Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

1629649019850.png

1629648996583.png

Will encourage people even more.. talks only about core clock speeds no mention of anything about memory chip degradation
There is no such thing unless the miner is a novice or really doesn't care. If memory was damaged or degraded even a little bit you'd see artifacting in gaming or normal usage as well.
I understand perfectly well how memory intensive is ETH mining but if you tune your card well it's no different than deep learning or rendering or ultra high texture loads.

You wanna check how much the silicon or memory has degraded on a mining GPU? bump the memory clock by +100 and core clock by +50 and do a stress test at 70% fan speed (2fans) / 60% (3 fans). If you see crashes or artifacting steer clear of that card. You could try going up on memory even more but anything after +200 to +300 range is pure luck and doesn't mean the card is bad.

You ask a question and everyone is a cynic.
ita an exact answer to your question, in one of the forum threads you're ranting about returning GST Input back to Government. Same way if you can track trail of Cash, you should join IT.

Nothing cynical here, except you

ita an exact answer to your question, in one of the forum threads you're ranting about returning GST Input back to Government. Same way if you can track trail of Cash, you should join IT.

Nothing cynical here, except you
So apparently this monk has a problem taking things to the heart.
Time for the disciple to grow up.
With no apparent relevance if you desire a scene on the forum, I'm not going to give you that satisfaction.
Have a nice day

Will encourage people even more.. talks only about core clock speeds no mention of anything about memory chip degradation
I think there is some truth behind Linus's test conclusion, I was watching a Moore's Law Is Dead (which i find to be a relatively reliable youtube channel regarding hardware) video and he made an interesting point regarding Mining GPU vs Gaming GPU, since Mining GPU are under a constant load, they are less likely to develop faults compare to a card which is used for gaming and the load varies to extremes which causes temperature variation and might harm the electronics on the card.

I think there is some truth behind Linus's test conclusion, I was watching a Moore's Law Is Dead (which i find to be a relatively reliable youtube channel regarding hardware) video and he made an interesting point regarding Mining GPU vs Gaming GPU, since Mining GPU are under a constant load, they are less likely to develop faults compare to a card which is used for gaming and the load varies to extremes which causes temperature variation and might harm the electronics on the card.

Theories being completely opposite on impact of mining on health of GPUs exist. However, seen the recent LHR cards come with a bold warning stickers that this card is not intended for mining and it voids warranty

Theories being completely opposite on impact of mining on health of GPUs exist. However, seen the recent LHR cards come with a bold warning stickers that this card is not intended for mining and it voids warranty
..and how are they going to verify during RMA if the card was sued for mining?
They should in fact have something mechanism in place in bios or something like HDD firmwares where one can trace if they gpu was used for mining.

Once thats done, surely 70% mining will end! While 30% miners will find a way or two to tweak/fake/tamper the crap!

..and how are they going to verify during RMA if the card was sued for mining?
They should in fact have something mechanism in place in bios or something like HDD firmwares where one can trace if they gpu was used for mining.

Once thats done, surely 70% mining will end! While 30% miners will find a way or two to tweak/fake/tamper the crap!
Heard of BIOS Mods/Drivers Mod - ppl with knowledge of these used to do the stuff since C2D/P4 Era and now also you will find disassembler who will do the trick - except you tighten the system everywhere.

Heard of BIOS Mods/Drivers Mod - ppl with knowledge of these used to do the stuff since C2D/P4 Era and now also you will find disassembler who will do the trick - except you tighten the system everywhere.
Yes loopholes will be there which I already highlighted but a sure shot mechanism can render these mods useless.. It depends how the manufacturer wants to play as eod he will only care about sales and not if the product is going in the right hand or not!

In computing, you will always find some genius mind who will try to break free from the system
Wheres there's a lock there will be a key either generic or backdoor..
For hard drives one can reset every parameter before selling it which can even clear bad sector info. etc and much more. Thus one can showcase as if his hdd has zero isues etc.
This though is visible to everyone but there's one secure zone/lock where still all the real info. resides which only the service center people can view. So you can say the outer layer can be modded the way one wants but the inner ones stays intact and there's no way to mod it unless a hardware chip replacement.

It wont be difficult for mobos and gpus to implement such thing. Its a lock. Once broken cannot be fixed unless physically modded like de-soldering a chip etc.

If you can see, nothing is impossible from both ends but stringent parameters might curb it to certain levels as not everyone will risk a hardware mod. Here as well out of 100 only 5-10 might risk it!

Wheres there's a lock there will be a key either generic or backdoor..
For hard drives one can reset every parameter before selling it which can even clear bad sector info. etc and much more. Thus one can showcase as if his hdd has zero isues etc.
This though is visible to everyone but there's one secure zone/lock where still all the real info. resides which only the service center people can view. So you can say the outer layer can be modded the way one wants but the inner ones stays intact and there's no way to mod it unless a hardware chip replacement.

It wont be difficult for mobos and gpus to implement such thing. Its a lock. Once broken cannot be fixed unless physically modded like de-soldering a chip etc.

If you can see, nothing is impossible from both ends but stringent parameters might curb it to certain levels as not everyone will risk a hardware mod. Here as well out of 100 only 5-10 might risk it!
Only place I see this lock implementation as safest is Cloud or decentralized one but then privacy advocates will jump in stating their usage patterns are tracked. if the usage pattern can be tracked then the lock you mentioned is possible as hardware info can not be modified and not possible to update all record's

Back