Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

That's illegal. They cannot ID you. Does Nvidia have this in their RMA TnC? I doubt.
That is good to know. I had taken my own Logitech keyboard mouse combo to Logitech service center in Bangalore. For warranty replacement, they asked for bill and my ID. I didn't know I could refuse to give an id. They would have probably created trouble in warranty, not sure.

That is good to know. I had taken my own Logitech keyboard mouse combo to Logitech service center in Bangalore. For warranty replacement, they asked for bill and my ID. I didn't know I could refuse to give an id. They would have probably created trouble in warranty, not sure.
Who knows if this profiling is done on behalf of data hub providers. They might be paying these data entry points.

I'm sure of both, ID and non-transferable warranty. How would you impliment it?
Warranty is not transferable in case you have transferred your gpu to other person by way of second sale,by giving a affidavit on buyer name.warranty is void when title of ownership has changed like we do in vehicles.so gpu is transferred but not Warranty with it.If a new owner claims to be owner of gpu by way of second sale then he will not get Warranty on product as it's not transferable.If a gpu changes hand 50 times and title of ownership has not changed ie first buyer is has title of ownership nvidia will have to honor warranty.there is no way they can prove gpu was sold and if first owner wants he can claim over ownership any time and you have to hand him over card because he is legitimate owner of card in documents and documents is all that matters.so while buying a expensive item always take a affidavit on 10rs stamp paper declaring that I have sold this gpu to Mr???? for sum of rs ???? and he will be owner from now of said card,gpu,product and get it attested and keep it in safe place but do not claim title of ownership in documents or you will loose Warranty and it is safer for buyer this way he have proof of buying that product.
Any sale made without a bill is illegal in India if bill is lost you have to declare that you are owner of card with sr number etc and selling to Mr???? for sum of rs ??? and if buyer looses ownership of said product or a dispute arise over title of ownership then I will be responsible for that loss and will fulfill buyer loss.so that affidavits safeguards the right of buyer as a owner in case product is found to be fraudly acquired or by the way of theft.without a sale affidavit if a product is acquired by means of theft then on whose possession that product is found or recovered will be charged with theft even if he have paid amount there no way of proving it without a bill of second sale,affidavit.Seller have to buy a 10,20,50rs stamp from vendor and it will be recorded in ladger with seller signature. Then get it attested by a notary he will ask ID proof of seller and and get his signature in front of him and attest it.He will record this in his ladger serial number of stamp,seller signature,date,time,address of both buyer and seller.This stamp paper is valid all over India and in any court of law even if a seller sold you a theft item you are not liable for such theft.In some cases where seller rights can be effected in future buyer will also have to declare on stamp that in future buyer will be responsible for all things. we don't pay much attentions to these things and buys a product costing lakh of rupees from a person on internet who is at other end of country must ask for a affidavit from seller or buyer specially if product have a serial numbers and is recorded in documents it will cost only 100rs maximum but will surely save buyer or seller from getting in deep trouble some day.

Makes sense @ashoka1 ,
for the buyer and seller. But that affidavit will not get the buyer warranty as you said. So we are back where we started. Second sales will carry zero warranty. If any of the mods could clarify if one can make that sale thread or not.

Why are you guys discussing such mundane stuff.
If anyone asks why bill is in name of xyz and not your own, just say xyz is your brother and he is unable to come to claim warranty as he is out of station or something
Who is gonna verify who is your brother or not.
No one asks afaik....have gone to gigabyte 3 times....never asked bill......Msi also didn't ask bill.....let alone any id.....not even asrock did ask for anything.
But everyone has different outcome whenever one goes....but i would say keep the number of the seller with you and always ask say that you might call them in case rma is required in future.

Why are you guys discussing such mundane stuff.
If anyone asks why bill is in name of xyz and not your own, just say xyz is your brother and he is unable to come to claim warranty as he is out of station or something
Who is gonna verify who is your brother or not.
Exactly! Directly say he is on bed rest or met with an accident or has fled the country owing to scalping scam or is behind bars as he threatened with dire consequences to some service center guys.
..hearing this last reason they might rightfully immediately offer you an upgraded gpu for free telling dont ever visit here again!
No one asks afaik....have gone to gigabyte 3 times....never asked bill......Msi also didn't ask bill.....let alone any id.....not even asrock did ask for anything.
But everyone has different outcome whenever one goes....but i would say keep the number of the seller with you and always ask say that you might call them in case rma is required in future.
Before dealing in used market always ensure you come at a fair conclusion with the seller if in future any help is required he should be ready to offer the same irrespective of bills/invoices shared.
Else there are those sellers mostly saying "I have provided everything now dont drag me nor expect any further help". These are those type whose main purpose is to dump the product forgetting everything about it.

