing called gameplay. But then, Fight Night 2's was the best sim boxing game ever made. 'Natch.

Chaos said:
^^OMG PS3 fanboys... Little do you realize that those E3 shots were prerendered

OMG...You're kidding me right? Please say so...lol...

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN Chaos and Saumil have now proven my point better than I ever could!! My GOD,are u PC fanboys so surprised about these graphics that u go into denial?!Well,you've sure been living under a rock haven't you? Well,I guess its up to me to educate you...

1.First of all,its not an E3 screenshot.Its a screenshot taken by Gamespot when they got their hands on the demo.ON JANUARY 4.If you have an X360(which you obviously don't,but whatever...) you can download it from Xbox Live Marketplace and see for yourself.In fact,I'm pretty sure someone on this forum mentioned having one...i think it was one of the monkeys...Why doesn't he/she check it out? In the meantime...

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/fightnightround3/news.html?sid=6141856&mode=previews

2.It isn't for the PS3,its for the Xbox 360,which,btw,is considered to be the inferior of the two.

3.IN-GAME SCREENIES,BABY!!!

Saumilsingh said:
heh people will believe anything they see in the promos...

As it stands now, nex-gen is turning out to be very dissappointing. What promos they showed and what the actual games look like. But they did the same with PS2, so was half expecting this since day one.

Well,the MGS2 footage they showed was actually worse than the final product.AND EVERYONE WAS DOWNRIGHT FLOORED by the graphics in that trailer."What promos they showed and what the actual games look like??"

Please tell me,Saumil,what next-gen promos did they show that didn't turn out the exact same graphically?

Params7 said:
360 has hardly made its entry and you're already judging nextgen. 360 was rushed and so were the games.

Params,that screenie is not a fake!!They even showed some gameplay footage on TV once!!

freefrag said:
i"ve gotta agree with u tht is good r u sure it is in-game visuals ?

You can bet on you're favourite cricket bat it is!!

Point proven.You guys don't even need to babble anything in defense now,cuz

U BEEN TEH PWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Hey Bluffy why dont you just provide the link next time instead of copying and pasting the whole thing?

EDIT2: Looks like you guys are still stuck in time goggling at Far Cry aren't you?! :tongue:

IGN said:
At first, I was blown away. Floored. I disbelief.

Hmmm....That sounds familiar.... :ashamed:

:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Awesome Deathdemon89 :cool2: , yOu are amazing in doing INSULTS:eek:hyeah: , :eek:hyeah: wow i love that.............Now TAKE THAT SAUMIL UNCLE:bleh: !!!

I never meant to insult anyone...I'm just stating facts...But seriously,I think it would be best if the others in this thread just stuck to facts too...cough*Chaos*...Cough*Saumil*....Cough....

LOL at the time of E3, Sony/nvidia didn't have working silicon of the PS3 gpu. The first silicon taped out only 3 months back. Well this might come as a rude shock to you but part of the gpu development was done right here in india. The entire software layer (OpenGL ES 1.1) was written right over here and i have a friend in that team :p. The E3 demo was run on a pre production 7800GTX but the final ones shown were just videos. Those reporters don't have half a brain to understand anything :p.

EDIT: Didn't know the game released on X360 as well. Hehe i don't have an X360 right :p. You'd not be saying it if u knew a little bit about me :D

ya Right IGN doesnt have brains............ !
Anyways the demo is for xbox 360 which looks as said before amazing , PS3 Hopefully being the superior console will have better or atleast the same graphics as of xbx 360 !

Chaos said:
LOL at the time of E3, Sony/nvidia didn't have working silicon of the PS3 gpu. The first silicon taped out only 3 months back. Well this might come as a rude shock to you but part of the gpu development was done right here in india. The entire software layer (OpenGL ES 1.1) was written right over here and i have a friend in that team . The E3 demo was run on a pre production 7800GTX but the final ones shown were just videos. Those reporters don't have half a brain to understand anything .

uh....and your point is...?:huh:

The MGS4 trailer was first presented at TGS,not E3.And that was....what? 2 months back? Is that proof enough of the PS3's power?

