English TV series discussion

Going to start Banshee S01 -- any user reviews ?

I watched the trailer on YouTube n liked it. Lots of well choreographed action sequences, western motif, a little intense on the visual styling but camera work was nice.

The intro scene in first episode itself is enough to put a true Cinemax stamp on it. But after a few episodes, the story opens up and the action takes a rather brutal curve. The best thing about this show is that it exudes raw brawler style action; we're talking nasty good ol' hand-to-hand combat. At times it's so over the top, you can't help but laugh and cringe at the same time. For an original show and with a relatively lesser known cast, this show has a high amount of production values and good performances. On the nudity front, all you need to do is watch Lilly Simmons, rest just pale in comparison. Also, the theme song is totally adrenaline pumping. Rest assured, you won't be disappointed.

Season 2 starts in January.

nice, do suggest some more 18+ shows with nudity :p

Pick pretty much any Showtime, HBO, STARZ and Cinemax shows. Cinemax, STARZ and Showtime go all out on gratuitous nudity. STARZ pushed a lot of boundaries with Spartacus and more recently Da Vinci's Demons. Showtime delivered with Californication. Cinemax has it's own after dark specials (Femme Fatales & Chemistry) with almost zero storyline and purely catering to erotica. However, it's original shows like Strike Back & Banshee stand out.

Out of all these networks, I feel HBO drives their shows with balanced content. They don't go over-board with anything, except may be in Game of Thrones.

Nobody guessing who Red John is? Its not who the last episode would have you believe :p

I'm betting that Red John is..
..Sheriff McAllister

Nobody guessing who Red John is? Its not who the last episode would have you believe :p

I'm betting that Red John is..
..Sheriff McAllister
It's most probably none from the list, or they will use some tame reasoning and show that some magic happened off screen. All these guys don't look and feel like Red John. Tyger Tyger...

My bet is still on Bret Stiles.
You didn't watch the leaked episode? Hehe... I hope it is a fake.

Regarding Bret Stiles, he is too old. They have to come up with some explanation for the past misinformation if they reveal him as Red John.

Last edited:
You didn't watch the leaked episode? Hehe... I hope it is a fake.

Regarding Bret Stiles, he is too old. They have to come up with some explanation for the past misinformation if they reveal him as Red John.
Which leaked epi? :O Epi number?

And whats the problem if he is too old?

Yeah, that's why I hope against hope that it is a fake. Some TV producers shoot multiple endings to keep the cast in the loop, and the post-production team too. Just read what the PoI makers did for their last episode.

But in all probability, yeah, Mentalist will turn out to be a dud if that is really the case, unless they have some huge surprise in the next episodes. Anyway, I'm enjoying the Red John season, whereas earlier we had to sit through several boring episodes to watch even one Red John episode.

Yeah, that's why I hope against hope that it is a fake. Some TV producers shoot multiple endings to keep the cast in the loop, and the post-production team too.
Oh, now it makes sense.

and yeah, even I am enjoying this season.

btw from last episode, epi number 7, when Patrick interrogates the police officer, I was able to guess the answers most of the time. And that guy who acted Police Officer did his job well. Thats what makes Mentalist interesting to me. Observe, observe and observe!

Anyone watching White Collar/Elementary here ?
Last Episode was good

Which one ? I am watching both :p ...White Collar is taking an interesting route. I would hate to be in Peter's situation !

Regarding Elementary ... I think they are ruining Holmes. He is not as brilliant as he should now. I dont like it :(

The next episode of The Mentalist is titled "My Blue Haven," and the next one after that "Green Thumb." This show is going bonkers. Don't know whether it is sheer brilliance, or just numbingly pathetic. First episode title since Pilot to have no connection to the word red.

Last edited:
Back