If you have original receipt,invoice,bill you are first owner it doesn't matter how much hands gpu has changed.Its loophole in US state law and nvidia and other companies are taking advantage of it to run away from liability.There is this use tax on second hand products and when you pays that tax it generates a new invoice with price voiding original nvidia bill. Most people sells gpu within one year and buys a new one.so nvidia have warranty of 3 years on papers only.warranties are for driving sale and protection from legal proceedings.
Here in India it doesn't hold any water because owner never changes in records there is no way to register a second hand gpu on your name even you have declaration from previus owner.and nvidia warranty is illigal they are giving warranty on person while indian law demands warranty on their product.if someone sue them in court they will not have awnser to it.its India not USA and law of land will dictate terms not any foreign country law.

If you have original receipt,invoice,bill you are first owner it doesn't matter how much hands gpu has changed.Its loophole in US state law and nvidia and other companies are taking advantage of it to run away from liability.There is this use tax on second hand products and when you pays that tax it generates a new invoice with price voiding original nvidia bill. Most people sells gpu within one year and buys a new one.so nvidia have warranty of 3 years on papers only.warranties are for driving sale and protection from legal proceedings.
Here in India it doesn't hold any water because owner never changes in records there is no way to register a second hand gpu on your name even you have declaration from previus owner.and nvidia warranty is illigal they are giving warranty on person while indian law demands warranty on their product.if someone sue them in court they will not have awnser to it.its India not USA and law of land will dictate terms not any foreign country law.
That's educating wrt the warranty. Guess one can f**k them if one goes to court for warranty issue.
But why do companies say that warranty is non transferrable on their sites. There must be something in law that they know about otherwise they would not say so.

Nvidia 3000 series gpu which have gddr6x have serius issue of vram temperatures and they are not solving it.it can be solved by simply changing thermal pads.If you complain to nvidia they will say 110c is normal for gddr6x memory but infect it too dangerous and that heat will eat up electronics parts and pcb in much short time if they changes it Gpu will last longer and nvidia will have less sale.If you ask nvidia to change pads they threatens it will void warranty.Gpu don't have any warranty void sticker you can open it and change thermal pads yourself but the original thermal pads are so bad they will break if you takes them off noway of saving them for future warranty issues.infact these are not thermal pads they have put cheap thermal paste and very thin fiberglass sheet to hold it together.so no one can remove it without tearing it apart.But it's india diassemble it and keep gpu parts in freezer for 2 hours and that pads will become hard and you can remove them without traring and save them for later use.if some have knowledge he can easily make same pads at home.its zinc oxide,silicon oil and thin fiber sheet.you can use any oil it doesn't matter.silicon oil doesn't dries for longer periods.i haven'looked for fiberglass sheets but I think they are easily available in market.If you change pads you don't have to see nvidia for more then 3 years

Nvidia 3000 series gpu which have gddr6x have serius issue of vram temperatures and they are not solving it.it can be solved by simply changing thermal pads.If you complain to nvidia they will say 110c is normal for gddr6x memory but infect it too dangerous and that heat will eat up electronics parts and pcb in much short time if they changes it Gpu will last longer and nvidia will have less sale.If you ask nvidia to change pads they threatens it will void warranty.Gpu don't have any warranty void sticker you can open it and change thermal pads yourself but the original thermal pads are so bad they will break if you takes them off noway of saving them for future warranty issues.infact these are not thermal pads they have put cheap thermal paste and very thin fiberglass sheet to hold it together.so no one can remove it without tearing it apart.But it's india diassemble it and keep gpu parts in freezer for 2 hours and that pads will become hard and you can remove them without traring and save them for later use.if some have knowledge he can easily make same pads at home.its zinc oxide,silicon oil and thin fiber sheet.you can use any oil it doesn't matter.silicon oil doesn't dries for longer periods.i haven'looked for fiberglass sheets but I think they are easily available in market.If you change pads you don't have to see nvidia for more then 3 years
They are thermal putty and gelid or some other sell it and costs like same as good thermal pads. So no need to worry.

That's educating wrt the warranty. Guess one can f**k them if one goes to court for warranty issue.
But why do companies say that warranty is non transferrable on their sites. There must be something in law that they know about otherwise they would not say so.
They are not giving warranty willingly it's in law to provide 3 years warranty or 1 year warranty other wise they will not get permission to sell product in Indian market.when they applies for sale in indian market they have to declare many things to get a license for sale and 3 year warranty is one of them.If a company sells cheap items in market without warranty and that thing malfunctions in 6,7 days company will not replace it because they didn't offered a warranty so whom people will blame? To indian govt because govt is bound to protect every right of indian citizen and because of their fault people got ripped off and how they allowed a company to operate in India without accepting terms and conditions mentioned in laws.
They are thermal putty and gelid or some other sell it and costs like same as good thermal pads. So no need to worry.
They are not same.i know of this for sure because I changed them and difference was in front of my eyes.nvidia putty is made of lowest grade chems while gelid type putty have some high thermal conductive compounds in it.there is day night difference.your vram temperature will not rise above 85 under normal Temps and nvidia will hit above 100 from start and gpu will thermal throttle at 110 crashing any game you are playing.gpu temperature rises slightly 3,4 degrees as heat is distributed evenly over heat sinks.tranfer heat to back plate and install a copper heat sink on plate your temperature will drop further 4,5 drgrees

