English TV series discussion

Started Person of Interest yesterday and watched the first 3 episodes. Looks decent. Hope the plot improves gradually.
Yes, it does.
And the show uses technical concepts such as AI and the portrayal of technology is much better and accurate once you buy the premise of a genius creating such machine on his own.

Yes, it does.
And the show uses technical concepts such as AI and the portrayal of technology is much better and accurate once you buy the premise of a genius creating such machine on his own.
Not to mention many other premises we have to keep buying as we go along (I'm talking about the second season finale here). The mystery of the machine is the only redeeming factor of the show as no one else has done such a thing as of yet.

Not to mention many other premises we have to keep buying as we go along (I'm talking about the second season finale here). The mystery of the machine is the only redeeming factor of the show as no one else has done such a thing as of yet.

Can you be more specific?

Watched GOT ep9.

It was brilliantly painful. I remember first reading the chapter two years ago (I am sort of a newbie when it comes to ASOIAF, read only Game of Thrones before the show), being devastated and then imagining how the scene would play out on TV. I can honestly say they did the Red Wedding in justice.

Michelle Fairley did an amazing job of portraying the most tragic and flawed mother, completely dead inside seeing the madness unravel in front of her. Bolton, Walder, Robb and even the added Talisa made the show be the hottest Internet story for three days. Good thing TV can shock in this digital era.

Other parts of the episode were also great. Arya at the door, being so close, yet forever away. Bran and Jon just ten meters apart caught in different storms. Jorah, Dario and Grey Worm kicking some serious power of three style asses.

Epic is the weakest attribute for this episode. Larger than life, heart breaking, nerve stretching, coma inducing. Welcome to the reality of Game of Thrones. It's the most difficult game to play.

Buddy please post your comments(read long comments) regarding GoT on below thread.
http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/game-of-thrones-asoiaf-thread.149357/

Thanks !!

I got my friend's HDD, it has got lot of Serials.

Please suggest which are worth watching:
Crossed ones are already watched.

47007848.jpg
My suggestion would be Avatar both Airbender & Korra, Supernatural and Heroes Season 1. I have watched all these and enjoyed. Planning to watch Smallville or Lost or Game of Thrones...I would also suggest Walking Dead, if you haven't. Let me know how did you find Lost and Game of thrones..?

My suggestion would be Avatar both Airbender & Korra, Supernatural and Heroes Season 1. I have watched all these and enjoyed. Planning to watch Smallville or Lost or Game of Thrones...I would also suggest Walking Dead, if you haven't. Let me know how did you find Lost and Game of thrones..?

Thanks !!
Lost : Its a bigggg damn series, many suspense & secrets of Island keep the story alive till 5th season.
Story dwindles in 5th and 6th season, didn't like the ending for this, since many questions are still unanswered.
Go for it if you like Indiana Jones movies, lots of suspense and secrets :p, getting solved in relaxed manners.
Each season got 20 - 24 episodes and of 90mins length.

GoT: Its one of the highest rated(and downloaded) series.
Go for it, story progresses slowly but keeps the audience attached.
Don't expect much violence n nudity as shown in Spartacus :D[DOUBLEPOST=1370617099][/DOUBLEPOST]
Avengers

Battlestar Galactica

The Shield

Spartacus

And pls pls delete The Vampire Diaries

Thanks !!
Few people voted for TVD, can't delete it.
I think you have watched lots of Resident Evil types of movies, so no further interest.
I have to check it personally,[DOUBLEPOST=1370617286][/DOUBLEPOST]
X-FILES!, i saw a few episodes on fx or something and was blown over by how amazing the show is, its on my immediate watchlist.

Thanks !!
Will take this first, since I am bored of Spartacus, Rome and now GoT !!
Season 3 episodes are taking hell lot of time to download.
So X-files, 1st choice :cool:

LOST is the biggest POS series since the inception of time. Idiots keep going round and round and you keep watching cause you heard the hype and hope something will happen in the next episode but it never happens and the end is such a farce. 7 Seasons worth of my time that i'l never get back :O

I got "lost" after 4th season.

@haris5sani X Files, Mad Men, Modern Family, Suits there are a number of good shows on TV though backdated and/or censored.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw 11 episodes of Person of Interest and the plot has suddenly become interesting! :eek:

Carter has become more or less like a central character along with her counterpart Fusco and Finch's occasional humor cracks me up!

Noticed a goof up yesterday. Reese is speaking to Finch over his iPhone and the screen was on when he held it against his ears indicating the 'slide to unlock' screen. :hilarious:

Saw 11 episodes of Person of Interest and the plot has suddenly become interesting! :eek:

Carter has become more or less like a central character along with her counterpart Fusco and Finch's occasional humor cracks me up!

Noticed a goof up yesterday. Reese is speaking to Finch over his iPhone and the screen was on when he held it against his ears indicating the 'slide to unlock' screen. :hilarious:

Glad you liked it. It gets even more interesting in later episodes.
Oh, and check this out (if you haven't already).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Glad you liked it. It gets even more interesting in later episodes.
Oh, and check this out (if you haven't already).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
Everyone, at least at some level, knew that the USA government were tracking everything. I don't think they have the AI capabilities to sort out the noise from the relevant information though, but they have already begun. They can spy on anyone manually. A few years from now, who knows, maybe we'll have a machine of our own.

It will be interesting to see how PoI incorporates into their story, if they do it at all. Just think what the general public would do if they came to know about the machine. I think that would be the end goal Jonathan Nolan would be aiming for; whether humans can trust a machine with their privacy and lives.

New luther Season 3 trailer is out and is damn Awesome...and Alice is in it...

YAY for Alice! Love her role on the show.

On a side note, I stayed up till 3 AM last night watching back-to-back episodes of Orphan Black. I should have completed the whole season, but saved 4 episodes for tonight. It's a highly interesting show.

Everyone, at least at some level, knew that the USA government were tracking everything. I don't think they have the AI capabilities to sort out the noise from the relevant information though, but they have already begun. They can spy on anyone manually. A few years from now, who knows, maybe we'll have a machine of our own.

It will be interesting to see how PoI incorporates into their story, if they do it at all. Just think what the general public would do if they came to know about the machine. I think that would be the end goal Jonathan Nolan would be aiming for; whether humans can trust a machine with their privacy and lives.

PoI already incorporated Stuxnet in the storyline, so I'm expecting this to be in the series.

Back