CPU/Mobo Getting DFI mobos in India officially

Update :

I had called up DFI even yesterday they have not been responding that fast, you will hear on it soon.
Thanks & Regards,
Vinod

Director Sales & Marketing

Tel:+ 91-44-24362680 / 81

Fax : +91-44-52154188

Hand Phone : +91-94444-06588

email : vinod@antecindia.com

Can someone from here contact DFI and do something abt. this, maybe Funky ???

I have made contact with DFI long time back. For their official entry in India some distros from here needs to contact them first.

Anyway i will try and forword details to DFI about indian distros in detail and try to get them talking but dont know if it will help.

If someone from here is ready to take initiative i am sure there is a way. By someone i mean distros in India.

Funky, didn't u go thro' this thread in full ? Read my post in the previous page. I had contacted TheITDepot and they had already contacted DFI and are in the 2nd Level of talks. But after that DFI seem to have backed off, dunno why.

I didn't read the full thread but ...aren't DFI boards already available here? i was able to get a quote from my dealer for a DFI Nforce4 SLI...or is the whole issue regarding support?

Dont know which country you are from but DFI is long gone from Indian market. They pulled out 1 and half - 2 year ago.

@Freaky, yes i have read this thread millions of time in past ;)

DFI pulled out bcoz of distro dispute in past. I am sure this time they will be more conservative and distros here needs to convince them that will not happen in future.

DFI has certain pricing structure in there mind. They dont want their product crossing certain value. And that lead to cut in dealer profit last time and our dealers and distros refused to deal with DFI and DFI refused for larger cut. Thats what happened in the past. If both parties remain regid then thats gona happen again.

And whatever the case it will take some time for sure. And they need to persue DFI more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got another mail from Mr. Vinod reassuring me that he WILL bring DFI to India and that he has no intentions on giving up.

DFI is willing to ship mbs to India. Those interested contact :
"WizWorks - Desmond Chan" <desmond at wiz dot com dot sg>

If anyone has prev experience with importing mbs, let us know how it went.

DFI nForce3 250 (754) LanParty UT is USD 89.

PS : This is my first post. Hi guys.

@PoBoy: Firstly, Welcome to TE! :)

Thanks for that bit of info. Lets see if any interested folks go ahead with it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
PoBoy said:
DFI is willing to ship mbs to India. Those interested contact :
"WizWorks - Desmond Chan" <desmond at wiz dot com dot sg>

If anyone has prev experience with importing mbs, let us know how it went.

DFI nForce3 250 (754) LanParty UT is USD 89.

PS : This is my first post. Hi guys.

Gee ! Waaaay back in Feb/March this year my friend and I had contacted dfisales@wiz.com.sg querying if you would ship DFI LP UT nf4 Ultra-D boards to India based on a US$ personal check or CC. Since there was no response eventually chose to get that board from the US.

Anyways many thanks for coming over since there sure is a very eager bunch of enthusiasts here seeking to buy DFI boards.

Welcome PoBoy :) !

You can buy the board from DFI directly provided you are ready to make electronic bank transfer. Thats the only mode of payment they accept and not CC or Personal cheque.

Well, any mode of payment was fine ! The point was that there was no response.

And it's indeed nice if you could get the board from DFI directly with wire transfer.

And as an aside, with wire transactions, there is a fee you've to cover/bear on either end. But if that's the only mode that is entertained and if you're desperate, then the options are clear ;) ! Also, if you have a local $ account (RFC etc.) things may a li'l simpler.

It's DONE !!!!!! DFI have signed up !!!!! Let's kick-ass !!!! ASUS is gonna have some really tough time ahead. And all u BH-5 fans and owners, get ready to rock the floor !!!!! :hap2: :hap2: :hap2:

HI Mahesh,
What’s up !!
Wanted to update you on DFI .. we have signed up national distribution for India and you can see action on DFI soon in India from us.

Do let me know products of your interest and also you can float my e-mail contact in the forum so that they can share their inputs on DFI products.
Its your initiative !!!
Thanks & Regards,
Vinod

Director Sales & Marketing

Tel:+ 91-44-24362680 / 81

Fax : +91-44-52154188

Hand Phone : +91-94444-06588

email : vinod@antecindia.com

Waiting for more replies and more reps ;)

@ Zho, no idea, pal. We have to contact Vinod to let him know that a lot of ppl. r interested in DFI. He wants to know all the popular DFI products so that he could place the order.

Back