English TV series discussion

Which one ? I am watching both :p ...White Collar is taking an interesting route. I would hate to be in Peter's situation !

Regarding Elementary ... I think they are ruining Holmes. He is not as brilliant as he should now. I dont like it :(

Ya White Collar is gonna be awesome in the coming weeks
Agree with your comment on Elementary, I'm eagerly waiting for Benedict Cumberbatch to resume as "Sherlock" in Jan :)

The next episode of The Mentalist is titled "My Blue Haven," and the next one after that "Green Thumb." First episode title since Pilot to have no connection to the word red.
Thats because there won't be any more red john.
I'm more confused about the news at the beginning of the season that Rigsby and Van pelt will be replaced by 2 other agents. Are they trying to transition into a new team with a new focus - in hopes of extending the show?

Yeah, that's why I hope against hope that it is a fake.
Just had a look at the leaked episode and it seems genuine. Have a look at the episode 8 promo, everything matches, and there's a big hint in the seemingly random shot of a pigeon :p Plus even though the promo keeps his identity hidden, if you pause at the right frame when he runs through the sliding door, you can recognise the hairstyle.

I don't see any reason to be disappointed with who it is, since Bruno Heller had already said it would be someone ordinary. While its understandable to visualise RJ (pardon the pun :D) as someone powerful like Brett Stiles, I guess they were going with a keyser soze type of villain. The only disappointing part is that Patrick doesn't ask him how he pulled off his tricks.

I don't see any reason to be disappointed with who it is, since Bruno Heller had already said it would be someone ordinary. While its understandable to visualise RJ (pardon the pun :D) as someone powerful like Brett Stiles, I guess they were going with a keyser soze type of villain. The only disappointing part is that Patrick doesn't ask him how he pulled off his tricks.
Call 9-1-1, and say what? Hello officer, I'm the dreaded Red John. And I'm afraid to die.

As expected the leaked episode was not fake. Though there is a part in the episode and promo where RJ says:
Its a game and I won.
which clearly is a dub over to avoid people from identifying RJ from the voice. This pushes Mentalist's ending closer to a Dues Ex Machina ending, just made up on the fly (heck! there are no answers to many of the "RJ" mysteries). There are no clues about the identity, just that three tattoos and Jane once shook hands with him years ago.
The next episode is set 2yrs after all this. I think they are going for Rigsby and Van Pelt getting married and settled happily ever after. Hence, none of them on the new task force.

The writer played everyone a fool. I just read that the concept has also been lifted from one of the villains in the Profiler TV series. Damn, so much time wasted debating about Red John over the years. This is even worse than Dexter.

@avi Haha...Patrick James was in fact Red John all along.
TV Guide Magazine: Hell, yeah!

Baker:
All those times we heard the voice of Red John? That was me.

TV Guide Magazine: Seriously?

Baker:
Yes! In the Season 2 finale, when Jane was captured and Red John did that "Tyger, Tyger" thing with the mask on? That was me. I played both characters in that scene.

TV Guide Magazine: Wow. That's especially trippy considering there was a major theory going around that Jane was Red John. So in a way that turned out to be true!

Baker:
That was the reason I did that. There was a point where Bruno was saying, "We don't know who we're going to cast to play [the masked Red John]." I said, "Don't cast anyone! I'll do it." Bruno was, like, "I love it! I love it!" So I put on a mask and did that funny, wispy little voice. And for seasons after, whenever Red John spoke, I had to go record the voice.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mentalist-Simon-Baker-Red-John-1073837.aspx

96ulzpT.jpg?1

Last edited:
Someone please fill me on the the whole Red John fiasco .. I don't watch the Mentalist .. (don't plan to either) ..

AFAIK Red John was the series villain whom Patrick James was chasing all along ..

Someone please fill me on the the whole Red John fiasco .. I don't watch the Mentalist .. (don't plan to either) ..

AFAIK Red John was the series villain whom Patrick James was chasing all along ..

You just answered ur own question...
...and he is still chasing..

You just answered ur own question...
...and he is still chasing..
No. It's over. The next episode is apparently two years after what transpired in the previous episode. They are making The Mentalist a pure procedural show now, which it already was to some extent.[DOUBLEPOST=1385416173][/DOUBLEPOST]
Saw Mentalist episode today. And still the guy who was shown as RJ may not be RJ. I am very sure.
Yup, Tyger Tyger was just a red herring (pun intended). The real Red John actually uses Pygeon Pygeon :D

Last edited:
Back