FUP, frustrated Airtel users - what alternatives?

Re: FUP, frustrated Airtel users - what alternatives???

thetoxicmind said:
It's been 25GB for quite a while. :(

Damn! Can't we REFUSE to accept this FUP change for old connections?

thetoxicmind said:
Your lucky it hasn't been implemented on your connection just yet. Freak out when you can! :p

So I am being lucky! I wonder how much I can continue getting away with it. I will be pushing 75GB by end of current billing cycle.

I was wondering whether FUP is relaxed for all Noida Airtel user. Any ideas?

You'll become a legend, if you try and succeed. :p

P.S: I tried pushing my luck with a ridiculous limit of 10GB (512Kbps) and after various exchanges at the appellate level, they were to consider revising the limit. Nothing ever happened though.

I'm now on the very same Swift 1099 plan. :|

rshri said:

So I am being lucky! I wonder how much I can continue getting away with it. I will be pushing 75GB by end of current billing cycle.
I was wondering whether FUP is relaxed for all Noida Airtel user. Any ideas?
I am using their 1799 plan for 4mbps with 50GB fup.
I get dl speeds of something like 5mbps and in the last month i had downloaded 150GB data and still i was getting 5mbps. This month i have already downloaded 38GB this weekend. Lemme see what happens this time. ;)

hellgate said:
I am using their 1799 plan for 4mbps with 50GB fup.

I get dl speeds of something like 5mbps and in the last month i had downloaded 150GB data and still i was getting 5mbps. This month i have already downloaded 38GB this weekend. Lemme see what happens this time. ;)

That's good to hear! 75-80GB per month is enough for my own needs. Lets hope us Noida-ites continue being lucky!

Hades. said:
Hows MTNL Broadband?
Pros-

VFM plans

Zero downtime (except for the fact that their building dosenn have fire safety equipments and catches fire once in 6 months or atleast i was a victim of the said scenario twice this year!!!)

No FUP

Cons:

Pathetic Customer service (It will be more like owners at service)

but again u hardly have a reason to call them. In my 4 yrs of MTNL usage i have had to call them only an average of twice a yr.. (Thankfully!!)

Disconnected my Airtel line yesterday :D
Spent the first night without the internet last night since the past 5 years.

psyph3r said:
Disconnected my Airtel line yesterday :D
Spent the first night without the internet last night since the past 5 years.

Am also planning the same... Are you moving to some other ISP or using EVDO tech?

EDIT: How's BSNL evdo for online video streaming??

I freaked out about this FUP s*it about 6 months ago...then I was so frustrated that I tried 2 cable connection guys...and finally settled on reliance wimaxx 1 mbps about 4 momths ago...it has been a wonderful switch for me...there has been no downtime and i keep my system up 24 x 7...it is totally unmetered...havent dealt with the service center guys yet but I would still consider it worth dealing with them then an immoral cheater company like airtel....sellling half as sit products to customers...

Go for wimax but one thing you should check is if you have a direct view of reliance wimax tower from your terrace...since that is an important factor for uninterrupted connectivity

MnVn

For last 5 month I am observing that Airtel in not following FUP Strictly.

e.g - If they say you have 10Gb FUp they will cut off your speed at around 30 Gb or so..

This is happening continuously and I confirmed with 4-5 other friends of mine in different area of Delhi...

I guess they have decided to increase FUP limit but not officially ...

iamddevil said:
psyph3r...
what did you get instead?
Nothing, a frnd in my area has Tikona which runs well for him.
asked for a demo this weekend. else the plan is to use dad's reliance netconnect at home and use the office 45mbps line for downloads :D

^ Their VFM plans aside, Tikona has a very poor reputation here, as far as reliability is concerned.

+1 ^^... I was fed up with their high latency (2000ms and above) and never got speeds of 1MBps. The support was pathetic.
Had to call the nodal officer 3 times a day... atlast threw the device out of my place... and went for the "National ISP" BSNL.

^ Well, they have their own share of problems, clubbed with the typical sarkari service and support. Nevertheless, a decent option for some. :)

Well I have a 75gb FUP but they don't seem to follow it. I've downloaded 200gb this month and nothings happened so I'm happy with Airtel.

Tikona...has biggest problem of allocating more number of connections then they could handle...This reduces net speed considerably when all users connect.

In my area although I have taken 750kbps at night between 8pm-12am I get very slow speeds (thats when all office going crowd of my area connect)..speeds go down to as much as 80-100kbps instead of 750....

when you call up customer care, they will say they will send u a ticket number in another 6hrs(bullshit) but that never reaches us and problem never solves.

I called up their local engineer who takes care of connection...he said we have allocated a connection for 47ppl whereas max bandwidth which could be provided is for 32..hence speeds will be slow when everyone connects....

Thats total Bullshit..other times when less no of ppl are connected...speeds are good..

wr8_utd said:
Well I have a 75gb FUP but they don't seem to follow it. I've downloaded 200gb this month and nothings happened so I'm happy with Airtel.
Same here. Never had a problem with airtel.

Back