Car & Bike Enlivening an old dream..Yamaha RX135 !

Mohit said:
@Sunny

Is the bike in the video a 5-speed one? You replaced the silencer kya?
hope u heard me telling "stock muffler" :p plus its a RX100 chrome pipe. catcon pipes suck ass :| there is a hidden secret to that music :p :D

Replace Air Filter - No need

Clutch plate - Yes

Carburetor - Just cleaning

Spark Plug - Yes

Gear Oil - Yes

Engine Oil - Engine oil? :S hope you meant 2T oil. Get elf 2t oil, good for the price its selling

Clean and decarbonize silencer - No need

Clean Piston Head - Strict NO

Lubricate chain set, adjust slack - Yes

Brake pad - Yes

Wheel balancing and alignment - Yes

Oil Seals - No need unless oilf rom engine is leaking

Battery - No need

Horn - No Need

Shock Absorber Oil - Yes

^^^ Check my comments

SunnyBoi said:
hope u heard me telling "stock muffler" :p plus its a RX100 chrome pipe. catcon pipes suck ass :| there is a hidden secret to that music :p :D

My mechanic was also always telling me to replace my catcon silencer with the old one. Now looking at you, I might just do it :p

Stock RX100 silencers are available I guess.

And would love to know the sound secret ;)

@SnS

Ya these bikes do require engine oil and 2T oil both. I don't know why Sunny is confused :S

You'll lose 3-4KMPL with the chrome pipe. be warned

@SnS,Mohit : Engine Oil, gear oil and 2T oil? :S lol.

engine il = oil shich goes to engine, viz 2T oil. gear oil has nothing to do with the engine part.

^^Its gear oil I guess then :p

How frequently do you need to change the gear oil? And also temme how much of 2T oil do you pour in the 2T oil tank. Excess results in lot of smoke. What is the correct level?

Gear oil I havent changed since 6-7K :S ideally change in 4K KMs.

2T oil I dont use the tank. My oil pump failed twice almost leading to a seizure. since then junked the oil pump and the tank. I mix oil with petrol.

Heh. I have a 250ml bottle. fill it with oil, take to petrol bunk. 8L petrol, pour full contents :p everytiem i reach reserve

^^Haha. Ok. Any idea how much does the chrome silencer cost though? The RX100 one? Last I had checked it was for something under 1k here. Don't remember correctly though.

New one from showroom sould be 1-1.2k.

Ooold silencers from junkyards sound much better than newer ones. I'm using one from the junkyard now.

Avoid chassis painting. Check for the rust in your tank. Most prolly i feel that tanks rusted badly.

Better buy a new tank + side panels for 3.5K rather than spend 2K on paintjob. You can sell your old set for ~1K. That extra 500 or 1000 is really worth it :)

greenhorn said:
dude , a stock RX will beat a stock P 180 in a drag even today :p
modded P 180's and higher speeds are another thing though
Nikhil said:
HIGHLY doubtful....
SunnyBoi said:
@Greeny : Nope, RX100 will be owned by many 150ccs nowadays :)
greenhorn said:
i just meant the initial acceleration, i mean at traffic lights etc. On open roads , the newer bikes rule :)
Stock RX100 stands no chance against P150 or the likes, even at the lights- with similarly able riders.
RX100 fares far worse in higher gears.
Archish- '97 make means definitely RXG. :p

How many kms has the bike run- though i really will assume much more than it shows for reasons known to all. :p