Last edited:
They are not giving warranty willingly it's in law to provide 3 years warranty or 1 year warranty other wise they will not get permission to sell product in Indian market.when they applies for sale in indian market they have to declare many things to get a license for sale and 3 year warranty is one of them.If a company sells cheap items in market without warranty and that thing malfunctions in 6,7 days company will not replace it because they didn't offered a warranty so whom people will blame? To indian govt because govt is bound to protect every right of indian citizen and because of their fault people got ripped off and how they allowed a company to operate in India without accepting terms and conditions mentioned in laws.

They are not same.i know of this for sure because I changed them and difference was in front of my eyes.nvidia putty is made of lowest grade chems while gelid type putty have some high thermal conductive compounds in it.there is day night difference.your vram temperature will not rise above 85 under normal Temps and nvidia will hit above 100 from start and gpu will thermal throttle at 110 crashing any game you are playing.gpu temperature rises slightly 3,4 degrees as heat is distributed evenly over heat sinks.tranfer heat to back plate and install a copper heat sink on plate your temperature will drop further 4,5 drgrees
I didn't say that gelid and nvidia thermal putty are same. I just said that gelid also sells the thermal putty and can be used to replace the default ones just in case anyone wants rma.
Also i saw some reddit post where a guy mailed and asked nvidia about this temp issue and they said to use aftermarket TP's and warranty won't be void untill there is some damage to the card.

AFAIK, there is no mandatory warranty law in India. Laptops and TVs worth lacs are sold with 1 year warranty.
Only EU has a mandatory 3 year warranty law with penalty if those 'warranty void' stickers are enforced.
Ifact warranty saves seller from legal proceedings and financial loss.And its tool to drive sales.If we buy somehing from N company we are binding ourselves in a contract.There are several conditions in this contract and warranty is one of them.its governed by Indian contract act 1872
Sale of goods act 1939
Consumer protection act 2019
Read these acts and you will know your rights as a buyer.there was need of other law for sale contract so they took provisions from contract act both legislations are complimentary to each other means basic provisions of contract act are applicable in sale of goods act.It is hard to explain one chapter at a time and these are 3 legistions will take days to explain you have to read them yourself to fully understand them.i will copy paste 2,3 sections which are extremely important and you can teach N company that you are aware of your rights and obligation of seller under these acts so they will not waste your time regarding rma or repair of products.
Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act, 1930 defines warranty as, “A warranty is a stipulation collateral to the main purpose of the contract, the breach of which gives rise to a claim for damages but not to a right to reject the goods and treat the contract as repudiated.” Therefore the buyer has no right to repudiate the contract. Further Section 59 of the Act highlights the remedy for breach of warranty. It lays down that in case of breach of warranty, the contract cannot be repudiated but the buyer has following two remedies:
section 12 of sale of goods act defines warranty and same section is saving N company.sec 12 says buyer don't have power to cancel a sale contract under warranty.it mean after six months you visit N company office and cannot demand that take your gpu and give my money back.you just can't do that.But if N company doesn't give you any warranty then they are keeping section 12 out of contract as only this section defines that buyer cannot cancel a contract.so N company is giving you power to repudiate or cancel a contract in absence of section 12 you can go to N company and can reject their product and can take your money. warranty saves seller lot more then buyer so there will always be warranty on products it can be for less time but it will be.warranty gets over in 3 years but non repudiate rule will always be there.when you sells your gpu to other person N company strikes down that warranty as they are not bound in contract with 3rd party and have not sold anything to new buyer.These are loop holes in laws and companies are taking advantage of those loopholes to run away from liability.
IF N company product fails and they doesn't
changes it or repairs it as per condition written in warranty.it will be called breach in warranty and considered as repudiation of contract from N company side and you can recover your full amount plus damage.

Section 12 of the Act draws a demarcation between a condition and a warranty. The determination of condition or warranty depends upon the interpretation of the stipulation. The interpretation should be based on its function rather than the form of the word used.
Here we have somehing better.
In Indochem Electronic & Anr. v. Addl. Collector of Customs, A.P., a telephone system was sold by the appellants to the respondent which stopped working properly within a month of its installation. The respondents or buyer demanded for the repair of the system but its poor performance continued even after some requests of repair were attended by the appellants. The State Commission ordered to refund a sum of Rs. 1,87, 559/- with interest @12% to the respondents. The appellants contended in the Supreme Court that the warranty period of 1 year was over so appellants have no obligation to repair or refund. But the SC held that the appellants stated that they would attend to the complaints of respondent even after the expiration of warranty period so this representation has led to the obligation on the part of appellants.
Supreme Court judgements are also laws in absence of a section where such things are not defined in a particular legislation.
Any one want to read further

Back