English TV series discussion

If you are in the mood for serious stuff, go for The Shield. Very similar tone to Breaking Bad. Quite intense and with superb acting. I've recommended it to quite a few members here and there have been high praises all around. @Gannu
If you are in the mood for something different, light drama and some humour, check out Justified. Again, brilliant acting and direction.
If you are in the mood for something light and fluffy, go for Modern Family or Parks and Recreation.

done with all 8 seasons of peep show. im really sad that no other show can now live up to this standard of humour. started watching father ted. finding it really boring. will watch a few more episodes before giving a verdict

I am very less into comedy shows but there are few i have seen/still see

TBBT (has not been great recently)
Parks and Recreation, very good comedy
It's always sunny in Philadelphia, really like this

Btw i would want to see no nudity shows as i watch my TV series daily while traveling in company bus. Not much at home.

Modern Family is procured, in fact i have GeeBees of stuff procured but it gets confusing on what to start next. Because initially when starting a new series, it takes some time to get adjusted to it and start liking it.
Since Sherlock is small (less episodes) and i have seen lot of praises everywhere, i have started that today.

I am very less into comedy shows but there are few i have seen/still see

TBBT (has not been great recently)
Parks and Recreation, very good comedy
It's always sunny in Philadelphia, really like this

Btw i would want to see no nudity shows as i watch my TV series daily while traveling in company bus. Not much at home.

Modern Family is procured, in fact i have GeeBees of stuff procured but it gets confusing on what to start next. Because initially when starting a new series, it takes some time to get adjusted to it and start liking it.
Since Sherlock is small (less episodes) and i have seen lot of praises everywhere, i have started that today.

Sherlock is definitely good and I would highly recommend watching The Shield and Justified as well. Both of them are awesome series.

Banshee renewed for 3rd season:

10059_10152542275079256_305250883_n.jpg

Good news! Been following it religiously. We are watching the S2 episodes during our Saturday lunch at home. :p

If you are in the mood for serious stuff, go for The Shield. Very similar tone to Breaking Bad. Quite intense and with superb acting. I've recommended it to quite a few members here and there have been high praises all around. @Gannu

Yep, The Shield is one of my all-time favourites. :)

I am done with all the seasons of Burn Notice. I really liked this show. Enjoyed it a lot. Now onto imdb for some more fix on the show.
Tomorrow starting with Sherlock.

Guys any suggestions for any ended series ? But not pre-2000 year please. I like to start with series that have ended so i don't have to wait for next season.

Just FYI..the following shows (which have ended) i have already seen..

Prison Break
Lost
Hustle
House
Weeds
Monk
Lost
Leverage
Fringe
Firefly
Entourage
Dexter
Chuck
Breaking Bad
Boston Legal

And probably many more

Shows i have rejected and will probably not see anymore (have seen few episodes/seasons)

Six Feet Under
Sopranos
The Mentalist
first two seasons of Suits are fabulous.

I am done with all the seasons of Burn Notice. I really liked this show. Enjoyed it a lot. Now onto imdb for some more fix on the show.
Tomorrow starting with Sherlock.

Guys any suggestions for any ended series ? But not pre-2000 year please. I like to start with series that have ended so i don't have to wait for next season.

Just FYI..the following shows (which have ended) i have already seen..

Prison Break
Lost
Hustle
House
Weeds
Monk
Lost
Leverage
Fringe
Firefly
Entourage
Dexter
Chuck
Breaking Bad
Boston Legal

And probably many more

Shows i have rejected and will probably not see anymore (have seen few episodes/seasons)

Six Feet Under
Sopranos
The Mentalist

Spartacus?

Completed Person of Interest season 2. It was a pretty good season apart from a couple of boring episodes in between.

Now started Orange is the New Black season 1.

Modern Family is a very underrated comedy show. Just give it a few episodes to know the characters and you will love it afterwards. And it is getting better every season.

Modern Family is a very underrated comedy show. Just give it a few episodes to know the characters and you will love it afterwards. And it is getting better every season.
What makes you say its underrated, it has won quite a few awards and is quite popular! Btw, it is a brilliant show, would like it if they gave the gay couple a little lesser air time, but still enjoyable most times.

What makes you say its underrated, it has won quite a few awards and is quite popular! Btw, it is a brilliant show, would like it if they gave the gay couple a little lesser air time, but still enjoyable most times.
noooo....lily is one of the best characters on the show.

Modern Family has been pretty good over all these seasons but don't you guys think the plot has become a bit jaded?

In each of the families, somebody does something stupid in every episode and then somehow they all unite and become one big happy family. I can understand that the underlying concept behind the show is "family" but to do that every episode? Doesn't it get a little bit of that "Oh this is what happened in the last episode too.." feeling?

I watch it on a weekly basis so I don't feel this all that much but imagine someone trying out a marathon of all seasons - they're bound to get that feeling, don't you think?

Completed 2.5 episodes of season 1 of Sherlock. To be frank I am not really finding it much interesting. It is the detective story who is like genius and all and does deductions based on observation.
Is it because I have seen Monk and this being almost similar, I am not finding it interesting ?

Modern Family has been pretty good over all these seasons but don't you guys think the plot has become a bit jaded?

In each of the families, somebody does something stupid in every episode and then somehow they all unite and become one big happy family. I can understand that the underlying concept behind the show is "family" but to do that every episode? Doesn't it get a little bit of that "Oh this is what happened in the last episode too.." feeling?

I watch it on a weekly basis so I don't feel this all that much but imagine someone trying out a marathon of all seasons - they're bound to get that feeling, don't you think?

It has been going downhill since the end of season 2, dunno why i still watch it.

reviving blacklist discussion. i love the show. i cant get enough of spader's witty repartees. also the intriguing backstory which gets peeled off a little each episode concerning red's motives is a plus point.the only thing holding the show back is the other characters. megan boone is hard to be considered a fbi agent and she has such dull expressions from time to time. her husband 's acting is irritating and her boss looks and talks constipated all the time.

modern family is cool and enjoyable dramedy. but anyone who thinks its comedy needs to watcn coupling,it crowd, the office, peep show first and then talk.

Back