Courier Service Feedback

If you have an active seller account on eBay, register for PowerShip. Very very useful and cheap shipping through Fedex or BlueDart.

I wanted to ship a phone to my cousin, listed the phone on eBay and asked him to buy it with a coupon. Effective cost for shipping the phone valued at around 5000 was Rs 20 after all discounts and fees. And this was fully insured, delivered on Day 2 (area comes under special delivery) through BlueDart. Can't get better than this.

BlueDart pickup person does not even ask what is inside, just need to give the packed package along with order statement and declaration. All docs can be printed directly from eBay.

Did ebay provide you the packaging material? Is it mandatory to use ebay packaging?
I have opted for powership. How can modify my active listings to use powership program?

Yeah eBay provides the material. Its not mandatory. I use my own packing material sometimes.

Not sure, there is no option to selectively use PowerShip I believe. Once its activated its applicable to all.

Very nice thread. Read all the pages.

Can anyone post international rates offered by various couriers ? Which is best for 500 gm to 5 Kg parcels ?

Please share your view.

Can anyone share personal contact details (not call center numbers) of people you know in various courier agencies who can provide best rates ?

Can anyone share personal contact details (not call center numbers) of people you know in various courier agencies who can provide best rates ?

I guess I had mentioned in the other thread too. If you are planning to ship a large number of packages, you can always approach the companies directly and open an account. If you can give a commitment the rate will come down significantly. But for shipping one or two items occasionally its difficult to get a good rate.

Sent a phone to delhi from mumbai today after a lot of reading around. Used Overnite priority express(24 hr delivery promise) and declared the value as 20k. Total they charged 742/- with risk. Fingers crossed.

UPDATE- Delivered under 24 hours. :joyful:

Had bought an item from eBay. Seller shipped via BlueDart. BlueDart pulled their old 'Premises closed, unable to deliver' stunt again, despite someone being at home during the day.

I guess seller was monitoring the status of the package, because I received an automated SMS and E-mail from eBay, saying that delivery was attempted and I needed to call BlueDart to sort it out. :mad:

Bluedart has become one of the worst courier services now a days, they just update anything on their website without even taking the pain to send their boys on your address, when they don't want to deliver that particular day, they write address incomplete whereas they've delivered to the same address N no. of times and the other problem with them is there's no point-to-point tracking on their website, they just show Shipped From: to:.
They've misplaced my Flipkart order and I had to go to lot of pain to get my money back from flipkart because the status was just showing delivered on their website. Better to avoid them for sometime until they don't improve their services.

Bludart sucks these days, i ordered few books from flipkart, it arrives on time but the handling was crap. the box torn apart, my imported edition books :( . i complained and they done reverse pickup and refund my money after 17 days...

As in, Flipkart did not pack it properly? Or did Blue Dart mishandle it? Flipkart should know the monsoons can be pretty bad. Should ideally do that thin polythene wrapping (like they do for luggage on airports).

As in, Flipkart did not pack it properly? Or did Blue Dart mishandle it? Flipkart should know the monsoons can be pretty bad. Should ideally do that thin polythene wrapping (like they do for luggage on airports).

flipkart pack it with low quality box and bludart handle with like shit.... bro here in odisha mostly bludart mishandle currior all time, once i visited there office and i see they throws currior. thats the reason all packagesare torn.

Bluedart
thumbdown.jpg

Back