Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

this sucks.also what fb groups can you please dm i want to join to buy second hand stuff. also trying to get my hands on a 2060 super around 20k or a 1080ti. i had a gtx 970 but i sold it since work took time and now that i have time i cant buy a gpu without paying ridiculous prices.
2060 super used at 20k now is impossible, used cards are selling at a premium too

Prices are actually stagnating a bit even for the lhr models now
Couple of days ago i had called a shop called I Tech Park on lamington road to ask for a hdd for my laptop out of curiosity i asked him what can he get me for 25-30k dude qouted me 32 for a zotac 1660ti. when i told he rehne do he began telling me how prices are only going to rise from now and this is a minor drop he was trying to fool me into buying his card.

Well a miner program today added some "hack" to unlock upto 70% of the full hashrate of the non-LHR cards on the LHR cards now. This basically means that LHR cards are now able to mine ETH at 70% of the hashrate of their non-LHR models.
Prices are gonna go up again bois...

I'm not gonna name the miner but pretty sure those who want to find out can on their own.
people have been able to unlock locked sm units on non ti gpu's i am sure they can turn this 70% into 100% anyways lets just wait now till q1 22 when eth goes pos.there will be a ton of used gpu's on the market then.

Well a miner program today added some "hack" to unlock upto 70% of the full hashrate of the non-LHR cards on the LHR cards now. This basically means that LHR cards are now able to mine ETH at 70% of the hashrate of their non-LHR models.

I'm not gonna name the miner but pretty sure those who want to find out can on their own.

Well things just keep getting worse.
Only hope is increased production and a crypto crash.

LHR cards are already more profitable with other coins and now this.

LHR cards are already more profitable with other coins and now this.
Any other coin besides ETH/ERGO sucks the life out of the GPU (as compared to ETH) because they need almost full power and utilizes the GPU core as well as memory.
ETH/ERGO mostly utilizes memory only thus needed very less power and keeping GPUs "happy". Furthermore efficiency also increases.

Right now RVN is more profitable for many GPUs than ETH but at the cost of running them at full power thus more electricity costs which many miners in India don't care about because they all wanted was to just jump on the hype train.

Nvidia is no less in creating utter Chaos at present.
3080 62k
3070ti 61k
What were they thinking?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-16-10-47-47-45_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-16-10-47-47-45_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_2021-08-16-10-47-26-68_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-16-10-47-26-68_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 84
Some Monday blues... Enjoy!

the gpu situation i so bad i have been trying to get a 1050ti or similar for days now,literally people are qouting 12k and 10k for used cards. a dude qouted me 7k for a rx 460. all the wrong people have the right cards.resellers are just swapping up cards like vultures within minutes of listing on olx. These people are just hoarding cards and that too entry level cards like 1050ti's which cant even mine good.

the gpu situation i so bad i have been trying to get a 1050ti or similar for days now,literally people are qouting 12k and 10k for used cards. a dude qouted me 7k for a rx 460. all the wrong people have the right cards.resellers are just swapping up cards like vultures within minutes of listing on olx. These people are just hoarding cards and that too entry level cards like 1050ti's which cant even mine good.
Its not like that. GPU owners are the kings right now no matter how lower end the card is they will ask for extra!

Thinking of selling my Vega 64 Liquid Edition (to a miner for miner prices, so don't get excited :p) and getting a newer card (require cuda for ML), but should I sell it or keep it to mine? It's not urgent, or necessary, but the prices are tempting af.
@mods please delete if this is not the right thread

Last edited:
Thinking of selling my Vega 64 Liquid Edition (to a miner for miner prices, so don't get excited :p) and getting a newer card (require cuda for ML), but should I sell it or keep it to mine? It's not urgent, or necessary, but the prices are tempting af.
I'd sell it right away if you're getting good price for it.
Also we need an interest check thread and the price check thread back.

If you don't need it then sell it.

Where are you learning ML from?

Also, a bit of unsolicited advice but if you want to brush up a little bit on linear algebra do try the Gilbert Strang's linear algebra book.

Happy learning!

Currently I'm running models with the sparse knowledge of Python and PyTorch, but I'm planning to do a coursera sourse for the same.
And thanks for the rec, will check it out! Much appreciated
Man do share the coursera course( is it Andrew Ng).
I found Gilbert Strang to be eye opening about algebra. I had studied from the general books they have in India ( RD Sharma, Ramanna) but Strang goes so much in detail and explains why this is the way it is. We need to send people to MIT, get them trained there and bring them back.
Sorry, I have very strong feelings about this. Lol.

LHR unlock is just a marketing strategy imo as AMD had launched 6600xt and was being crowned as the mining king and AMD sales were up since last 2 months.

LHR cards were underpriced, picked up in bulk by retailers and scalpers and now boom news is out so time to scalp and raise prices.

There is no demand from miners for these LHR cards but is just being tricked to create false demand and raise prices.

Back