English TV series discussion

^^relax dude :p.
All know your 6 months are expiring this sunday.
Get a bsnl or mtnl 6 months pack ;)
better try procuring breaking bad or the sopranos

^does that mean you extended your validity :S.
Or If you got it sourced try getting true blood, blue blood
parks and recreation.
The office, modern family, two and a half men.
Game of thrones, spartacus.
These come to my mind right now.
EDIT : another recommendation try getting the monk, californication too.
Also noticed it is easier to get damns than rep points :rofl:
anyways keep them coming :hap2:

The final season of Entourage to start on July 24, next week.

here is the trailer. Only 8 episodes you know.

Also please do, watch a special 30-minute farewell to the series.

It has a section, where the actual characters, on whom the show is based show up and talk.

Its pretty good. Damn fine show. More than being about hollywood, it was based on true friends, who always stick together.

Finished with House MD, all 7 seasons. Now have to wait till October for the season 8 to commence.

Started with IT Crowd, more because it is different genre than what i have been watching, it is of lesser duration (23 minutes per episode), less seasons and less episodes per season. In total i guess i will be spending less than 12 Hours (not at a stretch) to finish it.

Btw i am still not feeling that "i want to watch more" with this :S

Seems because of the new genre and also that laughter track thing is still so no no for me :no:

raksrules said:
Finished with House MD, all 7 seasons. Now have to wait till October for the season 8 to commence.

Started with IT Crowd, more because it is different genre than what i have been watching, it is of lesser duration (23 minutes per episode), less seasons and less episodes per season. In total i guess i will be spending less than 12 Hours (not at a stretch) to finish it.

Btw i am still not feeling that "i want to watch more" with this :S

Seems because of the new genre and also that laughter track thing is still so no no for me :no:

I wanna start with House too. Can you tell me if you felt the same addiction as Dexter, while watching House?

@Anti Showoff

Yes house is definitely very good and since both shows are of different genre i really cannot compare but House is brilliant to say the least. Hugh Laurie is just awesome. I never knew first that he was that champu dad in Stuart little movies.

And yes you better start watching now as it has quite a number of episodes per season and total 7 seasons.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Btw i am yet to find any good website / android app (have tvshowfavs free already, but it has no corresponding website) for managing TV shows and tracking them, segregating what is seen (episode wise, season wise etc etc). :(

have just finished Modern Family II, BBT IV, and about to finish House VI. Will finish Fringe III in this week too. Hustle 1-6 is currently downloading, massive 23GB :( What to watch now?

raksrules said:
Btw i am yet to find any good website / android app (have tvshowfavs free already, but it has no corresponding website) for managing TV shows and tracking them, segregating what is seen (episode wise, season wise etc etc). :(

Google search brought up this PC app: RS TV Show Tracker

Features seem really impressive

Project summary

RS TV Show Tracker is a software designed for TV show addicts – by a TV show addict.

The software allows you to keep track of all the TV shows you watch, by notifying you when a new episode was aired.

Key features of the software:

Full Aero interface and support lots of Windows 7 features, like progress bar in the taskbar.1

Display summaries and screen captures of the episodes for a quick recap.

Automatically mark TV shows as seen as you watch them in your video player!2

Search for torrents, Usenet and RapidShare links.

Search for subtitles in more than 30 languages and download them automatically near the video file.

Search for online videos on Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Megavideo and other services.

Search for downloaded episodes on your hard drive or network shares blazingly fast!3

Organize your downloaded TV show files with the built-in intelligent file renamer.

Create symbolic links to the downloaded files instead of renaming them, this way you can continue seeding them!4

Display fun statistics like the total time you’ve wasted watching TV shows.

Recommends you TV shows based on what you’re watching right now!

Open source software! Fork it, fix it, tailor it to your own needs!

1 The software only runs on Windows 7.

2 This is accomplished by monitoring the open file handles of your video player. If an episode is open for more than 10 minutes, it’s marked as seen.

3 Scanning a 1 TB local drive containing 11,016 files and 783 folders takes only 0.23 seconds!

4 This feature only works when the target directory is on an NTFS partition.

Site support

The software supports the following sites:

TV databases

Fully featured databases – shows episode summaries and screen captures

TVRage

The TV DB

TV.com

IMDb

AniDB

Wikipedia 1*

Episode-listing only

EPGuides – with TVRage data

EPGuides – with TV.com data

Download links

Torrents

Tv Torrents Ro

BroadcasTheNet

TvTorrents.com

TvStore

TheBox*

UKNova*

TheEmpire*

BitMeTV 2

nCore

bitHUmen

FileList.ro

BiT-HDTV

TV Vault*

ScienceHD*

The Pirate Bay

isoHunt

Demonoid

EzTV 3

Usenet

BinSearch

NZBClub

HTTP links

DirectDownload.tv

ReleaseLog

SceneReleases

Katz Downloads 4

PhazeDDL

Zunox

Twilight

PreDB release checks

ORLYDB

PreScene

Subtitles

Addic7ed

Subscene

OpenSubtitles

SuperSubtitles

Hosszupuska Subtitles

Podnapisi

Online videos

Hulu

BBC iPlayer

iTunes

Amazon Instant Video

SideReel – contains Megavideo and other online video links

Google search

Recommendation services

RS TV Show Recommendation – generated using people with similar taste

RS TV Show Recommendation – generated using genre and popularity filtering

TasteKid

Internally used search engines

Google Web Search API 5

Bing Search API 2.0

DuckDuckGo

* Features marked with a red asterisk are not yet available in the downloadable binary, however, they are available in the git repository.

1 Wikipedia support is very experimental and not yet selectable by users; every TV show has it’s own table and it’s hard to extract an episode listing.

2 BitMeTV’s support has been deprecated due to their decision to globally ban a whole country. Don't click here.

3 EzTV is currently not included because eztv.it’s search is bogus.

4 Unfortunately Katz.cd was hacked and there’s a good chance it won’t come back online. More infos here.

5 Unfortunately Google has deprecated all of their web search APIs, so while they still work, all methods which use it should be ported in time to Bing.

Future plans

Database synchronization – some if it is already implemented in the git repository

Run a light HTTP server

RSS for aired TV show announcements, torrent and NZB files

iCalendar for TV show air dates

@Boogey

Dude this looks really promising. Will try tonight when i go home. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Mephistopheles said:
Is House engaging enough? I've read that it gets repetitive.

It does get repetitive in the sense that all episodes deal with separate unrelated medical cases but what is interesting is how the lives of each of the individual characters proceed and the excellent acting by Hugh Laurie. So it will be like, you like it or you will hate it. May take time to grow.

Back