Fuel price updates thread

Re: Petrol price increased by Rs3.14 per litre.

nehaladsul said:
I need a Diesel bike ASAP!!!

:lol:

You could get a used Enfield/Sooraj Taurus :D

Your pants bill wil go up though, unless you wear only black ones :D

Anyone watches The New Inventors on Discovery Science?
In one episode, a guy had this invention for bike that has an electric motor running on normal lead acid or lithium battery. Fun thing is you can remove that electric motor and take it with you and attach to another bike if required. And it was easily rechargeable too. Put a dynamo on to the bike wheel and you could recharge the battery while pedaling on muscle power.

^ diesel consumption decline is mainly attributed to people filling their tanks from haryana. so phail :bleh:

ggt said:
^ diesel consumption decline is mainly attributed to people filling their tanks from haryana. so phail :bleh:

i believe cheapest fuel in the country is available in Delhi

ggt said:

Doubtful as what ramanujpatro said is correct.
The only good reason to get it filled from there would be that they are about to run out of fuel before going on the expressway.

After all they bought diesel cars to save on fuel costs didn't they, now would they go on and spend more on that :p (Except of the turbo enthusiasts)

I really hate to see this thead "Petrol price increased by Rs3.14 per litre." in the top.

Everytime it comes 'up' with 'the' bad news. sigh !!

^ Even if they propose ,govt/ministry will reject the plea. We know what could be cause of rejection :bleh:

anyone heard of biodiesel being used in our country? its vegetable oil mixed in some ratio like 20, 30, 60% with diesel. seems cleaner than normal diesel and also almost no pollution.
only thing needed to be changed is the fuel pipes from tank to engine and some other rubber parts. even used cooking oil can be used in this.

A friend of mine is doing production trails and me planning to use it my Xtrail for test run :).Karnataka State buses are already using biodiesel.

ggt said:
the golden quadrilateral was not built for the speed heads rather to improve the transport infrastructure in our country.
This is essential to improve the supply chain in the country.
Having said that they should have planned the public mass transport systems atleast for capacities 2 decades in the future. By the time those proposed development are out the population increase will easily negate the decongestion.

My point is that not only would better rail infrastructure have made it cheaper and faster to transport people/goods, it would have saved a ton of money in terms of periodic maintenance in the long run.

chiron said:
My point is that not only would better rail infrastructure have made it cheaper and faster to transport people/goods, it would have saved a ton of money in terms of periodic maintenance in the long run.

no matter how much you develop the rail infrastructure. for transporting perishable item (foods) you end up depending on the road transport. railways has certain limitations. it cant reach to each and every village and our country's population is largely dependent on agriculture as an occupation. hence building such roads is essential.

Elections ON. Petrol hike OFF.

Can't we send a request the EC for polls in interval of 6 months in different parts of the country
<

Back