Fuel price updates thread

Re: Petrol price increased by Rs3.14 per litre.

I thinks its been a fortnight since the last revision, so some change, up or down, was in order.

Considering the sky diving Rupee, I am not surprised. I actually expected it to rise a lot more.

malhotraraul said:
Party over, price hike expected within 48hrs.

UP elections over ????

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk .......

They not even started yet.

moreover they are planning to introduce a 2rs cess on petrol.

party over you petrolheads :p

wasn't following the news.
just when I saw this thread on the top - I knew....it hit again.
And yeah - it has indeed. damn....

^ Its supposed to be known as green tax. I do not know if they even know that Petrol pollutes a lot less then diesel.

Thank god my car gives 13kmpl.

Its not just 2Rs cess.
They also plan 3% Green tax on Petrol , and for diesel cars, they want to add 20% tax on the vehicle itself.
At least thats the proposal. Would be the most idiotic one to be honest.

They want to encourage people to use public transport is the excuse given by the panel. Come on, in a country which lacks the infrastructure to support effective mass transit options for people right now, they want to encourage more people to take public transport.

ggt said:
^ similar diesels give you better mileage :p
I know but what I said was just my attempt to remain in my cozy bubble where everything is alright :p
Shripad said:
Its not just 2Rs cess.
They also plan 3% Green tax on Petrol , and for diesel cars, they want to add 20% tax on the vehicle itself.

They want to encourage people to use public transport is the excuse given by the panel. Come on, in a country which lacks the infrastructure to support effective mass transit options for people right now, they want to encourage more people to take public transport.

In that case better buy a new car soon if they actually end up doing this.
The situation with public transport is very bad indeed. Even in Delhi it is a mess and too overcrowded. You should look at the metro during peak hours, it reminds me of the rush in blue lines, only difference there are a lot more people in there. No one can hang out on though.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

6pack said:
time to innovate guys. make something that runs on sea water or air.

That is if they perfect hydrogen cells.

Except the idiotic Reva, Which all electric and hybrid cars are on sale in India?

malhotraraul said:
Party over, price hike expected within 48hrs.

UP elections over ????
sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk .......

Nope dollar rupee culprit.

Also with 2rs green cess.It have been told to charge 7% on petrol and 20% on diesel vehicle sale which will make those idiots 2 lakh crore rupee richer every fnancial year.And within 10 years will add 22 lakh crore to their coffin.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

6pack said:
time to innovate guys. make something that runs on sea water or air.

Better plan start thinking about nitrogen which is abundant in atmosphere.

Shripad said:
Its not just 2Rs cess.

If they wanted people to use mass transit they should have laid new railway lines instead of the money swamp that is the golden quadrilateral and all the new 4+ lane highways. The increase in price for bitumen over the past decade makes the graph for petrol look flat.

mjumrani said:
Except the idiotic Reva, Which all electric and hybrid cars are on sale in India?

I can't recall but I guess there was a Honda Civic Hybrid version launched.

Economy wise, Diesel cars make a lot more sense than Hybrids in India because of our skewed pricing.

Shripad said:
Its not just 2Rs cess.

What the heck yar. I just cannot understand the new bills which the government is passing. Even with the 3% cess, the commodity is still bound to global volatility and it can still go up. With the Gulf on the brink of war again, it is just going to get worse. Regarding this being a proponent to encourage public transport, sorry to say to the government, I cannot travel in jam-packed cubicles and then take a man-pulled rickshaw (and pay him a bomb) everyday. This is just so ......... pi$$ing off. I cringe each time when I pull out my vehicle cause of fuel price. :(

I need a Diesel bike ASAP!!!

Or better still, a bike running on water!!

:lol:

chiron said:
If they wanted people to use mass transit they should have laid new railway lines instead of the money swamp that is the golden quadrilateral and all the new 4+ lane highways. The increase in price for bitumen over the past decade makes the graph for petrol look flat.
the golden quadrilateral was not built for the speed heads rather to improve the transport infrastructure in our country.
This is essential to improve the supply chain in the country.
Having said that they should have planned the public mass transport systems atleast for capacities 2 decades in the future. By the time those proposed development are out the population increase will easily negate the decongestion.

Had driven Prius a couple of months ago.

Didn't make any sense to spend that much and not buy a BMW X1 :bleh:

Back