Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

and why will the miners install this software :p
Like game development companies are using NFTs & Crypto in their software likewise if anybody or the GPU manufacturers themselves can create such software which will disable their GPUs if they use them for mining.
If such software is created then I think real gamers will have a chance to buy GPUs at their MSRP since only mining GPUs can be used for mining while we can use the remaining GPUs for gaming.
How is this scenario?
Why cannot the GPU manufacturers or the game development companies utilize this strategy?

To give gamers real chance at gaming & increase interest in gaming as well. Right!

Like game development companies are using NFTs & Crypto in their software likewise if anybody or the GPU manufacturers themselves can create such software which will disable their GPUs if they use them for mining.
If such software is created then I think real gamers will have a chance to buy GPUs at their MSRP since only mining GPUs can be used for mining while we can use the remaining GPUs for gaming.
How is this scenario?
Why cannot the GPU manufacturers or the game development companies utilize this strategy?

To give gamers real chance at gaming & increase interest in gaming as well. Right!
Game companies can't even develop good games now, which is what they do. Look at bf2042, they could've just remastered BF3 and have a better product but no, they developed bf2042.
Look at gta trilogy remaster, :(

It'd be silly for GPU companies to hinder large scale buyers like miners.

How is this scenario?

then why not add a hardware limiter itself. issue is they will not do it as they don't care who buys it. plus bulk buy is more profitable then solo buys. stock clear in one go is always better for them.

You're all talking as if crypto-mining is an illegal activity and shouldn't be done on GPUs. What about people who use the GPU for other non-gaming tasks such as video production, 3D rendering, deep learning, ML etc.?
Just because something is booming right now doesn't mean you need to cut-off that market so you can get your hands on that card.

There's a much simpler explanation of why we cannot get GPUs openly, we don't have the money to pay for it and even if we do we can't find them easily since sellers are preferring bulk deals which they get them from crypto-miners. In business, they only see one thing, profit and they don't see that coming from us.

Crypto is getting so big that now unaware users would also be mining either knowingly or unknowingly, this was a surprise to me and it's a little off-topic but Norton a well known Cybersecurity company is gonna bundle a crypto-mining program with their Antivirus software. Company gets free revenue from already paying customers, next level exploitation.

What's to say other software won't follow this? Just wait and watch.

Last edited:
How to invite a class action lawsuit 101
If somebody can bundle crypto mining software along within their bundle why can't the same type of method be used to limit the use of normal gpus for mining.
How can this become class action law suit if Norton can bundle crypto mining software with their AV.
This is also illegal right because it will eventually use more Cpu power there by increase the user's electricity bills right.

If somebody can bundle crypto mining software along within their bundle why can't the same type of method be used to limit the use of normal gpus for mining.
Because you cannot restrict a consumer's ability to do whatever they want with the product they paid for. When you go buy a GPU it doesn't state or there no agreement for what use it's for.
That's the reason why the previous High hash rate cards are not limited and cannot be limited now with future updates because that would be illegal.

Also, LHR GPUs are just an Nvidia's way of promoting their CMP line-up of GPUs. They don't care for gamers one bit.

For GPUs, distributors are not choking the supply chain. I dont think that Nvidia will allow intentional choking by retailers, especially given that there are multiple brands and each brand has multiple distributors.
Here is a screenshot of microcenter NY. The crunch is everywhere.

View attachment 124167
This is one small retailer hoarding the GPU! The one you shared earlier are genuine sellers like Amazon/Flipkart who are not getting enough stock and these crooks are diverting them to sell at scalped prices...btw, the below is from one video of such retailer from telegram groups. We can close our eyes and say the supply issues though.View attachment 124175View attachment 124176View attachment 124178View attachment 124177
Screenshot_20220115-162006.jpg

What I say is like what we have for gaming and production level gpu. mining cards should be also in the same manner and we should not have high performance on gpu. small is ok. due to this for large miners it makes more sense to buy the mining cards and not the gaming one. but they will not do it even if they are advertising to do so...

How is this scenario?

Didnt nvidia came up with LHR thing which was very easy to hack?
As said earlier its all bizzz man, nobody care what they do with their products once its get sold. Amd clearly stated they are not gonna bothered as to where their gpus land- miners or gamers. They only care about biz!

You should see how bad the situation is in B-tier cities. I went to purchase GTX1650 as a workaround card till next gen GPUs come. They are quoting 28.5k for GTX1650, 52k for 1660 (non-Ti). They seem to have purchased these cards from distributor when the pricing was sky high and are not ready to sell the cards at market price now. I almost showed them middle finger and left. I will go and purchase from vedant or primeabgb.

You should see how bad the situation is in B-tier cities. I went to purchase GTX1650 as a workaround card till next gen GPUs come. They are quoting 28.5k for GTX1650, 52k for 1660 (non-Ti). They seem to have purchased these cards from distributor when the pricing was sky high and are not ready to sell the cards at market price now. I almost showed them middle finger and left. I will go and purchase from vedant or primeabgb.
This sounds like a pyramid scheme. Everyone trying to profit off someone else's expense. Distributor most probably got them at pre scalper prices, sold at a very, very decent profit. Now the retailers trying to do same.

This sounds like a pyramid scheme. Everyone trying to profit off someone else's expense. Distributor most probably got them at pre scalper prices, sold at a very, very decent profit. Now the retailers trying to do same.
Yeah. Exactly like pyramid scheme. Atleast in Tier1 cities, when we go to IT places like SP Road in Bangalore, things are sold at current market price (that call to distributor to check current price). Here in these Tier2 cities, things are sold at price that they purchased xyz days back from distributor. Even if you tell them this is what the market price is, they just wont care. They would leave those cards in dust than sell.

To be fair, the primary reason reviewers are unhappy with this card is because the performance suffers greatly when used in a motherboard with PCIE gen 3 lanes. All recent motherboards (b550 onwards) have gen 4 lanes and can use this card to it's full potential.
In which case, it's the best 4GB card on market, right now.

That being said, it's basically a poor copy of the 5500 xt. Not an amazing deal, but as good as you can get in the current crazy situation.

BTW, was anyone able to get one?
By the time I logged into MDComputers, they'd gone out of stock.

Back