Replace Air Filter - No need unless torn or flaking- just clean, oil lightly and refit
Clutch plate - Yes- subject to inspection
Carburetor - Just cleaning
Spark Plug - Yes- Definitely- Get a Genuine NGK BP8HS- thrice the price of Mico- expensive but the Mico W5BC plain sucks imho.
Gear Oil - Yes- Castrol GTX extra- 20W50- buy from reputed Castrol auth dealer- take bill- Castrol has fakes- esp Delhi
Engine Oil - the one that goes in the oil tank behind the side panel- anything works for daily use- most are Jaso FC now- recommended- Elf, HP, Shell, BP- Castrol had become horrendously overpriced iirc- But Castrol JettX was the thing to use at one point of time, miles ahead inperf- later even the product for the masses, SuperTT became very pricey.
Clean and decarbonize silencer - Not necessary- but do inspect for too much oil residue.
Else bike will smoke a lot and one may think oil pump is set high and reduce that and might end up seizing the bike.
Helps avoid wrong decisions.
Clean Piston Head - Strict NO- Please no
Lubricate chain set, adjust slack - Yes, also inspect chain and sprockets for too much wear- replace with oem ones if need be
Brake pad - Yes- get oem stuff
Wheel balancing and alignment - Yes- again subject to inspection- do it even if slightest doubt-- will help in deciding what is wrong if bike doent handle well- wheels will be out of the question as balanced and will point towards problem lying elsewhere.
Oil Seals - engine ones or front fork ones?? any case- No need unless oil from fork/engine is leaking, even if one fork leaks, change oil seals for both
Battery - decide after some days of use- get it checked, topped up and charged if weak- if still weak, get charging ckt chked- else replace with new battery of proper type
Horn - No Need, just adjust for proper sound with engine at a fast idle- it still not good enough, replace
Shock Absorber Oil - Not necessary unless the forks feel soft/hard/leaking- even if one fork leaks, change oil seals for both and same amount of oil in both as per manual

Preferably replace throttle and clutch cables unless really smooth and friction free.
Else get Suprajit Friction free cables and never never oil them. :p
They go hard if you oil them unlike cheap cables that need oiling and still don't work as smooth. :)

Get the power box cleaned with some fresh petrol- fill, shake, rinse, empty, dry, refit. :)

Check the steering for jerkiness/knocks.
Might need to replace ball bearings or cone set. :)

Check the sprockets for wear and tear.
Regrease wheel bearings- replace if worn out.

Check electricals and replace any faulty bulbs with good ones of proper rating.

Check tyres+tubes- torn, cracked tyres and tube with many repairs is better replaced with new ones. :p

If tank is not badly rusted inside, get it cleaned and then get it epoxy coated from inside by some good paint shop. :)

That's all i could remember for now. :ashamed:

vishalrao said:
i never understood why the rx100 was so popular - maybe coz of high reliability and cheap maintainance a la maruti 800 or something? back in college (around 1996-8) the suzuki shogun (110cc 14 bhp of free revving goodness with tacho) was the hotness for me :) loved the engine/exhaust note as well...

well,I too during pre-degree(PDC) and Engineering(97-2001) enjoyed RX-100!oh man!such a bike!I owned my RX-100 for 6 years till it met with an accident!!!

although shogun is full of complaints IIRC.:p

If the original thread started dont care for fuel efficiency,why not try Rajdoot Yamaha RD-350? 27BHP(or 36BHP),twin engine 2-stroke got a film for its advertisement on its launch -"hero" back in 1982 with jackie and meenakshi sheshadri:tongue::tongue:

RD350 -

RAJDOOT YAMAHA RD350 Review

sunny did i miss something, where is the speedometer :p

And how much did the disc brake cost ?

BTW, very well maintained :)

@praka123 - nah, a yamaha rx135 will do fine now, a RD350 maybe after another 5 years, if the bike doesn't become extinct :rofl:

speedo is in my pocket :p :lol:

disc brake. hmmm it cost as much as your bike :p I have a Pulsar 200 front end, witht he 260mm disk brake. i can proudly say i have the only RX in india with such a setup :lol:

Nice bike there Sunny. Looking good. But I did not like the red paint on the front mud guard. Looks a little out of place. You have modded so it so much man. Headlight, indicators, back side, etc. Those disc brakes look cool. The last RXZ also came with discs I think. Won't those fit on a RX100 or RX135?

Back