Chaos said:
Didn't know the game released on X360 as well. Hehe i don't have an X360 right . You'd not be saying it if u knew a little bit about me

Well,if you do,then go check it out for yourself,man.Then come back and tell us how you found it.:)

EDIT: Why should the fact that the GPU development was done in India be a rude shock? Actually,I was aware of that,and I don't find it the least bit surprising,imo.I believe it was reported on this site itself that MS are employing Indians in the herds...And MS isn't the only one...But thats completely besides the point,y'know..

bluffmaster said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Awesome Deathdemon89 :cool2: , yOu are amazing in doing INSULTS:eek:hyeah: , :eek:hyeah: wow i love that.............Now TAKE THAT SAUMIL UNCLE:bleh: !!!
I am not sure I want to say anything to belittle the sanctity of 'idiot idiot idiot...'.

bluffmaster said:
Yeah thats true but fight night was not prerendered like many other games , it was a real time video !

Have been working in graphics since 2001. I still have no clue what that is :p.

Man..........Why are u acting like a jerk ? I respect You alot, i have seen ur post here , but is it necessary for u to be like SAUMIL ?Everybody seems to hate him just becoz he is a big time jerk, but you , u r quite respected man...

I meant it was a real time gameplay footage there , In a hurry i just typed that !

lol real time video, and guys stop deteriorating a perfectly good debate by posting inane comments like PWNED etc (specially in caps and with double the fonts)

bluffmaster said:
Man..........Why are u acting like a jerk ? I respect You alot, i have seen ur post here , but is it necessary for u to be like SAUMIL ?Everybody seems to hate him just becoz he is a big time jerk, but you , u r quite respected man...

I meant it was a real time gameplay footage there , In a hurry i just typed that !
Well its exactly the point I'm trying to put forward.... none of the E3 demos were realtime. The MGS4 thing WAS realtime but not anything older.

Chaos said:
Fight night was first shown at E3 . Thats my point! That pic you posted is from E3... thats all.
You're right.The E3 footage was prerendered.But the pic I posted was not from E3.

bluffmaster said:
Yeah thats true but fight night was not prerendered like many other games , it was a real time video !
If you're talking about E3,nope.Thats incorrect.

But what I want to know is where E3 came from?? Chaos,please check out the link I had posted above:
The screenshot I posted was directly from a demo being played on the X360.

Blade_Runner said:
lol real time video, and guys stop deteriorating a perfectly good debate by posting inane comments like PWNED etc (specially in caps and with double the fonts)
sry Blade...:)

Saumilsingh said:
I am not sure I want to say anything to belittle the sanctity of 'idiot idiot idiot...'.
Mind posting something more constructive to the thread for a change?;)

Chaos said:
Well its exactly the point I'm trying to put forward.... none of the E3 demos were realtime. The MGS4 thing WAS realtime but not anything older.
Well,the MGS4 footage was arguably even better than the E3 Fight Night footage.Isn't that proof enough of the PS3's power for you? I still don't understand why you're bringing E3 into the picture.Of course all the demos they showed there were prerendered! Everyone knows that!

bluffmaster said:
WHATEVER man , but all i know is that the screens of FIGHT NIGHT 3 are real and not prerendered !
:p

Anyway,as long as the final game looks that way,who's complaining?And don't give me that "Sony is a big fat liar boo hoo hoo" crap because,even at E3,they made the prerendered footage using hardware which was 'almost' similiar to what the final product would have,and in some cases...
Chaos said:
The E3 demo was run on a pre production 7800GTX
...with inferior hardware.
So its almost guaranteed that the games that were shown will be more or less of the same graphical calibre as that of E3.Fight Night is a perfect example of that.Keep in mind that this game still isn't even half finished yet!
BTW don't forget to tell us how you find the demo once u'v d/led it,Chaos!

Those Fight Night pics albeit cool are nothing compared to the CryEngine 2 videos.
Doesn't take much to render just 2 really detailed characters in front of a blurry 2d crowd and a low detail ring.

CryEngine2 was rendering an entire island with Crytek Waterâ„¢, dynamic day/night cycles, volumetric clouds, deformable terrain, vegetation with per-polygon hit-detection, real-time shadows for every single leaf AND player models with as detailed faces as Fight Night. The list goes on and on...

And CryEngine2 is DX10, way beyond anything any nex-gen console can handle.

Back