Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Its yet to be seen on how much it will affect miners, if it does and mining is no longer profitable, we'll see GPU's being sold at a lower price.
Both new and in the used market. Did the bubble just burst?
Its best to keep expectations in check. Ethereum transaction fees are very low right now that the block reward is 2.17 at whattomine.com. We'll assume that EIP 1559 will eliminate transaction fee reward to miners entirely (there may be small tip fees going to miners but we'll ignore that for now). That puts mining reward at 2.00 Eth which means we'll be seeing at most 10 to 20 % reduction in profits (mostly just 10 %).

The real thing will be when Ethereum transitions to Proof Of Stake which is when Ethereum won't be minable on gpus anymore and which is when I'm expecting a bloodbath. Its proposed to come in December this year although may be delayed.

Its best to keep expectations in check. Ethereum transaction fees are very low right now that the block reward is 2.17 at whattomine.com. We'll assume that EIP 1559 will eliminate transaction fee reward to miners entirely (there may be small tip fees going to miners but we'll ignore that for now). That puts mining reward at 2.00 Eth which means we'll be seeing at most 10 to 20 % reduction in profits (mostly just 10 %).

The real thing will be when Ethereum transitions to Proof Of Stake which is when Ethereum won't be minable on gpus anymore and which is when I'm expecting a bloodbath. Its proposed to come in December this year although may be delayed.
I think they are hand in glove with NVIDIA/AMD so that the stock gets sold. Because then the bigger companies wont be the one's to take a hit as they would have already with-drawn similar to what Elon did. He made 500 Million USD by selling BITCOIN and now cursing them, hypocrite.

If you didn't believe me when I said that the high price was not due to shortage (anymore?) check this out.
Retailers, distris, resellers almost everyone down the line were hoarding graphics cards. To be honest it was just a theory at first but I saw videos of the some sellers showing off their stock accidentally or intentionally and that confirmed it. The retailers who famously or infamously said the high costs were due to distris selling them combos by force, find them out and kick their asses for me please. What a load of bs. The obvious proof was there was absolutely no discount (I'm 100% sure because I checked the sites online regularly every single day!) on other components so no way for them "make a loss."
These scumbags are just taking us for a ride.

PS: one retailer (and possibly many more) has started looking for old gpus on fb. I bet these sellers want to resell them to end gamers at huge profits. Pathetic.

You just need to show bit more patience as once the bubble burst even retailers won't be able to hold these GPU with inflated prices to stay in business.

Expect good things ahead, though slower than expected as we all know how Indians work

It's the same old story. Why does price for onion and other vegetables goes high for certain months, its because of controlled supply and hoarding by these guys and no control check.
Yes except that the manufacturers here blame silicon shortage (while continuing to pump out unnecessary models), distris blame manufacturers, retailers blame distris etc. They used the supposed "shortage" as an excuse to make a shit ton of profits. As I said old models like 1050/1650/1660 etc are very much still in production/on sale. Just not at their old prices.

<break>

Graphic cards "shortages" guys... (This is a new video dated July 9, 2021).

Last edited:
Well its just plain biz... everyone got the damn reason to fluke and this might continue at least for 6 months until their are no takers and their gpus start rotting in their shops..
Rightfully said that these simply cry against online sellers but when it comes to services its esp. these days though few shops still value customers but the ones who got a mega lot will behave like a king with arrogance flowing...

I see 6700xt new card being listed for around $700 on ebay. Good drop in price i think

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353572081809 whats with these cards and why are they "cheap", newegg sells them for like 499
There will be price drop next week in all 3000
Around 20 to 30k or percent don't know exactly.
Confirmed with 2 distributors. (Rashi and acro) price drop for lhr cards only

Cool news Chetan, as a gamer if I get cheaper LHR card, I don't mind.

Ok so another shitty Rashi chi chi fake sale upcoming with price drop?
Cool news Chetan, as a gamer if I get cheaper LHR card, I don't mind.
As a gamer we shouldn't care if its lhr, rhr, chr or hr cards. What counts is we are able to get gpus at a relatively fair price.

Back