English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

Greenleaf said:
So I've been watching Entourage for a while now and it's really starting to blow. It's the same thing every episode.

Drama makes boorish comments each episode.
Turtle is just aggravating-tries way too hard to be hip.
Vince is sooo carefree and doesn't worry about anything.

Ari is overly dramatic and just insults everyone.
E is boring.

WTF? I'm upto Season 3 and I absolutely love every episode so far.How can you possibly complain about the characteristics of the characters? that is how there are supposed to be.

"Silence is F*cking golden!":eek:hyeah:

If anyone is bored with lack of episodes, try some oldies.

I recommend those who are fond of medical shows to watch ER "ER" (1994). First 4-5 seasons put the shows like Greys anatomy and Scrubs (well scrubs is really a comedy so its excused ) to shame. This gets as close to actual medicine on television.

After season 6 it slightly goes downhill but still better than almost any other medical show. Only House M.D. is comparable when it comes to class of acting and overall environment.

Talking of oldies, I'm watching the Degrassi series nowadays. Pretty decent till where I've reached.

Greenleaf said:
So I've been watching Entourage for a while now and it's really starting to blow. It's the same thing every episode.

Drama makes boorish comments each episode.

Turtle is just aggravating-tries way too hard to be hip.

Vince is sooo carefree and doesn't worry about anything.

Ari is overly dramatic and just insults everyone.

E is boring.

The first season was interesting and somewhat unique, but the series quickly - very quickly - became predictable, boring, and well, stupid. I know that Entourage isn’t meant to have depth, but even for a light, “fun” show, it plainly sucks, its probably one of the worst shows i've ever seen.

Agreed . Even i started watching entourage after reading these raving reviews from people. I finished watching the first season and the half of second , i find it just plain OK. Its supposed to be hip and care-less kind of show, but then there is no excitement or eagerness to watch the next episode. I just watch it when I am free and have nothing more interesting to do.

Except that I loved the scene from Queens Boulevard , when its raining and vincent talks to this guy on the road and starts walking away and after a few steps stops and turns back to say " Are you kidding , I am Queens Boulevard" . I liked that look of his as an actor than what he is in the serial. Too bad thats the only scene we got to see from the movie

No need to get worked up fellas, i just wrote what i felt about it.

If you "enjoy" the show, good for you.:)

Peace.

has anyone seen a show called six degrees and if so, is it worth getting? i came across the name somehow and it does seem intriguing reading about it on imdb... just that it was cancelled after one season and it would be a slow torrent to download so i wanted to know if it was worth the effort.

^^ if you enjoy teen dramas then you could check out the Degrassi series. Its shaping up nicely till what I've seen.

chiron said:
^^ if you enjoy teen dramas then you could check out the Degrassi series. Its shaping up nicely till what I've seen.

from the description it sounds like skins which i didn't like much. plus it has 160 episodes :S

chiron said:

spindoctor said:
from the description it sounds like skins which i didn't like much. plus it has 160 episodes :S

Any suggestions :S

Maybe something along the lines of The Wire?

I checked tvt.ro for the Degrassi series.. it aint there :(

^^ I've mentioned Homicide: Life on the Street as a worthy predecessor to The Wire so many times on this forum. Its pretty good upto the 4th season with some truly excellent 2-3 episode arcs. The one where a guy takes kids hostage in a school is probably as good as the best episodes of The Wire.

Degrassi(and I am not talking about its newest iteration) is nothing like The Skins. I think it is more along the lines of a show like Boy Meets World but way better.

chiron said:
Degrassi(and I am not talking about its newest iteration) is nothing like The Skins. I think it is more along the lines of a show like Boy Meets World but way better.
Excellent! I loved Boy Meets World & still have all it's seasons. Just to confirm, the Degrassi you're talking about is the 1987 version, right?

Read a few reviews on metacritics and am now grabbing Six Feet Under + Mad Men.

Any TE reviews for the same ?

If you are looking for funny stuff watch:

The Big Bang Theory
&
My Name is Earl.

log 1 = 0 said:
Watched it last year or so, liked it.. Actors are pretty good and i even liked the story... Try it..

alright i'll queue it up. thanks for the tip.

stalker said:
Read a few reviews on metacritics and am now grabbing Six Feet Under + Mad Men.

Any TE reviews for the same ?

six feet under is awesome. it's from alan ball, the creator of american beauty and true blood and it's better than both of them. it's a really good drama that gets corny in season 4 but it's still worth watching. the series finale episode is hands down the best piece of television i have ever seen, and i've seen quite a lot. of course, that's right at the end but i definitely recommend the show.

mad men is supposed to be good but i never could get into it. fell asleep twice in the pilot episode alone and that was that :bleh:

Back